You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What is your Name (F.B) ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Advie.1

Default What is your Name (F.B) ?

it would be nice to add some of AG members here on FB ..
for giving/taking (maybe) the chance to become friends on that social application , for sharing somethings ,statues and get introduced... as AG only offers the chance not to chat only posts about Adventures only (which is totally great) but we can get use of F.B sharing features without ruining AG rules and theme ,also there is good space to interact with AG's Page their

http://www.facebook.com/M.I.G.O.ShebL
that is my account link as a start....

P.S:who doesn't like this idea and would suggest anything off !i already had heard enough since joined AG ,so please keep whatever is that to yourself, or just avoid it.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 04-22-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Advie.1

http://www.lazydog-games.co.uk/blog/...-games-p1.html

check this article...Poated Yesterday,
it was written by Karsten Vermeulen,
member of the AdventureGamers FaceBook Page .

Great one ,Liked it Much really

Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
Lazy Bee

I'm not on F.B.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #4
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I'm not on F.B.
^ This.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #5
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
^ This.
...is too bad

Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
Psychonaut

Hi! My name is... (what?) My name is... (who?)
My name is... [scratches] Slim Shady
Hi! My name is... (huh?) My name is... (what?)
My name is... [scratches] Slim Shady
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
My name is... [scratches]
I'm sure there's medicine for that.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
The Quiet One

I have a facebook account, but I hardly ever use it. In fact I'm thinking of closing it...

I have started using Twitter a lot though...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Life and times of...

Guess we're not a social bunch here Me not on FB either.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #10

Same here..Not on FB.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Advie.1

i dont know how much you guys know about Facebook but i can tell it was the the 1st flame that started our 25th/ Jan revolution to take down the 30 years dictator H.Mobaruk , as also it was the only venue that wasnt or could not had been (at that time) under the surveillance of the Egyptian authority and the previous ruling system's Guard Dogs...
as the case with all the other communication tools ...

it is very powerful tool afterall anyways ,if all i what i wrote above would seem off topic

Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
Guess we're not a social bunch here Me not on FB either.
I've never been all that good at maintaining contact with old friends, so I just let the missus handle all things Facebook. Besides, I have a reputation amongst my friends for having stated that "Facebook is for sissies" at multiple occasions, so I now have to maintain that reputation...

If Tom Waes (a Belgian TV presenter) hadn't already appeared on TV with a T-shirt that said "No, I'm NOT on f#!%ing Facebook!", I certainly would've bought one when on vacation last summer...

I'm more of a "send me a mail" kind of guy, and since I leave a pretty big online trace, it's not difficult at all to find (one of) my personal mail address(es) using the Google...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
i dont know how much you guys know about Facebook but i can tell it was the the 1st flame that started our 25th/ Jan revolution to take down the 30 years dictator H.Mobaruk , as also it was the only venue that wasnt or could not had been (at that time) under the surveillance of the Egyptian authority and the previous ruling system's Guard Dogs...
as the case with all the other communication tools ...

it is very powerful tool afterall anyways ,if all i what i wrote above would seem off topic
I agree that it's a useful tool, and I'm glad that it was one of the people's main weapon in the Arab Spring.

I just live in a country where Facebook is mostly used to annoy others with every little aspect of your life. That's what the forums are for, imo...
Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #14

I'm not on F.B.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I agree that it's a useful tool, and I'm glad that it was one of the people's main weapon in the Arab Spring.

I just live in a country where Facebook is mostly used to annoy others with every little aspect of your life. That's what the forums are for, imo...
Yeah, it's very different here than it is in countries with official censorship... And yes, here it is really about pointless stuff that has the risk of biting you in your behind some time in the future (like, you say something about someone/something and then your (current or future) employer googles you, finds that there and decides you are unwanted - has happened a lot).

And I don't like how Facebook, Google and the likes are becoming nameless superpowers who have incredible amounts of information on you (much more than governments), with no guarantee about how they use this information.

Global network biopower...

That's why I don't use any Google services except their search engines (and even that creeps me out) and part of why I will not log in to Facebook unless I absolutely must (which certainly I hope I will never have to)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
Failed Birthday Elf

Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
It's Hard To Be Humble

I'm on Facebook, and very nearly every other social media network you can think of. I used to be very reluctant about adding new people, but these days, I'm pretty much an open book, because of all the self-promotion stuff I've been foisting upon my poor friends and family.

Lee on FB
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
Easily amused

I'm not on facebook now. I used to have an account, but have long since deleted it. That was in itself a difficult thing to do. Took 2 weeks.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet View Post
I'm not on facebook now. I used to have an account, but have long since deleted it. That was in itself a difficult thing to do. Took 2 weeks.
you can not delete tour facebook account whatever you yo did , the best thing you can is to deactivate it ... i am positive!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
you can not delete tour facebook account whatever you yo did , the best thing you can is to deactivate it ... i am positive!
You can permently delete it:
http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=224562897555674