Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Sweden in the World Cup Final (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/367-sweden-world-cup-final.html)

ragnar 10-06-2003 12:10 AM

Sweden in the World Cup Final

Sweden beat Canada and went to the Womens World Cup Final in the game today!

Go Sweden, now it's just Germany left to beat!

Henke 10-06-2003 05:24 AM

The gold is ours!!!! 8-)

ragnar 10-06-2003 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
The gold is ours!!!! 8-)

Not quite yet, but hopefully it will be in a weeks time.

Pappapisshu 10-06-2003 06:30 AM

Yeah! I tried to get up just to see the game, but I fell back to sleep in a minute or two. Supposedly, it wasn't a very good game though. Anyway, wonderful that we're through to the finals!

Now, if we just play like we did against Brazil, then we have a very good chance of gettin' the gold.

hagstrumpa 10-07-2003 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
The gold is ours!!!! 8-)

I am also convinced it is!
Gooo Sweden!

Phil25 10-08-2003 01:19 PM

Don't worry, we Canadians know where you live...

Tamara 10-09-2003 06:02 AM

yeah, well, in Sweden, presumably :rolleyes:

Phil25 10-09-2003 01:24 PM

You don't say.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-09-2003 01:30 PM

Yay!!

[uses Sweden as an excuse to drink a beer]

Curt 10-09-2003 05:22 PM

England in Rugby World Cup ...................... which begins today.......................... in Australia ...................... and there appears to be a complete lack of a Swedish or German team ............................. they must only play womens football or something......................... but the USA is represented ........................... which seems even more weird than the lack of a Swedish or German team..........................

:rolleyes:

Tamara 10-10-2003 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
[uses Sweden as an excuse to drink a beer]

*can't quite imagine trep drinking beer .... *

ragnar 10-10-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt
England in Rugby World Cup ...................... which begins today.......................... in Australia ...................... and there appears to be a complete lack of a Swedish or German team ............................. they must only play womens football or something......................... but the USA is represented ........................... which seems even more weird than the lack of a Swedish or German team..........................

:rolleyes:

Who cares about Rugby anyway?

It just means that we in Sweden and Germany are wise enough to avoid Rugby. :P

ragnar 10-12-2003 05:43 AM

Sweden leads one-nil in half time!

Curt 10-12-2003 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnar
Sweden leads one-nil in half time!

Who cares! Now if they were wearing hotpants........................ :P

bigjko 10-12-2003 06:08 AM

I lost 3 bucks on the Iceland v. Germany soccer game on Saturday. All of us at work placed down bets on how the scores would end, and only one got it right. There was lots of yelling when the referee took away our only goal. And the customers at McDonald's weren't too happy, either, cause they didn't get any service for the next half an hour while we were off beating the only guy who got the scores right.

ragnar 10-12-2003 06:38 AM

Quote:

Who cares! Now if they were wearing hotpants........................ :P

Every sane person cares! :) You're just jealous that England is crap in womens football too. :P

It is 1-1 and extra-time now.

ragnar 10-12-2003 06:48 AM

Blä! Germany won on golden goal. :(

Curt 10-12-2003 08:06 AM

England is crap at most the sports we created - why do you think I like Rugby so much (we're number ONE in the world at that at the moment)? ;)

I just hope we can do ourselves justice for once. :rolleyes:

ragnar 10-12-2003 08:13 AM

Quote:

England is crap at most the sports we created

Plus all sports you didn't create. :D
Quote:

- why do you think I like Rugby so much (we're number ONE in the world at that at the moment)? ;)

Don't worry, the English team will probably deteriorate into a crap nation in rugby too. :P

Curt 10-12-2003 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnar
Plus all sports you didn't create. :D

Don't worry, the English team will probably deteriorate into a crap nation in rugby too. :P

Hey, we create good sports you must admit. ;)

Nah, I have high hopes for the English Rugby team, they're not a bunch of prima donnas like the footballers (you can't be to play rugby - it's not handbags at 10 paces you know) :)