You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What will they think of next? (Xbox marital aid thingie)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #41
Friendly Server Admin

Anyway, it seems to me that since Xbox controllers are perfectly standard USB devices, there's got to be a better way of implementing this whole system. Really all you need is a controller that can take an incoming signal amounting to a value somewhere between 0-100 and then pass that percentage of the 5v bus power on to the vibrator's motor. It doesn't seem like it'd be that complex a circuit. That way you don't have the thing attached to a detached controller PCB in an ugly fashion, and also you can write yourself an app for a modded xbox to let you control the speed via another controller or something. Or possibly an XBMC visualization plugin
Old 02-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #42
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
By Trep, I assume you mean me, though i'd be more of a "temp" than a "trep," but i'm not too picky.
I meant Intrepid... but The Adventures of Temp & Trep could be a cute name for a cartoon...

Quote:
I actually expected to get some html slaps in the face and possibly banned. I forgot how wick-it cool you guys were.
Nah, you'd have to do a lot worse to get banned around here.

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, having just upset all of you with the image of "mom" having sex...

You're a wha?! Since when?!
Ack, wouldn't that be a scary thought?

No, no, not an actual mom. Unless hamsters count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Anyway, it seems to me that since Xbox controllers are perfectly standard USB devices, there's got to be a better way of implementing this whole system. ...blahblahblah tech mumbo jumbo... Or possibly an XBMC visualization plugin
:eek:

(Lemme know when you get it all figured out. I'll be the guinea pig... )
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #43
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
(Lemme know when you get it all figured out. I'll be the guinea pig... )
http://www.phidgets.com/modules.php?...rtid=91&page=1

There you go... one USB DC motor controller. In fact, it can control up to 4 motors from the one device, so you could have some sort of elaborate multiplayer setup without using up all of your controller ports

It even comes with a handy API.

Also, as a followup question, what does it say about my Friday afternoons that this seems like the best use of my time?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #44
merely human

I just don't think the whole thing was well designed. It's only good for recharging the vibrator? That makes it even worse! It means the ultimately the Xbox has nothing to do with the fake dick, why not just plug it into the wall to power it up?

My suggestion, if you want to actually pleasure your female mate whilst shooting Halo aliens, is to have the dildo 'protrude' from the controller itself. This is where certain sexual positions would come into play (as it were). I guess the you would both have to be on the floor in front of the t.v., with you kneeling, your partner on her stomach before you, and......well you can visualize it, I'm sure. I propose that with every 'hit' you take in the game the vibrator responds accordingly, to the point where your partner squirms in sheer ecstasy....

You: "OMG, I got 10 left in health and I gotta make it through this last level and there's not medkits anywhere in sight and I have 5 shots left in my SMG!!"

Partner: "OH! Oh god, oh yeah!! Oh baby, please!! Let another alien shoot you, mmmmmmm!!!!!"

You: "WHAT?!! Are you crazy?!! I've been trying to beat this boss level for weeks!! I am not risking losing it just so you can get off!!"

Partner: "OH PLEEEEZZ!!! PLEASE! UNH, UNH, UNH....!!"

You: "SHUT UP or I'll pause the game!"
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #45
Doctor Watson

I think my upstairs neighbor is doing just that.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #46
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
This is probably a bit too much information for y'all, but...

