Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Only one game at the Time ?! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/30653-only-one-game-time.html)

Adventurere No.1 03-16-2012 05:32 AM

Only one game at the Time ?!

I got this thing with Adventures , i can not by any chance play two or (of course) more at the same time.. but i noticed that many members here saying things(posted) Like Playing this and this and that!! .
i have tried it many times but i always end up dumbing the old one(1st) for the newly(2nd) started ...

so i have learned to push myself into finishing the one i am currently playing and then i could start a new one ,
though sometimes i beg for a change but i know how it will end up, anyways.
does anyone here have the same thingy or is it just me?

Harleyhog 03-16-2012 08:30 AM

I will play two games at the same time providing they are totally different ie: one is first person and the other third.

Recent pairings have been
1:Alter ego with outcry
2: Dracula path of the Dragon with dark fall lights out
3:Syberia 1+2 with dark fall lost souls
4: Still life 1+2 with Rhiannon curse of the four branches

I am currently playing Nibiru with Dear Esther, I think the reason I do this is if I get totally frustrated with one game instead of blitzing the walk through and finishing the game I play the other.
This worked very well with Still life two the ending of which drove me up the bloody wall, Rhiannon on the other hand was a very laid back game with a great ending.

TimovieMan 03-16-2012 08:40 AM

I often play several games at once, but they're all different.

Normally I'm playing one PC adventure game, one PC non-adventure game and one DS game. If I'm playing a fourth game, then it's because I'm participating in a community playthrough here (like I did with Discworld Noir).

But to be honest, when I was playing L.A. Noire, I considered that a non-adventure (with all the shooting and car chases).

Currently I'm listing "three games at once", but actually it's only two. I made sure to finish Monkey Island 2 before I started going crazy for Mass Effect 3, and I'm putting off Curse of Monkey Island till after Mass Effect 3. But that's because it's Mass Effect 3. Other games wouldn't get such prioritized treatment...

And when the DS games "run out", it'll be a game less too. I'm currently on my last one...

Note to self: must buy Another Code, Time Hollow, Again and Jake Hunter Detective Story.

Jelena 03-16-2012 09:29 AM

The only time I start a second game is when I need to put the first one on hold. It has happened when I get tired of a game, when it doesn't intrigue me any more. Often I find the enthusiasm again after having had it on hold for weeks or months. So even though I might have two games going on at the same time, I only play one actively.

Hammerite 03-16-2012 02:50 PM

I never play more than one game at a time. I don't really play games enough these days to ever really end up doing so.

Also, it would really annoy me for some reason and I'd never end up completing anything.

Adventurere No.1 03-17-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 603935)
I never play more than one game at a time. I don't really play games enough these days to ever really end up doing so.

AHHHaaaH , sounds relieving !

Hammerite 03-17-2012 06:54 AM

At this moment, in time, I haven't really got the chance to play any games... :frown:

ACADEEEMIAAA

millenia 03-17-2012 08:44 PM

Well there are games you never really finish in a first place, like Sims. Or then you finish a scenario or level but there's always more to play like Civilization. There are MMOs and single player RPGs...

But yeah, I don't like to play many adventures at the same time. I might have one unfinished on DS or Xbox while I play something else on PC. But usually if I start another while something is not finished, I end up forgetting too much of the first one and it either stays unfinished or I pick it up again from the beginning a bit later.

Fantasysci5 03-17-2012 09:03 PM

haha The Sims. I'll have two adult sims fall in love, marry, have three children, and by the time the children have reached college-age, I'm bored and quit playing. :P

Hammerite 03-18-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 604045)
haha The Sims. I'll have two adult sims locked in a room without a door, have three children in a swimming pool without a ladder, and by the time the children have reached college-age, I'm bored and set the house on fire. :P

Fixed. ;)