You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you drink bottled water?

View Poll Results: Do you drink bottled water?
I only drink bottled water and/or purified spring water (you know what I mean). 8 23.53%
I drink water only from the faucet. 5 14.71%
I drink water from wherever I can get it, including the local pond. 13 38.24%
I don't like water. 3 8.82%
Other 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #21
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

When I lived near Boston, we had really great water, but here in Sarasota, no one, absolutely no one, drinks the tap water (it varies from bleachy to brackish, yuck!, and sometimes is yellowish). I get Carolina Mountain Water - and it is very good, much better than all the other bottled waters around here. I have a three gallon bottle seated on a dispenser, and have it delivered every other week. I freeze a 2/3 full soda bottle and just before leaving for work, I fill the rest up with chilled water - then I have ice cold water that lasts my whole shift in work.

BTW - if you're going to try this freezing bit, be sure to remove the cap, and tip the bottle at an angle - this gives a larger surface area to expand, and you won't split the sides of the bottle open.

FGM
Old 02-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #22
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Wouldn't count on it. "Sourcy" for example, which is sold in Holland, is just tap water with added bubbles.

jjacob is right about the tap water in and around Amsterdam. I've never tasted anything better anywhere. The water here is filtered naturally through the sand in the dunes, or something. It's delicious.

Yes, but Evian and Vittel are natural (mineral?) waters. They don't have bubbles.
They even tell you which spring it is from.

As for "Selters" water, which is mineral water with bubbles (they add it later. They also have it with less bubbles, and with no bubbles) - I know where it comes from. It comes from Selters at the Lahn (Selters and der Lahn is a town, and the water is named after it).

So, in case I find out that they don't come from springs: I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, WATER!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:12 AM   #23
pain is love

I mostly drink local bottled mineral water Jamnica (with bubbles), they got some EAUscars (or something) rewards for best quality in France (the best water in Europe). The one without bubbles got the same award too. And it's waaaaaaaaaay better than our tap water.

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 02-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #24
i'm with... <thud>

i hear nasty stories of public water with chemicals that make men grow breasts...but so far im still a C cup so i have no qualms with it all...bottled water doesnt really taste like real water...im defining real water as having sulphur egg-smell quality...ah...i drink pepsi...who needs water...or teeth?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #25
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
i hear nasty stories of public water with chemicals that make men grow breasts...but so far im still a C cup so i have no qualms with it all...bottled water doesnt really taste like real water...im defining real water as having sulphur egg-smell quality...ah...i drink pepsi...who needs water...or teeth?
Hey man, where have you been? You got lost or something?

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 02-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #26
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
Hey man, where have you been? You got lost or something?
i was finding jesus...belch
Old 02-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #27
Excessively diverted

The fact that "Evian" spells "naive" backwards does nothing to alleviate my suspicions about bottled water
Old 02-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #28

I drink tap water these days, but that's more out of lazyness.
I used to drink bottled water (Volvic), which I find much better than tap water, but I don't want to go though the trouble of bringing back the packs from my supermarket, so I just drink the tap water very cold, so that I can't feel how bad it tastes (which is not that much, really).
And I like my water cold, anyway.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:20 AM   #29
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin
I'm not a huge fan of this bottled water, and am kind of suspicious that these bottled water companies just fill their bottles up from the faucet anyway.

What do you guys think?

There are obviously areas in the world where there isn't clean water coming from a faucet, but here in good ole Minnesota of 10,000 lakes, the water is pure indeed.
I made this short video detailing my stance when it comes to bottled water, check it out: http://s88514120.onlinehome.us/Paper%20Street%20Productions/Bottled%20Water.wmv

Last edited by New_Order; 02-28-2005 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:16 PM   #30
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
The Ithorians would laugh their asses off if they found out what we earthlings have done to our natural resources. That is, if they even have asses to laugh off.
Yeah, but Ithor is a smoking ruin after the Vong wiped it out, so who's laughing now, hammerheads!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:36 PM   #31
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Order
I made this short video detailing my stance when it comes to bottled water, check it out: http://s88514120.onlinehome.us/Paper%20Street%20Productions/Bottled%20Water.wmv
Ace.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #32
Commander of chest

Last week I noticed something brownish floating in my water.

Naaah I must have overreacted because it added a nice touch of flavour.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #33
Old Bag Gamer

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatFrith

The tap water here is horrible but then again so was the tap water in San Diego. I bought a water filtration system that treats all the water in the house through the main supply line. My water is clean enough to add a goldfish to it without having to treat it.