When I first met my boyfriend it was in passing (friend of a friend) and I had no interest in him whatsoever. Just thought he was too old for me and not really my type. A few weeks later I went to a concert with the mutual friend and she was telling me he'd asked for my number. I said I wasn't really into him and she started saying what a nice guy he was, how he'd been in this really stupid relationship for like two years and it was about time he got a nice girlfriend, etc. To try to convince me I'd like him she told me a story about when he bought his former girlfriend a vibrator for Christmas. She was so offended she said she wanted it out of the house immediately (it wasn't even her house!) and he had to choose between the vibrator and her. Of course he chose her (silly man) but the relationship continued to go downhill after that. This story touched me and I agreed to go out with him. And four years later we have a drawer full of very nice... err... stuff next to the bed.
It actually has never occured to me to use 'toys' to enhance intmicacies with a partner. Years ago when my and ex and I were together we never really used anything, except what you'd call a 'plug', and it did nothing for me. I dunno, maybe it's 'cause I prefer the real, human thingies. I can't seem to take 'toys' seriously. I did play a little bit with other fetishes. When we were just starting to date, I proposed to my ex that we both wear the sexiest outfit we could think of, not telling each other beforehand. I showed up at his front door to see him wearing all black - a turtelneck and tight jeans - and smoking a Dunhill Red. "Very sexy," I commented. I myself wore tight Levi's 501s, black leather ankle boots, and a black Dolce & Gabbana wool turtleneck that zips down the front but was zipped all the way up. He said, "Oh, that's really sexy."

I said, "Think so?" I proceeded to slowly unzip the turtleneck, which revealed a clear vinyl vest underneath, my chest showing under. For the rest of the evening he kept making excuses to put his hands on me, and I kept squirming away.

Quote:
I don't have any problem with the concept of a vibrator attached to a game controller. I'm of the "try anything once" mentality. It's the execution that bothers me. There's just no way that thing is going to be comfortable, for either party. If I had an Xbox I'd design one myself... but I don't, so I guess I'll just stick with the vibrators.
Also, a BLUE thingy? Weird.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #47
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I just don't think the whole thing was well designed. It's only good for recharging the vibrator? That makes it even worse! It means the ultimately the Xbox has nothing to do with the fake dick, why not just plug it into the wall to power it up?

My suggestion, if you want to actually pleasure your female mate whilst shooting Halo aliens, is to have the dildo 'protrude' from the controller itself. This is where certain sexual positions would come into play (as it were). I guess the you would both have to be on the floor in front of the t.v., with you kneeling, your partner on her stomach before you, and......well you can visualize it, I'm sure. I propose that with every 'hit' you take in the game the vibrator responds accordingly, to the point where your partner squirms in sheer ecstasy....

You: "OMG, I got 10 left in health and I gotta make it through this last level and there's not medkits anywhere in sight and I have 5 shots left in my SMG!!"

Partner: "OH! Oh god, oh yeah!! Oh baby, please!! Let another alien shoot you, mmmmmmm!!!!!"

You: "WHAT?!! Are you crazy?!! I've been trying to beat this boss level for weeks!! I am not risking losing it just so you can get off!!"

No no no no no no! You've got it all wrong. It doesn't just charge it. See, every time something happens in the game, the pad rumbles, when the pad rumbles, it causes the vibrator to shake. Kapeesh?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:03 PM   #48
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I said, "Think so?" I proceeded to slowly unzip the turtleneck, which revealed a clear vinyl vest underneath, my chest showing under. For the rest of the evening he kept making excuses to put his hands on me, and I kept squirming away.
Mmm.... I want one.

I don't know if I like the idea of vibrators having to plug into things. My very first was a huge unwieldy one that plugs into the wall. My (ex) boyfriend sent it to me when I was in college (he lived in SF). I think he wanted to impress me by sending the biggest he could find but... well... nope. *shudder* Bigger is not always better.

I agree with the scenario of the vibrator protruding from the controller. That would be much better than going sideways the way it is in the picture.

Quote:
There you go... one USB DC motor controller. In fact, it can control up to 4 motors from the one device, so you could have some sort of elaborate multiplayer setup without using up all of your controller ports
Err... dunno about you, but that particular gadget doesn't really turn me on. I'm not an IT geek though.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #49
Banned User

Oh my god, what the hell has happened to this post?

"Dear Penthouse, you'll never guess what happened to me. I was in this Adventuring Gaming Forum when these two ladies started talking about plugs..."

