You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #1
Mostly absent

Default UEFA Euro 2004

Today the European championships in football kicks off in Portugal (well, actually the first match has already started).
This will be AGs (un)official UEFA Euro 2004 channel during the coming three weeks. Here you can discuss everything from the teams to what socks the players will use.

The official UEFA Euro 2004 site.

Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #2
peb
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
Today the European championships in football kicks off in Portugal (well, actually the first match has already started).
This will be AGs (un)official UEFA Euro 2004 channel during the coming three weeks. Here you can discuss everything from the teams to what socks the players will use.

The official UEFA Euro 2004 site.

Enjoy!
I'm probably the only American here interested in this. My friend is in Portugal right now for the tournament. I'll just have to follow as best I can with the limited coverage here.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

GO GREECE!!

"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peb
I'm probably the only American here interested in this. My friend is in Portugal right now for the tournament. I'll just have to follow as best I can with the limited coverage here.
No, there's two of us

Edit: BTW, you know you can stream live audio commentary from BBC Sport.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...04/default.stm

Last edited by DustCropper; 06-12-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
Under pressure.

I'm not a big sports fan, and I don't watch a lot of football, but I will certainly watch every Dutch match during the tournament. I can't wait to see Germany lose next tuesday Oh, and France VS England is going to be interesting too. I'll be sure not to miss that one either.

Anyway...

GO NETHERLANDS!

--Erwin
Old 06-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
Umbilicus Mundi

This, besides the World Cup is my favourite sports event in the world! Yay! I'm going to try to watch every match, but I'll probably miss a few.

Greece was a bit surprise for me today, and I hoped Russia would beat Spain, but Spain was clearly better.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I'm not a big sports fan, and I don't watch a lot of football, but I will certainly watch every Dutch match during the tournament. I can't wait to see Germany lose next tuesday
I'm so sorry for you, but Germany is soooooo gonna kick the Dutch's ass! 8-)

Germany is my all time favourite nation in football.

GO GERMANY!

"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 06-12-2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:41 PM   #8
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I'm so sorry for you, but Germany is soooooo gonna kick the Dutch's ass! 8-)
You are not correct!

Old 06-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #9
The Reggienator

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIDANNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

The greatest game so far!

Old 06-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I know its unnatural for a spaniard, but I LOATHE soccer, football, or whatever you want to call it....
So....
GO GODZILLA!

DESTROY ALL STADIUMS!
Seriously Spain is OBSESSED with soccer! We have several newspapers that are dedicated to football.... And they sell more than the normal newspapers...
Old 06-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #11

VANN NISTELROOY!!!!!! KICK GODZILLA'S ASS!! wooo wooo woooo
Old 06-13-2004, 01:10 PM   #12
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I know its unnatural for a spaniard, but I LOATHE soccer, football, or whatever you want to call it....
So....
GO GODZILLA!

DESTROY ALL STADIUMS!
Seriously Spain is OBSESSED with soccer! We have several newspapers that are dedicated to football.... And they sell more than the normal newspapers...
You should just go with the flow, celebrate the victories with all the people who are in the streets celebrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
VANN NISTELROOY!!!!!! KICK GODZILLA'S ASS!! wooo wooo woooo
Tuesday Germany will kick Van Nistelrooy's ass.

Last edited by Kolzig; 06-13-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #13

Nope sorry Kolzig I'm with Erkki on this one or err.. heh
Old 06-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
Umbilicus Mundi

Wow! The England-France game's end was totally unexpected and amazing, although actually I kind of subconciously did expect something like that.

Part of me also feels sorry for England though. They had a chance to secure theire lead, but Beckham failed to realise the penalty shot.

Old 06-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #15
Under pressure.

I wonder how long Beckham's popularity in England will last... :eek:

--Erwin
Old 06-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #16
Evil Incarnate

Quote:
Part of me also feels sorry for England though. They had a chance to secure theire lead, but Beckham failed to realise the penalty shot.
Yeah, but Beckham should not take the blame for this one. What about Gerrard? He is the obvious person to blame, if any. Beckham missed a penalty... so what? Shit happens. Gerrard passes to Henry with only James left to beat... Not supposed to happen in a game of this magnitude...

Last edited by Melkor; 06-14-2004 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:48 AM   #17
pain is love

David James is soooo guilty for the first one. Did you guys see wher he was standing? And Gerrard is a total dumb-ass.
I'm still in mourning, we f****n' couldn't beat Switzerland. maaan...
The only chance now is to beat England, and we have a few million of Scotland's proud supporting us in Portugal (hehe)

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 06-14-2004, 06:10 AM   #18
Mostly absent

GO FINLAND!!!

Wait, we didn't qualify (again)!

I'm also sorry for England. I was totally hoping they would win, but it wasn't the first time they screwed up in an important game.
As for the Netherlands vs. Germany battle, isn't it obvious that Holland will win?
My guess is that Netherlands and the Czech Republic will continue from Group D, but it very much depends on if the big egos in Netherlands team will be able to play together as a team. Here's hoping.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #19
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor
Yeah, but Beckham should not take the blame for this one. What about Gerrard? He is the obvious person to blame, if any. Beckham missed a penalty... so what? Shit happens. Gerrard passes to Henry with only James left to beat... Not supposed to happen in a game of this magnitude...
Yeah, Beckham isn't the one to blame, I mean he "put" England in 1-0 lead, and then shot a great penalty shot, which was saved marvelously by Barthez.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #20
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Beck's is still uber popular over here, even though he doesn't even play for an english team anymore - ROFL

As for England losing, it is a shame, I hope they still qualify. A lot of peeps think they will, but seriously, we're talking about England here!!

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!