You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat AG Meet - Hastings - Saturday 26 May

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #121
Lazy Bee

Tsa and I are planning (we just haven't started properly yet) to come up with some kind of quiz/game that we can entertain ourselves with at dinner.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #122
Lazy Bee

It's getting closer to the AG get-together!

I'm looking into the time tables for the trains in order to book train tickets.
I'm thinking about Sunday. How many of you guys who are attending the get-together will be around in Hastings during Sunday? I know Step have other duties for Sunday: the bell ringing. (Which, if it's possible we can listen in to and even might get to see the clock tower! How cool is that!)

I have booked a late flight back home in order to get as much as possible out of my weekend in England. So I plan on sticking around for Sunday as well. I'm thinking about leaving in the afternoon around 8 pm.
Since I'm a sucker for coastal areas I'm happy just walking along the beach, gazing at the horizon and breathing the fresh air. But hopefully there will be stores and perhaps some gallery or museum open.

EDIT: Correction. I'll be leaving around 5 pm.

Last edited by Jelena; 04-09-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Good thing to have glasses on while reading time tables
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #123
Stalker of Britain

I'll probably be spending the weekend in Hastings.

Then, it's off to Polperro and Saxton! <3
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #124
Freeware Co-ordinator

I shall clear tower tours with the Tower Captain this evening, but I can't foresee there being a problem. Ringing is 9:45 to 10:30 so touring will probably be after that.

I am also well on the way to adding the puzzling element to the Hastings Old Town tour. What could this picture mean? You'll have to come to the Meet to find out.

Spoiler:
Or wait until the after-Meet report I suppose, but where is the fun in that?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #125
Tea & Cookie Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
It's getting closer to the AG get-together!

I'm looking into the time tables for the trains in order to book train tickets.
I'm thinking about Sunday. How many of you guys who are attending the get-together will be around in Hastings during Sunday? I know Step have other duties for Sunday: the bell ringing. (Which, if it's possible we can listen in to and even might get to see the clock tower! How cool is that!)
I will be around for the whole Sunday. Won´t fly home until late Monday! Was maybe thinking about London for the Sunday, but still I´m only thinking...
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #126
Freeware Co-ordinator

Correction. I ring from 9:30 to 10:15 on Sundays. You'd think I'd remember that after doing it every week for years.

Cold Topic

Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #127
tsa
Playing character

You may have noticed that I haven't been around on the forums much in the past month or so. Very unlike tsa, but unfortunately I have been very ill and I am still in the hospital. I still have a long way to go, and I am quite sure I can't make it to Hastings this time. I'm very sad because I looked forward to it so much! So let's hope a miracle happens and I recover quickly and totally and then can enjoy the get together with you good people!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #128
Failed Birthday Elf

Sorry to hear that tsa, here's hoping you make a speedy recovery in time for end of May.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #129
Stalker of Britain

Ohh, tsa. *hugs*
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #130
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I still have a long way to go, and I am quite sure I can't make it to Hastings this time. I'm very sad because I looked forward to it so much!
Ouch tsa! Now I'm sad too.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #131
Freeware Co-ordinator

Very sorry to hear that tsa. Sending good thoughts in your direction in the hope of you getting better in time. If not, I promise to run the tour for you specially if you decide to come over on some other date. (It would be a lot easier for you to win the puzzling part on a day when only you were taking part)

Cold Topic

Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #132
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Johannes and I won't be able to stay in Hastings on Sunday. Since we are dependant on my sister Alexandra for transportation (Boy, are those train tickets expensive. ), we will be leaving for her home after the meeting. But we'll be in London until Monday.

I'm holding my thumbs, tsa. I'm also going to ask my bunny Lucky to send some of his Metusabunny-groove over to you through Klaas and Annabelle. That groove not only leads to a long life, but also to health. I can't remember him ever having been ill in his entire life.

So yeah, keeping my thumbs crossed.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #133
Tea & Cookie Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Johannes and I won't be able to stay in Hastings on Sunday. Since we are dependant on my sister Alexandra for transportation (Boy, are those train tickets expensive. ), we will be leaving for her home after the meeting. But we'll be in London until Monday.
Maybe we can hang out in London together? If I decide to go there...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #134
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Very sorry to hear that tsa. Sending good thoughts in your direction in the hope of you getting better in time. If not, I promise to run the tour for you specially if you decide to come over on some other date. (It would be a lot easier for you to win the puzzling part on a day when only you were taking part)
That would be cool! I'd love to see you and Mrs. Urhan again (although I've never seen Mrs. Urhan before). But still I'd rather see you all there of course. I keep my fingers crossed for the miracle! Some very positive signs have already manifested themselves.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #135
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
That would be cool! I'd love to see you and Mrs. Urhan again (although I've never seen Mrs. Urhan before). But still I'd rather see you all there of course. I keep my fingers crossed for the miracle! Some very positive signs have already manifested themselves.
I've met Mrs Urhan! She's very nice!
I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed (yes, very difficult typing that way) that you'll be able to come tsa!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #136
Stalker of Britain

Tsa-I'll be somewhere in England from May 21st-June 5th, if you feel better after the get-together or something. *shrug*
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #137
Freeware Co-ordinator

Only just over a month now folks. Is this list still accurate for attendees?

Definitely coming:

Jelena
Stepurhan
Mrs Urhan
Jazz
Alex
Johannes
Fantasie
Louiesci5 (he is taking your surname, right? )
LostQuixote
Majsan
Intense Degree
Mrs. Degree
The Third Degree

There in spirit and due tons of pictures from the day and a special bespoke tour whenever he wants one
tsa

I will be off work on both the Friday and the Tuesday. I'm also free on the Sunday apart from my ringing obligations in the morning. Tower tours are approved for those that wish to see bellringing in action. Anyone who is coming that hasn't got my number and needs it, drop me a PM and I'll pass it on.

Apart from meeting in the town centre at 10:30 am on the day (ish. I'll aim to be there from 10 and we'll wait for everyone to arrive. There are a few cafes at that area if wet), I think it is probably best to fine tune the details on the day dependent on weather. I have both indoor and outdoor possibilities on the route of my planned walking tour.

Anyone that needs advice on parking or any other aspects of making it to the meet location, drop me a line and I'll be happy to serve.

Now we just need to work on Hammerite and RLacey and the like. Come on guys, you know you want to come really.

Cold Topic

Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #138
Failed Birthday Elf

Hey guys, due to family illness it might be that Mrs Degree and the Third Degree won't be able to be there. We shall have to see how it pans out as Mrs Degree may need to be with her parents to help care for her dad. However as they live not a million miles from Hastings we might be able to sort something out.

Unfortunately for the rest of you I will almost definitely still be coming regardless!

As for Hammer-right, Robert Cornelius McLacey and others thinking about it, do it! We want to see you there!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #139
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
There in spirit and due tons of pictures from the day and a special bespoke tour whenever he wants one
tsa
I feel terrible for not being able to come . I still wish for a miracle.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #140
Freeware Co-ordinator

We also feel terrible for you not being able to come and wish for a miracle.

Cold Topic