You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The coffee-junkie thread

View Poll Results: How do you like your coffee?
No sugar 7 33.33%
One sugar (teaspoon or whatever) 1 4.76%
Two sugar (teaspoon or whatever) 4 19.05%
I drink my sugar with coffee and cream 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
pain is love

Default The coffee-junkie thread

I remeber this every now and then when I meet with a friend of mine for a cup of coffee and look at him while pouring his sugar. Yes, pouring! He puts so much sugar in it that it probably kills off the taste of coffee completely. I drink mine black, no sugar, that's probably a habit that I picked up from my dad, when he was on a diet. It actually like the taste, and now I can't even stand a grain of sugar in it. So, how do you like your coffee?

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 03-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
Doctor Watson

Nonexistent.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #3
Graceful Assassin

Well I think I've only drinked coffee about... 3 times in my life but when I did, it was more sugar than it was coffee. Last option, absolutely!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I like my coffee black with no sugar - the way it's supposed to be
My ex used to drink it with milk and about 5 sugars!!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #5
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I like my coffee black with no sugar - the way it's supposed to be
Well, so far we're in the lead, but by tomorrow things will probably change... I'll just savour the moment

by_100ja
Old 03-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
Friendly Server Admin

I am a coffee wuss
Old 03-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #7
Old Bag Gamer

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatFrith

I like my coffee high octane. 1 scoop per cup and only a bit of creamer. Espresso when I can get it. I am addicted to the Depth Charge at Caribou Cafe.

Carly
Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsie
How do you like your coffee?
You moron! There is no 'I prefer cream, no sugar' option!

I like my coffee like I like my men - strong, hot, and steamy, with lots of cream.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
delusions of adequacy

It depends on the type/quality of coffee. Out of a decent espresso machine with a bean that makes plenty of crema I can go without milk or sugar but to be on the safe side I usually go with a half teaspoon of unrefined sugar (for a slight malt) and a whisper of milk (macchiato).

I can fully understand why some people load all sorts of junk into their coffee provided they live in America. What passes for coffee in (most of) the USA is unspeakable.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
merely human

The only truly great and delicious coffee I've found here in Chicago is from a place called Intelligentsia. One of the owners is this fellow who used to work for Peet's in Washington, and he has the knack for roasting the beans just perfectly so. He said that Peet's tends to overroast their beans, explaining part of his reason for starting his own company. In fact, Intelligentsia's coffee is so fine that many top hotels and 4-5 star restaurants in the city are now serving it. It's so delicious and good and strong that I gladly forfeit the cream. But I sometimes add it (half n half) as an extra treat. But never, ever sugar.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #11
Curiouser and curiouser

Where's the "I take my coffee with whole milk and brown sugar" option.

Oh drat. Now I'm really craving a latte or cafe au lait. I have some coffee here at home but with a drip coffee maker and skim milk, that's not really going to cut it, is it?

Peet's is the best coffee around these parts, probably . . . outside of some fancy restaurant stuff, or something. Mmm.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #12
delusions of adequacy

Some of the best coffee I ever had was in Malaysia from street hawkers, Kopi-Peng, Malaysian iced coffee made with sweetened condensed milk is the best thing in the morning and goes down well with anything spicy unlike normal coffee which is like battery acid straight after a hot curry. And Kopi-O-Peng, Malaysian iced coffee without the milk, can't be beat on the hot nights.

With my little saeco at the shop being repaired I'm reduced to plunger coffee and I am NOT a happy camper.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #13
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You moron! There is no 'I prefer cream, no sugar' option!

I like my coffee like I like my men - strong, hot, and steamy, with lots of cream.
This poll is only about the amount of sugar in your coffee, the last option is for sugar freaks (it's actually a quote of Beastie Boys, if you didn't know trepsie ).

by_100ja
Old 03-04-2005, 04:38 AM   #14
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

I have two sugars in mine. But I use brown so it doesnt ruin the taste.

Ah, but do you guys savour your coffee, taking time to drink it or rushing it? Coffee is made to savour man!!

Do you guys have Caffe Nero in your respective countries? This place makes THE BEST latte's ever. Two nice, strong shots, with a beautiful, smooth frothy head.

Also love Greek coffee: cafe ellinika!! Mmmmmm.....and a good iced coffee sat in Kapoudistrias in Corfu town, watching all the beaufitul Greek women

I can drink coffee until it makes me dizzy.....oh right, thats why I feel like the way I do

/falls off chair

AF

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #15
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Black, no sugar, and preferably Red Diamond, a local Birmingham brand.
Just curious: Why do so many British television shows depict Brits drinking instant coffee? That stuff is foul and bitter, and if it was the only variety of coffee I had been exposed to, I'd never touch coffee again.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #16
Doctor Watson

Anything harmful that you have to learn to enjoy most probably isn't worth the trouble. Like drinking coffee or smoking.

(Sex doesn't count because it is beneficial, not harmful.)
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #17
delusions of adequacy

Responsible coffee drinking actually has many health benefits, much like responsible consumption of red wine (~2 glasses a day) can also be quite good for your health.

Health wise, unless you participate in very athletic sex, the physical health aspects of intercourse are about the same as a good perv and/or masturbation which get the heart rate up and burns about the same amount of calories.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #18
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Responsible coffee drinking actually has many health benefits, much like responsible consumption of red wine (~2 glasses a day) can also be quite good for your health.
It still tastes terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Health wise, unless you participate in very athletic sex, the physical health aspects of it are about the same as a good perv and/or masturbation which get the heart rate up and burn about the same amount of calories.
I was thinking more about the fact that it is fun.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #19

No sugar for me either. I actually want to taste coffee when I'm having a cup. This is also why I do not put dressing on my salad. I prefer tasting the vegetables.

And Elton and Manhunsie, don't you go start a salad dressing thread. We have enough on-going food-related threads! I'm on diet trying to lose a few pounds so that I can fit into my new itsy-bitsy-tiny-polka-dot bikini bathing suit. And you guys are not helping!

Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #20
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

To say it in the immortal words of Sting:

"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear,..."

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!