You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Star Wars Ep.III title ANNOUNCED!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #1

Default Star Wars Ep.III title ANNOUNCED!!!

STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH

here's the official announcement

this is really a good title ...

u may comment ...

Last edited by 5abanja; 07-24-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
guybrush_guy

i'm realy looking foward to this movie, the title does sound good and i'm sure it will make just as much money as the other 2. i'm realy interested in seeing how aniken makes his transformation into darh vader

Old 07-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Ok, so the name turned out to be "a little" different than *the birth of empire* as I had previously thought it's name to be.

It'll propably be as crap as Ep I&II, but I guess I got to go see it. It being Star Wars and all...

One thing I wonder a lot, when Ep I came out, me and my friends thought it was crap, but when Ep II came, we rewatched the first episode and then thought that it was a good movie when compared to the second one...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
Club a seal or two

That's just
REVENGE OF THE JEDI
with one word replaced.

edit: huh. the article mentions it too. oh well.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:13 PM   #5

I like that title. Has a nice OT feel to it (probably because it resembles Return Of The Jedi).
Old 07-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
merely human

5abanja, this is a movie, not a game. It belongs in Chit Chat.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-24-2004, 06:11 PM   #7
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaderiffi
I like that title. Has a nice OT feel to it (probably because it resembles Return Of The Jedi).
Yes, it does quite remind me of the Old Testament. Like, "Revenge of the Shulammite."
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 07-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
5abanja, this is a movie, not a game. It belongs in Chit Chat.
thought it cuold be easy in the eye since it is in the main page
Old 07-24-2004, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
Yes, it does quite remind me of the Old Testament. Like, "Revenge of the Shulammite."
ROFL
Old 07-25-2004, 02:45 AM   #10
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Well, I suppose it is better than the titles for the last two movies.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #11
Mostly absent

Better yes, but good no. But all the Star Wars movies have rather cheesy names anyway so whatever.
Looking forward to the movie though.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Go Darkside! Wooooo.

And so on.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:56 AM   #13
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
Better yes, but good no. But all the Star Wars movies have rather cheesy names anyway so whatever.
Looking forward to the movie though.
Well, the original working title for Return of the Jedi was Revenge of the Jedi, so I think they're trying to hearken back to that. I like the title. It's better than Birth of the Empire, which was obvious and just... meh....

Of course, I liked the title of Attack of the Clones too. As a Star Wars nut, I knew the Clone Wars were coming, so I thought, why not? (Although Star Wars Ep. II: Army of Darkness would have rocked. )

I liked AotC as a movie, too. WAY better than TPM. Sure, the romantic innuendo sucked, but the original trilogy had its share of cheesy lines too. You CAN'T tell me that "No! That's not true! That's impossible!" was good dialogue. Besides, it's not possible to live up to the original Han/Leia romance, so the expectations for it were already set too high.

Make of that what you will.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #14
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

http://ending.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rotjdvd.avi

OMFG!

Is Lucas actually this crazy?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #15
Disciplined Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Well, the original working title for Return of the Jedi was Revenge of the Jedi, so I think they're trying to hearken back to that. I like the title. It's better than Birth of the Empire, which was obvious and just... meh....

Actually [geek cap on] they just spread rumours that it ws going to be Revenge of the Jedi to try and stop unapproved products from flooding the market, all the shirts and toys with the wrong name on it were clearly illegal knockoffs released before the film.

At least I think that's how it worked....
Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #16

IMHO, Episode I was quite enjoyable. I believe audience expectations were set too high so the letdown was inevitable.

I recently watched AotC and it really isn't too bad ---- I simply forwarded the next scene whenever those horrid romance scenes came on.

Looking forward to the climactic duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin....
Old 07-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #17
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedicri
IMHO, Episode I was quite enjoyable. I believe audience expectations were set too high so the letdown was inevitable.
I agree with you for the most part. It was a fun movie and there's no way it could have lived up to the hype. But even putting Jar Jar aside, I frankly found Jake Lloyd to be just as annoying.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:29 PM   #18

Thank god it will all be over after this (unless George Lucas decides to make 3 more movies)
Old 07-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #19
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

In my opinion, the overall general plot of the prequels is not that bad. In terms of Star Wars, I would be almost tempted to describe it as "good." The fact that Lucas is an atrocious storyteller and even worse at directing actors, someone who manages to hilight all the boring bits and have even the most dramatic and pivotal moments come across as totally flat is pretty horrible, but his initial structure for how the plot would move is decently sound. If you can separate yourself from how horribly he directed the films, and watch episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 nearly back to back, the overall story is surprisingly tight.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 07-28-2004, 06:09 AM   #20
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChimp
Thank god it will all be over after this (unless George Lucas decides to make 3 more movies)
He's not, as of right now. He said during the creation of Episode 1 that he wouldn't be making 7, 8, and 9.

There's not a whole lot of empty space there for him to work with at this point. No matter what he does, he'll probably be contradicting a lot of the Expanded Universe, which will piss off a ton of fans. (Myself included.)

Although I'd personally like to see another Star Wars trilogy based on one of the series of Expanded Universe novels. Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy would be perfect, but the actors are too old by now to do it. However, they are EXACTLY the right age to make a trilogy based on the New Jedi Order series. I REALLY want to see the Yuuzhan Vong on screen.