Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   LCD + GeForce 4: $300 -- Too good to be true? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/607-lcd-geforce-4-%24300-too-good-true.html)

twifkak 10-23-2003 06:53 AM

LCD + GeForce 4: $300 -- Too good to be true?

Heh, I made this subject too descriptive, so no one will click on it. :P

A coworker pointed out this deal (he likes to earn cash on the side by reselling spoofee type things on ebay), and I was wondering what you guys thought. Most curious:
Quote:

# Notes:
# This monitor does NOT have a VGA or other analog input
# This monitor has been "de-branded". The Fujitsu name and logo have been...
# ... removed from the monitor. Where it appeared on the front panel, a small...
# ... sticker is placed over the hole left. This is purely cosmetic and does not..
# ... affect the monitors performance in any way.
Is this a scam, or have you heard of "de-branding" before?

remixor 10-23-2003 11:05 AM

Well, I have to say it sounds a bit sketchy to me due to a bad experience I've had with a similar situation. It could be totally legit, though.

Zygomaticus 10-23-2003 12:19 PM

If you want my opinion, don't buy it.

If you don't want my opinion, deal with him :7

Seriously though, it does look rather shady. The price is okay - not that I'm claiming to know of better prices elsewhere - but just that I've seen ones that aren't too far off. What looks really shady to me is the "covered up name." It just seems like a weird thing to do. :shifty:

zarathustrian 10-23-2003 11:37 PM

Quote:

LCD displays may have cosmetic imperfections that appear as small bright or dark
spots. This is common to all LCD displays used in all products and is not
specific to any one vendoror brand. Below are the acceptable amounts of
"dot defects" for LCD displays that we sell:
15-inch:

Total Defects: 6
Bright or Dark Dots (random): 3
Bright or Dark Dots (2 adjacent): 1
Bright or Dark Dots (3 adjacent): 0
Minimum distance between defects: 15 mm (bright to bright dots; 5 mm (dark to
dark dots)

I doubt LCD manufacturers would normally having this sort of thing on their sites--I'd avoid it like the plague.

twifkak 10-28-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarathustrian
[/size][/font]
I doubt LCD manufacturers would normally having this sort of thing on their sites--I'd avoid it like the plague.

Actually, that part's typical (sadly enough) -- google it or something, 'cause I'm too lazy. (Well, and because the page is incredibly slow and I was in a hurry as it was.)

Kingzjester 10-28-2003 03:50 PM

I hate your thread title.