You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you spend your weekends at dance clubs?

View Poll Results: Do you spend your weekends at dance clubs?
Yes, and I'm male (at least biologically). 14 17.95%
Yes, and I'm female (at least biologically). 1 1.28%
No, and I'm male (at least biologically). 46 58.97%
No, and I'm female (at least biologically). 10 12.82%
-Other- 7 8.97%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
Doctor Watson

Default Do you spend your weekends at dance clubs? (Also: Discussion of style)

This thread originates from Idle Thumbs.

EDIT: That "at least biologically" -bit is rather irrelevant, ignore it.

Last edited by deadworm222; 01-05-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
merely human

This poll is the product of wormsie's misunderstanding. See link.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
Doctor Watson

Nope, my dear.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #4

Ok, I read the IT thread and I feel great. Now that I know that I'm not the only male who enjoys putting nail polish on, I feel normal again. I go for the pink ones though not black. I'm not into looking goth.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #5

I'm not much of a socializer, so no. I prefer quiet places over crowded and loud rooms. But I do have an interest in dancing, somewhat.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:43 PM   #6
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Weekends are for gaming. Who needs a life?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
merely human

What?! Tsk, tsk! You just wait until you fall in love, young man.

I haven't gone dancing since forever! There's this awesome spot in the Edgewater neighbourhood of Chicago, called Big Chick's. IMO, among the best place to dance. It's primarily a gay bar, but the past few years have seen an increase in hip heterosexuals coming for its marvelous and inexpensive martinis, everyone's welcome. At midnight Michelle (the owner) gives out free shots to everyone (Apple Puckers, Blowjobs, or whatever her inclinations). Saturday nights are particularly excellent, with dance music ranging from Talking Heads to Kylie Minogue to a little techno to disco to indie, world music, and Kraftwerk....anything the DJ finds. And best of all, the crowd is goodlooking BUT friendly, no attitude. It's an incredible sweet time.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
At midnight Michelle (the owner) gives out free shots to everyone (Apple Puckers, Blowjobs, or whatever her inclinations).
I'm intrigued. What are Blowjobs? How do you make them and more importantly, how do they taste?

Also, if you drink a sip of Blowjob and then spit it into your partner's mouth, does it become Snowball?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Actually go to a place that is filled with smoke so I can die choking? Er. No.

*puts on her Apollo Four Forty and Luxuria albums on a decent volume and entertains herself with the music she likes*
Old 01-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #10
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
I'm intrigued. What are Blowjobs? How do you make them and more importantly, how do they taste?
1/4 oz. Baileys Irish Cream + 1/2 oz. Amaretto

Pour liqueurs into a shot glass and top with whipped cream. Have an individual place their hands behind their back, then; pick-up the filled shot glass with their mouth, tilt head back, and drink.

Quote:
Also, if you drink a sip of Blowjob and then spit it into your partner's mouth, does it become Snowball?
Umm, I will simply dismiss this rather idiosyncratic query to the fact that you're from New Jersey.*

Old 01-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Doctor Watson

Quote:
...dance music ranging from Talking Heads to Kylie Minogue to a little techno to disco to indie, world music, and Kraftwerk....anything the DJ finds.
I can't stand bad music. None. One bad song and my head will implode. Unless the music is so bad (campy) that it's actually good, in which case I will roll on the floor laughing.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Umm, I will simply dismiss this rather idiosyncratic query to the fact that you're from New Jersey.*

Don't know what you are talking about, Trepsie. We only engage in wholesome, family-oriented activities in NJ. I take it you haven't watched Kevin Smith's clerks? That's what NJ is all about.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #13
merely human

You frighten me, dear sir. Almost as much as wormsie does. Almost.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #14
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
I can't stand bad music. None. One bad song and my head will implode. Unless the music is so bad (campy) that it's actually good, in which case I will roll on the floor laughing.
You little hermit, that wouldn't happen if Swordsie and I took you out.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #15
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
1/4 oz. Baileys Irish Cream + 1/2 oz. Amaretto

Pour liqueurs into a shot glass and top with whipped cream. Have an individual place their hands behind their back, then; pick-up the filled shot glass with their mouth, tilt head back, and drink.
Bless you eternally, Trep, I had completely forgotten about these, but they were a staple of my misspent senior year. I can guarantee to female heterosexuals of a certain (young) age that ordering a "blowjob" at a bar and then performing this little routine (combined with appropriate flirtatious behavior and garb) works wonders on the heterosexual human male. (Then again, basically flirting + alcohol works wonders on the heterosexual human male of a certain (young) age.)

I remember doing these at one particularly goofy dance club in Montreal. I love going dancing, and I almost never get to anymore, and it's just not fair. I do dance whenever there is half an excuse to, but I don't go to clubs much--it's not my scene, and quite frankly, I don't feel like dressing the part anymore. But if I'm somewhere where there's music and folks are dancing, I will definitely join in . . . a party at 2am, any place where more than three Spaniards are gathered together, a New Year's eve celebration, a wedding, etc. . . . Dancing is good for you, it's even in the Bible (Jon Lithgow in "Footloose" to the contrary.) Dance, dance, dance!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #16
Doctor Watson

...If one actually can dance. I got my style from Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone, so there you go...
Old 01-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #17
Doctor Watson

Quote:
You little hermit, that wouldn't happen if Swordsie and I took you out.
If Swordsie and you took me out, pigs would fly and in addition to that, there'd be world peace.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #18
merely human

It's a date. And that world peace crap you're just using as an excuse.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #19
Doctor Watson

On the other hand, I think it's worth a try. I mean, if world peace is dependent on such a mundane thing as me going out with an ex fashion designer and a club kid, I think I'd do it and even pay for the drinks (did I tell you I have way too much money?)...
Old 01-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #20
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
...and even pay for the drinks (did I tell you I have way too much money?)...
OH *BLEEP*!! It's definitely a date!!*

* Did I tell you I'm a damn good kisser?

P.S. - Can pinkgothic come, too? We'll put a gas mask on her and leave her at the bar while you, Swordsie, and I work the dance floor.