You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat TV-Show Sound uh...Show

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #61
an angel of romance

10 is
Spoiler:
House M.D.

I also recognise 5 but I'm not sure maybe
Spoiler:
Bones?
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #62
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
I love the most recent film btw. Very true to the spirit of Tintin imo.
I agree that it was very true to the spirit, but I was disappointed by the overabundance of senseless action sequences. Especially "chasing an eagle through a Moroccan town on a motorcycle with sidecar that's slowly falling apart while a broken dam is causing a flood behind you"...
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
10 is
Spoiler:
House M.D.
Yup! It's the original end credits theme from season 2 onwards. I'm generally not really into network shows nowadays (Fringe and BBT being exceptions) but House is just way too enjoyable. Was sad to learn season 8 will be the final season

Quote:
I also recognise 5 but I'm not sure maybe
Spoiler:
Bones?
Nope. It's a very different series. The theme you hear is the main theme that can be heard over the intro titles. It's quite a well known series I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I agree that it was very true to the spirit, but I was disappointed by the overabundance of senseless action sequences. Especially "chasing an eagle through a Moroccan town on a motorcycle with sidecar that's slowly falling apart while a broken dam is causing a flood behind you"...
I agree there was a bit too much action in it but the idea was to make something that also appealed to modern audiences. Still I think they could've done a lot worse. Really looking forward to the sequal not in the least cause it will be scripted by none other than Anthony Horowitz!

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-10-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #64

Hmm, apparently no one else is interested at the moment so I'm calling round 2

Again you each have two guesses
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #65
Stalker of Britain

Not that I'm not interested, I just don't know any of the others.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #66
Life and times of...

Well, #5 of course
Spoiler:
Alias

I was sure I missed all the easy ones

(Edit): Damn you!! I was going to use #9 if I ever got the chance!
Spoiler:
Wycliffe

(Edit2): #10 - easy too I wish I had caught round 1! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and I'm sure everyone has already gotten them...
Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Not that I'm not interested, I just don't know any of the others.
Actually there's one maong them which is from a show I'm almost 100% certain you've at least occationally seen. You just don't realize it's from that series.(it's not the main theme)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Well, #5 of course
Spoiler:
Alias

I was sure I missed all the easy ones
That's correct! Compared to most modern day shows in the genre it's not all that great and quite ridiculous in fact. But at the time I just loved the whole universe and ever expanding mythology which has become a trademark for JJ Abrams shows.

Quote:
(Edit): Damn you!! I was going to use #9 if I ever got the chance!
Spoiler:
Wycliffe
That's right! The fact that you know that one makes me wanna add you to my list of people who rock! You also get an extra point for guessing an obscure series without any hints. It was the first adult oriented series I ever saw and the series that started my love for crime drama. I wouldn't call it one of the greatest crime drama series of all time but when I saw it (I was like 8 or 9 years old) it just blew my mind.

Quote:
(Edit2): #10 - easy too I wish I had caught round 1! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and I'm sure everyone has already gotten them...
I doubt it. There are a few really obscure themes that I don't think anyone will guess without a few hints. Then again that's what I thought of Wycliffe as well and look how that turned out.

(00.00) 1. The Big Bang Theory (TimovieMan
(00.22) 2.
(01.23) 3.
(02.21) 4.
(02.51) 5. Alias (UPtimist)
(03.15) 6.
(03.45) 7. The Adventures of Tintin (TimovieMan)
(04.46) 8.
(05.40) 9. Wycliffe (UPtimist)
(06.13) 10. House M.D. (SweetDalilah)
(06.42) 11.
(07.13) 12.

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-10-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #68

Since no one else tried to guess anything I'm calling round 3

Time for some hints I think

2. Childrens tv series
3. Crime drama series
4. Crime drama series
6. Sci Fi series
8. Miniseries
11. Crime drama series
12. Medical Sci Fi series

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #69

Is anyone still interested in this game or do you guys and gals need more hints?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #70
Life and times of...

Ha! I know another one! Thanks to your hints It's #2, a show they did show here when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it much...
Spoiler:
Johnny Quest

There's something slightly familiar about #3, but I think it probably reminds me of something else...

(Edit): Heh, another hint saved me, an intro I saw once - #8:
Spoiler:
John Adams

Quote:
I doubt it. There are a few really obscure themes that I don't think anyone will guess without a few hints. Then again that's what I thought of Wycliffe as well and look how that turned out.
Sometimes a small show gets relatively much showing abroad It's not a huge show here either, but they've showed it a couple times, and the theme is so good I have the full song on my computer

Last edited by UPtimist; 03-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #71
Filmfreak

I'm still interested, but I don't know any other theme songs, so even with hints, I'll have to Google & YouTube 'em...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #72
Life and times of...

Well, I can admit that after the hints I still had to confirm through Youtube.

