Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Quick Poll #5: Son of WTF?! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/513-quick-poll-5-son-wtf.html)

twifkak 10-17-2003 11:23 AM

Quick Poll #5: Son of WTF?!

Don't ask me. I just work here.

Kingzjester 10-17-2003 02:39 PM

Should I vote or look for secret - and of course deft - symbolism in this sad, sad poll?

Zygomaticus 10-17-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Should I vote or look for secret - and of course deft - symbolism in this sad, sad poll?

Both, I suppose :shifty:

:D

These things are more appropriately greasy, fried, potatoes.

Taters. *D

Curt 10-17-2003 08:25 PM

OK people, own up - who's hid Twifkaks pills again?

Tamara 10-17-2003 10:42 PM

Chips, fer facks sake, chips. :(

remixor 10-17-2003 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamara
Chips, fer facks sake, chips. :(

Yeah! Conform or die!

jaf 10-17-2003 11:03 PM

Patatas fritas :)

Garyos 10-17-2003 11:32 PM

pommes frittes

Stupid Americans.... :rolleyes:

twifkak 10-18-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyos
pommes frittes

Stupid Americans.... :rolleyes:

Hey, at least we took the time to think up a word for "potato." Stupid French... :rolleyes:

And if you're looking for symbolism in this (which is a really bad idea, IMO), you're going to have better luck if you treat this as a performance piece than as a piece of literature, and if you think of me as a "character," in the context of this performance piece.

But really, whatever thought would have normal gone into a thing like this was instead reserved for thinking up unique "Kill Bill" puns. (There's an oxymoron if ever.)

remixor 10-18-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twifkak
And if you're looking for symbolism in this (which is a really bad idea, IMO), you're going to have better luck if you treat this as a performance piece than as a piece of literature, and if you think of me as a "character," in the context of this performance piece.

Shut up.

twifkak 10-18-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remixor
Shut up.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...es/biggrin.gif

Tamara 10-18-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twifkak
Hey, at least we took the time to think up a word for "potato." Stupid French... :rolleyes:

Actually, no you didn't; the English did :rolleyes: :P

Curt 10-18-2003 10:04 PM

Quote:

Actually, no you didn't; the English did :rolleyes: :P

Thank you, Tamz. Finally, the English get some credit for world cuisine. :P

And chips they are.

feisar 10-19-2003 05:43 AM

Chips :)

French Fries are a range of crisps in the UK by a subsidary of Pepsi (branded as walkers). Although most people go by the addage that Chips are, proper chips, fatter and like what you get down at the local Fish & Chip Shop.. Fries are the thinner, less potato looking varient you get in burger bars..

(btw we invented pies too!! One thing that always annoys in how americans try to steal the origin of the hamburger and hotdog. They are German.. named after the cities hamburg and frankfurt).

DomStLeger 10-19-2003 06:36 AM

I must disgree with that fiesar:

Chips are fat chunks of fried potatoe;
French Fries are thin slivers of fried newspaper.

twifkak 10-19-2003 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feisar
One thing that always annoys in how americans try to steal the origin of the hamburger and hotdog. They are German.. named after the cities hamburg and frankfurt.

Ah.. but we made them what they are! You know, taking away any semblence of olfactory consistency, and replacing the sauerkraut with about 15 different toppings, none of which taste good by themselves, let alone combined. Yeah! God bless America...

emma 10-19-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaf
Patatas fritas :)

*listing to my tummy rumbling*

Zanthia 10-20-2003 01:23 AM

Chips are different in UK and USA.

Tamara 10-20-2003 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt
Thank you, Tamz. Finally, the English get some credit for world cuisine. :P

much as I enjoy taking the piss out of the English, Americans are an easier target :P :D

Curt 10-20-2003 06:44 AM

Quote:

much as I enjoy taking the piss out of the English, Americans are an easier target :P :D

Is that because they have such load mou....................... *walks of whistling innocently*