You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #3841
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Yep!

I'm currently playing a loop I made out of a sample of 'Street Spirit (Fade Out)' by Radiohead.
Ahh, you and I have similar taste sir. Please send me this loop! I'm curious.

The Avalanches - Since I left you
Old 07-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #3842
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Aimee Allen - Calling the Maker

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #3843
Life and times of...

I've come to the conclusion that Mos Def's new album The Ecstatic is possibly the best rap album of all times. At least it's right there at the top.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #3844
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I've come to the conclusion that Mos Def's new album The Ecstatic is possibly the best rap album of all times. At least it's right there at the top.
Dude changed a lot, beats are dope (prod by Madlib, Dilla and others i think) but the lyrics are just lacking...
what ever happened to the "intelligent mc"?.

Love Supermagic's sample\beat and heres a big WTF for the No Hay Nada Mas track. Black on Both Sides kills this one, even New Danger just for the Close Edge song .

IMO, of course, and as you know my opinion matters alot .

Whats your top albums if i may ask?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #3845
merely human

Single | Everything But The Girl (iTunes Genius)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #3846
kamikaze hummingbirds

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us

Lazy critic: Kind of a cross between Boards of Canada and Mercury Rev, especially with their new album produced by Dave Fridmann (Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Sparklehorse, etc.)
Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 AM   #3847
kamikaze hummingbirds

Fridge - Early Output (1996 - 1998)

Quite surprising how professional most of it sounds, given that most of the songs were recorded in a bedroom and they were only teenagers.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #3848
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us

Lazy critic: Kind of a cross between Boards of Canada and Mercury Rev, especially with their new album produced by Dave Fridmann (Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Sparklehorse, etc.)
Hmm, never really got on with Mercury Rev or Sparklehorse but I do like the Lips and Boards of Canada. Of BoC's albums I've only heard the Campfire Headphase and Music Has the Right to Children. What do you reckon to their other albums as I heard Geogaddi was their best?

Les Savy Fav - Equestrian
Old 08-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #3849
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Millencolin - No Cigar
Morrissey - You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side + Glamorous Glue
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #3850
merely human

Til I Gain Control Again | This Mortal Coil
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #3851
merely human

Let It Be Me | Ray LaMontagne
Old 08-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #3852
Life and times of...

M.I.A. feat. Timbaland - Come Around
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Dude changed a lot, beats are dope (prod by Madlib, Dilla and others i think) but the lyrics are just lacking...
what ever happened to the "intelligent mc"?.
Well, in my opinion while his lyrics might not be quite as sharp as they've been before, they're still good enough not to care about it. Clearly better than average in my opinion. (Of course depends on what you see as average ) And everything else is simply amazing. The only problem is that some of the songs are just too short.

Although I've never been so interested in the lyrics if everything else is in order. Of course, if the lyrics are quite awful it will throw one off more or less, but then usually in those cases the song isn't that good either. I don't mind if each song doesn't try to change the world, you know?

Quote:
Love Supermagic's sample\beat and heres a big WTF for the No Hay Nada Mas track. Black on Both Sides kills this one, even New Danger just for the Close Edge song .
I would've said just because the "Sex, Love & Money" song (though obviously it's all excellent)

Quote:
Whats your top albums if i may ask?
Well, that's a hard question, isn't it?

Let's see now (I'm most certainly going to miss stuff but I'm sure you don't mind... (also 'm sure you mean rap albums, as this gets soo much more difficult if I start thinking abou albums in general)
Well, pretty much anything from The Roots, can't really say what's the best of them (though my favorite rap song of all times is probably "You Got Me")
Then, as I said, Mos Def's The Ecstatic, I haven't really had a good enough listen to Black on Both Sidesto form a good enough opinion of it.
The Score by the Fugees, of course
From Jay-Z there's The Blueprint, The Black Album and, although most don't seem to agree with me (especially rating it over American Gangster), Kingdom Come
And I think I'll have to say 2001 by Dr. Dre

I really like Lupe Fiasco, probably my favorite rapper (maybe not The Best, (though up there) but my favorite) but I'm not sure if his albums as whole would rate among the best. Close, especially with Food & Liquor, but maybe it's that his producers mostly aren't among the best of the best...
Stuff that might've/could made the list: The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Press Play by Diddy, a couple of albums from Eminem (at least The Eminem Show), Timbaland Presents: Shock Value, but I wasn't sure how much it still qualifies in rap Talib Kweli - Eardrum (unfortunately still the only one of his solo albums I've heard), Pharrell Williams - In My Mind, Guru's Jazzmatazz, ATLiens is pretty good from Outkast... Oh, of course Blackstar.

Right... I'm sure I've forgotten something... Then again, I also haven't heard everything, surprisingly

Last edited by UPtimist; 08-08-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #3853
Life and times of...

Tom Waits - Strange Weather

Incredible song. Just incredible.

Now I'm watching Tom Waits' performance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien back when he was in San Francisco for a week. I don't even care about the music, the dust under his feet that he keeps kicking just looks so great
http://vimeo.com/5532728

(Edit): Ooh, that had the whole interview too! And a great one too, I might add

Last edited by UPtimist; 08-08-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #3854
handsome

Quote:
Well, pretty much anything from The Roots, can't really say what's the best of them (though my favorite rap song of all times is probably "You Got Me")
Dude, watch this and then thank me just watch how capn Kirk kills it! and of course quest and BT always doing their thing

Quote:
I really like Lupe Fiasco, probably my favorite rapper (maybe not The Best, (though up there) but my favorite) (...) Guru's Jazzmatazz (...)
Never paid much attention to him but i do like the Gotta Eat song. Wish i had all 4 jazzmatazz albums

Quote:
Although I've never been so interested in the lyrics if everything else is in order. Of course, if the lyrics are quite awful it will throw one off more or less, but then usually in those cases the song isn't that good either. I don't mind if each song doesn't try to change the world, you know?
yeah sometimes i stop and listen to lil wayne too, just dont tell anyone
__

Meth - Release Yo' Delf (Remix) , pretty awesome remix using a sample from Cris De Burgh's A Spaceman Came Travelling
Old 08-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #3855
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Hmm, never really got on with Mercury Rev or Sparklehorse but I do like the Lips and Boards of Canada. Of BoC's albums I've only heard the Campfire Headphase and Music Has the Right to Children. What do you reckon to their other albums as I heard Geogaddi was their best?

Les Savy Fav - Equestrian
Geogaddi is a great album... definitely requires to be listened to as a whole album, as most of the tracks can't be listened to on their own.

NP: The Remote Viewer similar artists playlist on last.fm.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #3856
kamikaze hummingbirds

Four Tet - 'Swimmer'
Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #3857
Life and times of...

Quote:
Never paid much attention to him but i do like the Gotta Eat song.
Well, Kick, Push is obviously awesome. And Superstar... And many more He's about the best lyricist right now.

But here's something totally incredible:
Child Rebel Soldier - Us Placers

You probably knew it... But you know what I think? They should finally get around to making that album.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #3858
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Geogaddi is a great album... definitely requires to be listened to as a whole album, as most of the tracks can't be listened to on their own.
Cool, I prefer listening to albums from start to finish anyway rather than shuffling or skipping tracks which sort of defeats the artists intention.

Wilco - A Ghost is Born
Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #3859
kamikaze hummingbirds

The xx - Teardrops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVgC...eature=related

Hyped, but INTERESTING.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #3860
The Major Grubert.

Mocean Worker