And I think that if no one has an idea, it's quite fine indeed to Youtube/Google them
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #73

Quote:
Ha! I know another one! Thanks to your hints It's #2, a show they did show here when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it much...
Spoiler:
Johnny Quest
Technically it's The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. It was a reboot of the 80s series Jonny Quest but then again when I was a kid I just called it Jonny Quest. The rest of the title probably escaped me plus my English wasn't really all that great at that age. I'd just managed to read subtitles in Dutch. English was a whole other matter. Anyway I love this show. It was my favorite show when I was a kid. I recently watched it again. It wasn't just great back then it really is an awesome series and definitely not outdated. Though the quality did drop considerably after season 1 so it's probably for the best it was cancelled after two seasons.

Quote:
There's something slightly familiar about #3, but I think it probably reminds me of something else...
I do think so yes. #3 is very obscure. It's a scandinavian crime drama series and the theme I posted was only the main theme for the first two episodes.

Quote:
(Edit): Heh, another hint saved me, an intro I saw once - #8:
Spoiler:
John Adams
That's correct! It's my favorite miniseries. The quality of the writing and acting is just astonishing. As well as the production design and well just about everything else. I highly encourage you to watch it. If only to see Stannis before he was Stannis.

Quote:
I think that if no one has an idea, it's quite fine indeed to Youtube/Google them
Absolutely. And in some cases that might be needed such as with #3(probably). I'd much rather have someone find it through google than me having to just tell you what it was.

(00.00) 1. The Big Bang Theory (TimovieMan)
(00.22) 2. The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (UPtimist)
(01.23) 3.
(02.21) 4.
(03.15) 6.
(04.46) 8. John Adams (UPtimist)
(06.42) 11.
(07.13) 12.

More hints

3. Scandinavian crime drama series. Though not very well known they did release the complete series on DVD internationally.
4. Anerican crime drama series. Very serious and very dark, especially for a network show. Probably why they cancelled it after just one season
6. Very long running extremely popular British sci fi series. (that oughta got some bells tinkling)
11. Long running British crime drama series
12. Canadian medical sci fi series. Had a very realistic approach. Was a big hit in Canada and has been aired in quite a few countries though not very widely known.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #74
Life and times of...

Quote:
Technically it's The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.
Ah, well thanks for accepting the answer nevertheless
Old 03-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #75

Quote:
Ah, well thanks for accepting the answer nevertheless
Sure like I said when I was a kid I called it Jonny Quest as well.

Here's the intro to the original 60s series. Never saw it. In fact I didn't know it existed untill recently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kg_tzQvf4

Her's the intro to the 80 series. Also never saw this version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48kM29lrYY

And here's the (really awesome) intro to the 90s series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Q7nKNVPwc

Some difference huh?

Now let's get back to guessing some more themes. Given the latest round of hints #6 should be extremely easy.

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-13-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #76
Psychonaut

Quote:
More hints

3. Scandinavian crime drama series. Though not very well known they did release the complete series on DVD internationally.
4. Anerican crime drama series. Very serious and very dark, especially for a network show. Probably why they cancelled it after just one season
6. Very long running extremely popular British sci fi series. (that oughta got some bells tinkling)
11. Long running British crime drama series
12. Canadian medical sci fi series. Had a very realistic approach. Was a big hit in Canada and has been aired in quite a few countries though not very widely known.
3. The Killing ??
12. ReGenesis ??
Old 03-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
3. The Killing ??
Nope, much less renowned. It's a Swedish series

Quote:
12. ReGenesis ??
Bingo! I saw this show like three years back and was immediately hooked. I really liked how they constantly kept the methods and procedures realistic even if the cases sometimes weren't. And I think the idea of one case beginning before the previous has ended and that cases can take any number of episodes was quite original and kept things fresh. Plus the characters were great no small thanks to the great acting. Especially by Peter Outerbridge. I love David Sandström! He's such a jerk! But again as is often the case the show went downhill after it's second season when almost half the cast was replaced. Still those first two seasons were awesome! And it's got one of the best opening title sequences I've seen.

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF-L7TaQR4A

Btw: I'm still baffled no one's gotten #6 so far. Keep in mind that any theme from a tv show will do. Not just the main theme. Now how many long running extremely popular British sci fi shows do you know?

(01.23) 3.
(02.21) 4.
(03.15) 6.
(06.42) 11.
(07.13) 12. ReGenesis (Lucien21)

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #78
Psychonaut

6. Dr Who
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
6. Dr Who
Finally! Yes! It's The Elenventh Doctor's theme from Doctor Who. It can occasionally be heared in promos and is sometimes played somewhere during an episode. Usually whan the doctor is about to act or acts.

Here's such an occurance(it starts at 2.27):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCCMg-rcCQk

(01.23) 3.
(02.21) 4.
(03.15) 6. Dcotor Who (Lucien21)
(06.42) 11.
(07.13) 12. ReGenesis (Lucien21)

Only three to go. Some more hints are in order

3. It's got a feamle lead
4. It's got something in common with Alias and something with Firefly
11. C'mon it was a very popular series that ran for quite a while. Judging by the title(thoug appropriately named) you might think it's a horror series.

Last edited by gray pierce; 03-14-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: oops, sorry wrong scene
Old 03-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #80
Life and times of...

I had a very strong suspicion that it would be Dr Who, but considering that I've never seen the show, and a general lack of time, I figured I'd let someone else have a go

Haven't the slightest idea about the rest of them. Probably shows I've never seen here...