You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Saw Greenday Live

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #21
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio
Rock operas are awesome. Nuff said.
I read an interview recently where the lead from Greenday claimed a rock opera was a completely new concept. I think Pete Townshend would like to have a word with him about that...
Old 03-08-2005, 11:47 AM   #22
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Can I marry you?

(Don't tell Trep!)
I don't know he'll care...ya know...since he's gay?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I don't know he'll care...ya know...since he's gay?
You are relatively new to AG so you probably don't know but fov and Trep have been happily ( ) married since last year. I guess you missed the wedding. A lot of the Agers had a grand old time at their wedding.

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...6&postcount=12

From what I can tell, they seem to have a very open relationship, which is probably why fovily never complains aobut my constant flirting with Trep.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #24
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
From what I can tell, they seem to have a very open relationship, which is probably why fovily never complains aobut my constant flirting with Trep.
I'm just hoping he'll ask you to join us.

I DO live in San Francisco, after all.

We could sit around at the beach all day listening to Green Day and sipping martinis...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

We could sit around at the beach all day listening to Green Day and sipping martinis...
and eating Vosges truffles...

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...43&postcount=5

Do we get to adopt Wormsie? Trep's his daddy so I guess we will have to adopt him as our own.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #26
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
I said that not caring about what Greeday sings when you're young (meaning below 18) means that you're far too cynical for your own good. Which was mainly oriented at SamNMax and his annoying comment.
No, it doesn't. It means that I'm far too aware for my own good. Lat's take a look at they're current hit,"American Idiot" . The average loser who follows the so called "Skater" trend (though I'm not saying you are one of these people), would tell you that it is a smart look on how stupid the Bush Administration is. Yet they're song really never says why the Bush Administraters are "faggots", as they so dimly state. Now, compare this song to Eminem's "Mosh". Read these lyrics and tell me who's much more insighful and deep. Yes, I agree that Green Day is much better than the average punk band, but at the end of the day, it's the same. Why should I care about they're statments. I would like to have this question answered. Why should I give a ****?

Last edited by SamNMax; 03-08-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
No, it doesn't. It means that I'm far too aware for my own good. Lat's take a look at they're current hit,"American Idiot" . The average loser who follows the so called "Skater" trend (though I'm not saying you are one of these people), would tell you that it is a smart look on how stupid the Bush Administration is. Yet they're song really never says why the Bush Administrations are "faggots", as they so dimly state. Now, compare this song to Eminem's "Mosh". Read these lyrics and tell me who's much more insighful and deep. Yes, I agree that Green Day is much better than the average punk band, but at the end of the day, it's the same. Why should I care about they're statments. I would like to have this question answered. Why should I give a ****?
Where does it say that the Bush administration are faggots? The way I understand it, they say they'd rather be considered "faggots" than "part of a redneck agenda".
Anyway, I don't remember saying that Greenday's songs were insighful and deep, nor do I see how comparing them to Eminem is relevant.
Also, if you were that aware of the reality, you wouldn't give a shit about insighful or deep, you'll just be glad to share a bit of healthy simple anger with guys like greenday, instead of listening to cynical morons like Eminem.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #28
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
and eating Vosges truffles...

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...43&postcount=5

Do we get to adopt Wormsie? Trep's his daddy so I guess we will have to adopt him as our own.

This is so so mest up.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #29
rio
Custom User Title

American Idiot was not a great song, I much preferred Jesus of Suburbia which was why I bought the album. I think American Idiot was simply released to get radio airtime and therefore money, if so then it worked. American Idiot is the reason the bandwagoners like the cd, the rest is for fans.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #30
fov
Rattenmonster

I agree. I actually really dislike that song. (And now it's running through my head, thankyouverymuch... )

I think Eminem is very smart and I love his music. But it's a different kind of music, and I like it for different reasons.

-emily
Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #31
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Where does it say that the Bush administration are faggots? The way I understand it, they say they'd rather be considered "faggots" than "part of a redneck agenda".
Anyway, I don't remember saying that Greenday's songs were insighful and deep, nor do I see how comparing them to Eminem is relevant.
Also, if you were that aware of the reality, you wouldn't give a shit about insighful or deep, you'll just be glad to share a bit of healthy simple anger with guys like greenday, instead of listening to cynical morons like Eminem.
I'm simply making a point of why I don't like Greenday. I know you didn't say they were insightful or deep, but a lot of people do. And all of those people say that Eminem sucks, which I find very amusing. And healthy anger? Cynical moron? I've listened to enough Greenday to critisize them. But have you ever really listened to an Eminem song? You can't get much more real than him. And what reality should I be aware of? If you mean the reality of dumbass culture fad followers eating up this song, than I'm more than aware of the reality.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #32
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio
American Idiot was not a great song, I much preferred Jesus of Suburbia which was why I bought the album. I think American Idiot was simply released to get radio airtime and therefore money, if so then it worked. American Idiot is the reason the bandwagoners like the cd, the rest is for fans.
Everytime I play this album I start at track 2; American Idiot doesn't do it for me really

Track 4 (Boulevard of Broken Dreams) is one of their best "ballads" IMO.