Last edited by SakSquash; 02-25-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #50
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
"Dead Penthouse, you'll never guess what happened to me. I was in this Adventuring Gaming Forum when these two ladies started talking about plugs..."
Trep is a lady?

Spoiler:
I know spoiler tags don't hide this, but

Oh well. He named his KoTOR character after me, and that character became female... Gender-related assumptions aren't that important, I believe. I can be a lady too, if you want.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #51
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Err... dunno about you, but that particular gadget doesn't really turn me on. I'm not an IT geek though.
Well, maybe you're just not trying hard enough...

The idea was that since it can output 12vdc to the motor, you just need to replace the vibrator's batteries with the card. The downside is, you'd have to have both a USB cable and a 12vdc power supply cord attached as well, which could be a bit inconvenient.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:52 AM   #52
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
http://www.phidgets.com/modules.php?...rtid=91&page=1

It even comes with a handy API.

Also, as a followup question, what does it say about my Friday afternoons that this seems like the best use of my time?
Given the subject what sort of "multiplayer" setup did you have in mind.

I think this says your Friday afternoons are exciting as mine in the office.

Incidentally, on the whole straight man achieving satisfaction with this question, some years ago I saw a device that was designed to, shall we say, fit around a certain part of the male anatomy and then vibrate. No idea about how well it worked or if it came in different sizes.

To sex shop owner : "I believe I'm a size 16."

(Do you think they'd have in-shop measurring devices like shoe shops? )
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #53
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
Incidentally, on the whole straight man achieving satisfaction with this question, some years ago I saw a device that was designed to, shall we say, fit around a certain part of the male anatomy and then vibrate. No idea about how well it worked or if it came in different sizes.

To sex shop owner : "I believe I'm a size 16."

(Do you think they'd have in-shop measurring devices like shoe shops? )
I've read about devices like that can be custom made according to a man's anatomical specifications. Of course, they cost much more than the 'readymade' versions. You have to take measurements of yourself when you're in.......that particular state, then send them the stats.

Actually I'm surprised the guy didn't design an Xbox pleasure thingy for himself, one that gets him off while he plays....um, whatever game that gets him off.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #54
Banned User

Quote:
I've read about devices like that can be custom made according to a man's anatomical specifications. Of course, they cost much more than the 'readymade' versions. You have to take measurements of yourself when you're in.......that particular state, then send them the stats.

Actually I'm surprised the guy didn't design an Xbox pleasure thingy for himself, one that gets him off while he plays....um, whatever game that gets him off.
Trep, you know way too much about this stuff.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #55
merely human

What's your point, tempstud?
Old 02-27-2005, 02:32 PM   #56
Banned User

Quote:
What's your point, tempstud?
Oh, I dunno, I guess I don't have one. Btw, I found a pic of you and your husband. You look so cute together!

Ron Jeremy is the man!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #57
merely human

O god. He never really was goodlooking, even when he was younger, before he got disgustingly fat. Few straight male pr0n actors are attractive looking, imo.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:38 PM   #58
Banned User

Quote:
O god. He never really was goodlooking, even when he was younger, before he got disgustingly fat. Few straight male pr0n actors are attractive looking, imo.
That's what you have to love about him. He's a little beaver who has squished with truckloads of prime clam. Who else can you say that about?

Wow, this has gone disgustingly off topic. We need a Ron Jeremy Thread.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #59

Quote:
What about good old Rocco?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:39 PM   #60
No justice. Only me.

Quote:

The guy linked to another guy who made a "shocking" controller for use while playing Mortal Kombat. That, combined with the vibrator idea, made me think more along the lines of:

Get over here!
"Ohhhh yeah...."
Bam! Smack! Slash! Crunch!
"YES! YES! YES! OH YES!"
Finish her!
"OHHHHHH YEEEEEAHHHHHHH...." *panting*

And I don't think it really emforces the "geek as lonely loser" stereotype unless the guy makes a model with a Fleshlight.

*shudders at the thought*