You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Farewell.......... for now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
Mostly absent

Default Farewell.......... for now

Some of you already know about my 6-months departure from AG to “lay waste on Europe in my quest for world domination while fulfilling my mandatory time in the military”, as someone so eloquently put it.

I’ll be leaving on Monday, January 10th, which probably means that I will be posting my last posts on Sunday.
The funny thing is that on that same day, January 10th, I will have been here at AG for exactly two years. Oh, the irony...

I won’t be totally gone during these six months, albeit most of the time. I will be on leave of absence occasionally, but that will most likely be only for a couple of days at a time (weekends probably). I will try to pop in to see how you all are doing.

Six months is a very long time to be apart from people that you love as much as I love you all here at AG. You will be in my thoughts when I crawl around in the snowy (or possibly just wet) woods of Southern Finland. The thought of this place still being here when I come back will give me extra strength to go through all that lame shit though. So AG better be here when I get back, Marek! No selling it to some dictator of a frikkin banana republic or something, you hear?!!

I wish to thank the following:

Wormsie – My BEST patient ever! He’s weird as hell, but I wouldn’t want him any other way. Plus his pancakes are great (or so he says)!
Trep – My best chocolate truffles/French kissin/fashion/whipped cream advisor ever! And he doesn’t charge anything for it yet.
Gilly – Probably the naughtiest guy around these parts (some others come close though ). And he likes to laugh with hot chowder in his mouth. You gotta love him!
Laura – for being not only a great boss and work partner, but also a good friend. And one hell of a chat partner too. Oh also, goat.
Jack – for being the best boss a man can ask for: patient, friendly and funny, but also firm when needed. And he’s a Canadian who even likes hockey. Imagine that...
Emily – for not spanking moderating panning me too much since you got those great modding powers. Here have a drink! *please spill on shirt, please spill on shirt*

...and everyone else who I have conversed with during these two nice years. You are all awesome.

So not much more to say than awesome obstacle course,
Happy Samorost Day in advance, have fun while I’m gone and I love you Adventure Gamers!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
merely human

PM me your physical mailing address if you want postcards sent to you like I'm doing with guybrush_guy.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Doctor Watson

I will miss you, my blogger in crime. I will print out your picture and every time I feel in trouble I will look at your eyes full of wisdom, and know that... you don't have a clue either. *hugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
Wormsie – My BEST patient ever! He’s weird as hell, but I wouldn’t want him any other way. Plus his pancakes are great (or so he says)!
They are delicious now that I got the hang of it. I haven't tried them with Cosmos though...
Old 01-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Doctor Watson

Oh, I almos forgot: I have a piece of advice for you.

Don't play air guitar, at least not too agressively. I just did and hit my hand on the desk. It really hurts.

Also, my brother said the military is easier than first grade. You don't even have to think, and the food is good. The bad thing is that the mugs are made of metal and they don't feel nice against your teeth.

Last edited by deadworm222; 01-07-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
Curiouser and curiouser

Good luck Mattsius! When you come back you will certainly be the king of awesome obstacle courses (as if you're not already)--or you and GBG can face off against the worst that old tires, a nasty drill sergeant, and a heavy pack can do. You will be very much missed, except, of course, when you are around.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #6

Take care, Mattsius.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #7

What, me naughty? Don't know what you are talking about, Mattsie.

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...0&postcount=38

You have survived the muck, filth, and various threads that have a tendency to precariously go off topic for two years so 6 months of military service should be a breeze. Besides, you will finally be a man when you return to us. We will always keep a light on for you. Can I suggest a group hug?

(((AG-Mattsie)))
Old 01-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #8
Doctor Watson

Old 01-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Besides, you will finally be a man when you return to us.
As if he weren't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
WTF is that?! An egg yolk orgy?!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #10
Hopeful skeptic

Dammit, Mattsius. There I was planning to act all casual about you leaving, and then you go remind me how much I'll miss you around here.

Well, all the best, and here's hoping clanking hard mugs on your teeth is the worst hardship you face. But when you come back, I fully expect you to refer to me as "Sir! Yes, sir!"

Take care, my man.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #11
Mostly absent

Quote:
I will miss you, my blogger in crime. I will print out your picture and every time I feel in trouble I will look at your eyes full of wisdom, and know that... you don't have a clue either. *hugs*
That made me laugh so hard!

And why would I play air guitar in the army anyway (especially since I don't have the skills for it)?

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

(((((grouphug)))))

That whole emoticon hugging is real cute.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #12
merely human

Quote:
It's an egg yolk orgy!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #13
Doctor Watson

Quote:
I wonder if Mattsie can say still things like this once he's a... "man".
Old 01-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Dammit, Mattsius. There I was planning to act all casual about you leaving, and then you go remind me how much I'll miss you around here.

Well, all the best, and here's hoping clanking hard mugs on your teeth is the worst hardship you face. But when you come back, I fully expect you to refer to me as "Sir! Yes, sir!"

Take care, my man.
There, there, it'll be okay. I'll visit you personally from time to time so that you won't miss me too much. Does that sound okay..............ehm.............sir?

EDIT: Don't worry wormsie, no one will be able to screw me up that bad.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #15
Doctor Watson

Quote:
There, there, it'll be okay. I'll visit you personally from time to time so that you don't miss me too much. Does that sound okay..............ehm.............sir?
< dirty mind >

Sorry! Sorry! I think it'll be impossible for me to do my military service. Had I not chickened out, I would have been leaving in a few days, too.

Last edited by deadworm222; 01-07-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #16
Mostly absent

Quote:
< dirty mind >

Sorry! Sorry! I think it'll be impossible for me to do my military service. Had I not chickened out, I would have be leaving in a few days, too.
It's a good thing you chickened out. These forums wouldn't have been able to manage the loss of both of us at the same time.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
Doctor Watson

Quote:
It's a good thing you chickened out. These forums wouldn't have been able to manage the loss of both of us at the same time.
Just when I found my long lost twin brother, we are separated again.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:24 PM   #18
merely human

Quote:
These forums wouldn't have been able to manage the loss of both of us at the same time.
Think so?

Heh heh, just kidding. I love you both, mah leetle bitches.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #19
Under pressure.

Take care, Matts! Those six months will be over before you can read the Koran, trust me

--Erwin
Old 01-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #20
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
WTF is that?! An egg yolk orgy?!
Hey, don't insult my Adventure Developers smilies!

--Erwin