S'funny really, when you mention the "bandwagoners" liking Idiot; ask them if they like Green Days very early stuff and I guarantee that they won't. The fact is, IMO they are just not real fans. I have never been to a gig of theirs, yet I have listened to them since the year dot so I believe that makes me more of a fan tbh.

Just like Maiden. Theres no band like them, and there never will be.

AF

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #33
SamNMax

Don't get me wrong, I think they were a good band, but with this travesty of a rock song, I just hate them.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #34

Quote:
I'm simply making a point of why I don't like Greenday. I know you didn't say they were insightful or deep, but a lot of people do. And all of those people say that Eminem sucks, which I find very amusing. And healthy anger? Cynical moron? I've listened to enough Greenday to critisize them. But have you ever really listened to an Eminem song? You can't get much more real than him. And what reality should I be aware of? If you mean the reality of dumbass culture fad followers eating up this song, than I'm more than aware of the reality.
I don't need to listen to Eminem, it keeps playing all the time on the bloody TV, on the radio, in parties, he's basically following me everywhere. Because you see, funnily enough, there are plenty more followers eating up Eminem's than Greenday's songs. It this a part of the reality you're aware of?
Only perhaps for some occult reason the dumb Eminem followers are smarter than the dumb Greenday followers.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #35
SamNMax

I don't like Eminem because he's popular. I like him because he's one of the best artist who ever lived. You actually have to know about his past and listen to all his best (and by "best" I don't mean popular) songs to fully realize his genious. I'm sure that the songs you hear are "just Lose It" and... well, that's about the only song that's recently been played. You can't back statments up by just one song (and that's his worst song by the way). Then again, "Like Toy Soliders" has been played a lot as well. Which is a really good song. You may be hearing his songs, but you're not listening to them. There's a difference. I've listened to Greenday's songs and I don't personally like them.

You may not even personally like Eminem, but...

You know, this is all just a matter of opinion. There's no argument here. Never mind.

Last edited by SamNMax; 03-08-2005 at 04:05 PM.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #36
rio
Custom User Title

I think this calls for a poll.....
Old 03-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #37

Quote:
I don't like Eminem because he's popular. I like him because he's one of the best artist who ever lived. You actually have to know about his past and listen to all his best (and by "best" I don't mean popular) songs to fully realize his genious. I'm sure that the songs you hear are "just Lose It" and... well, that's about the only song that's recently been played. You can't back statments up by just one song (and that's his worst song by the way). Then again, "Like Toy Soliders" has been played a lot as well. Which is a really good song. You may be hearing his songs, but you're not listening to them. There's a difference. I've listened to Greenday's songs and I don't personally like them.

You know, this is all just a matter of opinion. There's no argument here. Never mind.
Ok, so I've heard the Slim Shady song, the one where (in the video clip) he makes fun about Moby, Mosh, and some others that I've heard in parties.
I got to admit, though, that I've never bothered listening to the lyrics, mainly because I don't understand them. Any opinion that I have on him is mostly based on the kind of music that he does, what his video clips look like, what I've heard about him, and the fact that everyone and his neighbour is suddenly an Eminem fan (one day I had never heard of the guy, the next there's Slim Shady all over my TV). Having read the lyrics you linked too, though, I still have a hard time finding the genius. To me, it's about the same kind of content as Greenday's lyrics, only less personal.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #38
Banned User

Quote:

Oh yes, he sings songs about beating up gay people, having sex with his dead mother and his 10th grade feuds with who ever exposes his crappiness in public. What an artist! Lets give people the finger! Ground breaking!

Vanilla Ice Ice baby....
Old 03-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #39
SamNMax

He just says that to piss people off. It's his warped sense of humor. And what do you mean by, "Exposing his crappines in public"?

Old 03-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #40
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
He just says that to piss people off. It's his warped sense of humor. And what do you mean by, "Exposing his crappines in public"?
beware: they said the exact same thing about stalin!