Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   I may be going to Europe in a few weeks o_0 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/7165-i-may-going-europe-few-weeks-o_0-a.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 03-02-2005 07:39 PM

I may be going to Europe in a few weeks o_0

My sister and brother-in-law just asked me if I still have my passport. I said yes with a suspiciously raised brow. They then asked me if I want to be a nanny for a trip. I said (again raised brow), "Where the hell are we going?"

Amsterdam. Spring break for my niece and nephew is coming up, so for some wacky reason they all decided they want to go to Amsterdam for four days. Should I go? I think they (or at least the bro-in-law) got inspired by that sex comedy European Vacation. Weird.

I guess I could steal the kids during the day and let mom and dad alone. Then I can have an evening off to myself, go visit the red light district and ask all the big breasted prostitutes: "Hi, I'm a harmless little gay American guy. Can I get hug, please?" And then go to some bar for a cocktail, write postcards and journal entries, and admire all you beautiful handsome Dutch men.......um, you are all beautiful and handsome, aren't you? :D

Should I go? It's only four days.

lumi 03-02-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Should I go? It's only four days.

Why not? Sounds fun to me.

EasilyConfused 03-02-2005 07:52 PM

HELLO!!!!!! Think of the ART!!!

And the Anne Frank museum. :\ :\ :\ You will be depressed, but it will be interesting.

I'm saying all of this without ever having been. :rolleyes: I was travel agent for my aunt and uncle's 40th anniversary trip to Europe and planned a stay in four or five cities, including Amsterdam, which they ADORED. She's high culture, he's low, they love/hate each other, and they had a great time. So I figure there's nothing NOT to like there. Except the redlight district, which everyone says is gross. :r

Intrepid Homoludens 03-02-2005 07:54 PM

Not sure it would be fun the whole time. My 7-year-old nephew is on the chubby side and tires too easily from walking, and he's a freaking mama's boy (my sister has yet to cut the umbilical cord), and is a huge car slut so will only take interest in driveable things. In short, he's high maintenance.

My niece (11), on the other hand, is rather cool. She loves watching House and CSI on t.v., likes looking at gross stuff like body parts, is into true crime stories and ghost stories, and doesn't tire as easily.

:D

DustCropper 03-02-2005 08:33 PM

Amsterdam is an awesome place and I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to go there again. Go for it. :)

tabacco 03-02-2005 09:25 PM

Party at Marek's new place! ;)

Maquisard 03-02-2005 09:51 PM

How old do you need to be to try weed legally there? :D

Intrepid Homoludens 03-02-2005 10:32 PM

:9~ Oh man, I haven't done weed in years! ...... :( Crap! This is supposed to be family trip. Must be the responsible uncle.

......... :frusty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabsie
Party at Marek's new place!

http://forums.idlethumbs.net/images/smilies/eyetoy.gif

:shifty: I'm scared to meet him in person.

Starflux 03-02-2005 11:30 PM

Omg if you're going to Amsterdam then /I'm coming! (err... not in that way). Let me know if and when. I'd really like to meet you in person Trep! (then I can stripe off number three on the list, the first two being Jaf and Marek, respectively).

(oh and by the way, there is no age restriction on weed here. In fact they infuse babies with it at birth so they can quickly get used to it and can smoke some pot as soon as possible. The economy depends on it! Weed is what keeps this country running :shifty: )

Intrepid Homoludens 03-02-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flux
(err... not in that way)

:(

Quote:

(oh and by the way, there is no age restriction on weed here. In fact they infuse babies with it at birth so they can quickly get used to it and can smoke some pot as soon as possible. The economy depends on it! Weed is what keeps this country running :shifty: )
Which explains you, Marek, Erwin, and the other Dutch types here. :shifty:

Ninja Dodo 03-03-2005 06:09 AM

Yeah, definitely go. Amsterdam's a great city. It's not all potheads and prostitutes. As EasilyConfused said, if you're into paintings, you'll love the museums. The "van Gogh" is very good - I don't know why I still haven't checked out the main exhibit properly but they have awesome exhibitions in any case... They had a great one on Rossetti's work when I was back in Holland last summer.

Do you ever find that the closer to home something is, the less likely you are to visit it as a tourist? It's weird.

Anyway, when were you thinking of going?

Ninja Dodo 03-03-2005 06:15 AM

You know, I think if you did some statistics you'd find that more weed gets smoked by the tourists than by us.

I've never tried the stuff myself but that's more because I just don't like smoking in general... Maybe I should try it in my tea sometime, though. :D

DemonFox 03-03-2005 07:12 AM

Amsterdam? Amsterdam is boring! Been there tons of times. Probably because I live in The Netherlands. :rolleyes:

jaf 03-03-2005 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Should I go?

Only if while you're there you take a little walk down to Barcelona...

Wormsie 03-03-2005 09:27 AM

And you must come to Finland. Or maybe I will come to Amsterdam, too.

Erwin_Br 03-03-2005 10:55 AM

Ooooh, AG mini-meeting! Let me know if there are plans to meet each other. I'll be there! (If my car will ever get fixed, that is) ;)

--Erwin

Jazhara7 03-03-2005 11:24 AM

And don't forget to come to germany!

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Intrepid Homoludens 03-03-2005 12:55 PM

:crazy: AAACH!! I feel like I'm being pulled in several different directions at once!!

C_Knight 03-03-2005 01:16 PM

WOW you are so damn lucky Trep, that's like my dream vacation.... :shifty:

Crypto 03-03-2005 01:18 PM

Amsterdam that's that place with a nice view on the moutains? Just kiddin'.

It's as flat as Belgium, but we have the best french fries. ;)