You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Star Wars Ep.III title ANNOUNCED!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 05:11 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I can't believe I survived the embarrassing love scenes between Hayden Christensen (Anakin) and Natalie Portman (Padme). It was agonizingly awful, nowhere near holding up a candle to the sexual and emotional tension between Harrison Ford (Han Solo) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia).
But that's mainly because Harrison Ford was a great actor in his youth. Every face he makes is rejoicing, and so the love scenes in which he's involved are enjoyable. Now, let's talk about Mark Hamill...
Old 09-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #42
merely human

Let's not.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-17-2004, 09:34 AM   #43
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
But that's mainly because Harrison Ford was a great actor in his youth. Every face he makes is rejoicing, and so the love scenes in which he's involved are enjoyable. Now, let's talk about Mark Hamill...
now stop...hamill time!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #44
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Natalie Portman was great in "Leon". Lucas just isn't very good at directing actors.
So painfully true.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #45
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

I don't think he even does direct his actors. I remember reading an interview with Carrie Fisher years ago in which she said that Lucas gave her only a single acting direction during the entire filming of Star Wars. She intended it as a positive comment, I believe, but...

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #46
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
So painfully true.
Similarly, Hayden Christiansen was great in "Life As a House," if my sister is to be believed. But then, she owns "Like Mike," so her taste in movies is questionable.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #47
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
Similarly, Hayden Christiansen was great in "Life As a House," if my sister is to be believed. But then, she owns "Like Mike," so her taste in movies is questionable.
Indeed it is.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 PM   #48
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Natalie Portman was great in "Leon". Lucas just isn't very good at directing actors.
But she was very young at the time, and people usually dig kid actors. It's also known that many of them never fulfill their true potential and make that final step to really become a good actor when they get older (best overhyped examples :Tatum O'Neal, Oscar winner for Paper Moon, Linda Blair (Exorcist), Justin Henry (Kramer vs Kramer) ).

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 09-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #49
No justice. Only me.

I think Natalie Portman IS actually a great actor. Watch Garden State, she's incredible.

By the way, Mitja, you forgot two of the most obvious choices: our good friend Macauley Culkin, who was just busted for drug use, and Jonathan Lipnicki, (Jerry Maguire) last seen in Like Mike.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:22 AM   #50
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I think Natalie Portman IS actually a great actor. Watch Garden State, she's incredible.

By the way, Mitja, you forgot two of the most obvious choices: our good friend Macauley Culkin, who was just busted for drug use, and Jonathan Lipnicki, (Jerry Maguire) last seen in Like Mike.
Yes, but I didn't want to mention MAcaulay Culkin. I get a rash when I say that name. Good call on the kid from Jerry Maguire, but I don't think that's fair though. How old is he today? 12? Give him some time... (the same reason I haven't put Haley Joel Osment)

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja