You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat My Final Farewell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 06:47 AM   #21
Under pressure.

Ah, Kingz. The girl every teenage boy in the forums used to have a crush on. I was around during the early days of the forums, and grew to love them because of people like you, jaf, james & others--people who post very rarely now, probably because of the same reasons you cite. When life happened and I moved on, it was remembering people like you that got me to pop back in once in a while and check how the old crowd is doing. But ever since the forums crashed a couple of times I never signed-up again until now. Makes me sad I never used ICQ or the like & got to participate in those relationships you oldschoolers developed outside the forums. It's good to return & be welcomed back by you guys though, thanks Kingz, I'd love to drop you a line from time to time, see how you're doing in Netherlands etc. if that's alright with you.

--Erwin
Old 08-13-2004, 06:53 AM   #22

Hm, let's see...

Quote:
Being relatively new I never really got to know you much, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts in the various discussions in the time I've been here. I'm sorry to see you leave... I wonder though if me and my heated debates with BJ and Bastich are one of the contributing factors to your leaving. I certainly hope not.

I'm studying in England at the moment but I can kinda still live in Holland and I will definitely be around there for the summer, possibly even for a placement all through next year. It would be cool to meet up with you and all the other AGers sometime.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #23
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

Dissapointing to see you leave....but I wish you best of luck throughout your life...cya!

The number of oldbies just keeps decreasing every now and then...happy to see Trep is still as lively as ever tho
Old 08-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #24
merely human

Probably because Stinger has me doped up and chained near him.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 AM   #25
soffistical

(single smiley for old times sake.)
Old 08-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #26
merely human

Why so sad, emma? Stinger's kinda cute, so I don't mind that much.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #27
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Probably because Stinger has me doped up and chained near him.
Stinger can be so cute... erm, I mean... crap... I should just quote Tams at random...

Seriously though. I am sortof “leaving,” or at least gravitating towards the thumb because one can stand only so many "are adventure games dead?", "My favourite Monkey Island game is <blank>", "Sting0r sucks bollocks", "Kingzstud is so dreamy", "LEC lays off three million people", "best adventure game", "worst adventure game", "Are Myst-like non adventure games games at all?" threads and their cosuins. It looks like everyone has a doppelganger here and they're all revisiting old topics. And of course BacardiJim is toxic even in small doses, even though in another context I am quite partial to both Bacardi and BJs, if you get what I mean, nudge, nudge.

So yeah, if you ever need a dose of Kingzjester, just start one of those "Kingzstud is so dreamy" threads over at idlethumbs.net. I am more likely to see them there than here.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #28
merely human

Bitch.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #29
Liver of Life

Kingz can be a real arse sometimes.

Or perhaps, more appropriate is: Kingz is a real arse.

Oh well.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #30
merely human

But he's so dreamy!!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #31
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Deja vu twice in one thread (or is that deja vu about having deja vu?)

Bye Kingz. Your quoting Tamz twice in the thread is either you taking the piss or you implicitly agreeing with her, right? From your 3rd post it sounds like a bit of both. Whatever it is, sad to see you go, sometimes you could be a real tit but most of the time you were very funny. Have fun at idlethumbs.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #32
Doctor Watson

But it was hilarious to hear Kingz's voice read Tamz's text. Whoey.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #33
Doctor Watson

What the hell? WHat the hell?! WHAT THE HELL, LOVE?! What is up with all this pathos?!

Get your freakin' ass back over here, stud! You can't just LEAVE! Especially not after writing a farewell address this vague. I want reasons, I want names! Who the hell writes farewell addresses for forums anyway?

Aw, ****! I give up! I quit! This is the last ****ing straw! Good bye everyone!

Last edited by deadworm222; 08-13-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:05 PM   #34
merely human

wtf...
Old 08-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #35
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Ok, so now wormie quotes Kingz, this is getting pretty funny

This has turned in to a pretty weird thread
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:57 AM   #36
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Ok, so now wormie quotes Kingz, this is getting pretty funny

This has turned in to a pretty weird thread
Does... this... mean he will go out... and create a doppelganger of his own, following in my footsteps?
Old 08-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #37
merely human

WTF are you still doing here?! I thought we finally got rid of your hot ass?!!
Old 08-14-2004, 03:02 AM   #38
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Does... this... mean he will go out... and create a doppelganger of his own, following in my footsteps?
A spy is following you around? I'm not surprised.

I actually created a doppelganger person. But even I realised how unfunny that was.

(Besides, I didn't have a credible email address to use.)

Last edited by deadworm222; 08-14-2004 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:53 AM   #39
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

Finally.

I'm sure they'll miss you. I'll get my dose at the Thumb.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:12 PM   #40
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Ah, Kingz. The girl every teenage boy in the forums used to have a crush on. I was around during the early days of the forums, and grew to love them because of people like you, jaf, james & others--people who post very rarely now, probably because of the same reasons you cite. When life happened and I moved on, it was remembering people like you that got me to pop back in once in a while and check how the old crowd is doing. But ever since the forums crashed a couple of times I never signed-up again until now. Makes me sad I never used ICQ or the like & got to participate in those relationships you oldschoolers developed outside the forums. It's good to return & be welcomed back by you guys though, thanks Kingz, I'd love to drop you a line from time to time, see how you're doing in Netherlands etc. if that's alright with you.

--Erwin
Hmmm I'd get mad about you using my post, but I'd better not claim it, since it's so cheesy. To bad Wormz beat me copy/pasting Kingzie's pathos post. After my announcement of a 4+ month extended leave I was gonna come back as doppelganger myself. (and still might)
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem