You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2005, 01:04 AM   #81
Super Moderator

It feels very melancholy to me right now (what is with SamNMax's post? It's making me sad). It's 2:06 am, Prince of Darkness is on the Sci Fi channel and I should be in bed, but I can't sleep. I'll get tired eventually.

Wormsie - your new avatar is cute but I do miss Spaghetti Monster cuz we know he created the world!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:45 AM   #82
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I'm excited for going to a Sufjan Stevens concert tonight! Now all I have to do is get my head together after a long night last night and do a little homework. BUT I FEEL SO WOOZY! Have a good day you guys.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #83
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Woot!

Excellent day today, me and my new team travelled about 150km to a small Finnish place called Parkano to play some floorball training matches.
I had a shutout game! We won 4-0 and also won another game and the third one was a tie, 3-3.

I love this game.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #84
capsized.

Neighbour brought me two packs of cigarettes when he came back from shopping today. I'm eating some kind of bean hotpot. Exciting times, indeed.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #85
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Ye Saintly Bovines! Only a few years ago I sounded like such a bitchy teenager knowitall with a sandy vagina. What a startling difference four years makes.

So anyhoo, dear dead diary, I came here initially to read Jazhara7's comments on my misinformed German hoping to fix my erroneous ways in the new version of RISE & FALL of HERZOG the VILE. And looking through my post history for the, "AGS YOU SHOULD READ HERZOG NOW AND HENCEFORTH" thread I stumbled upon this one and had to comment.

Anyhoo, dear dead diary, re: Herzog, there is not much to say, but Dr. Cadaverous and I started rewriting Herzog a few weeks ago rather rabidly and eagerly as a more in-depth illustrated fairytale as opposed to a comic book. Upon the initial sprucing-up of the comic, we realized that the story we wanted to tell was becoming a little more complex and the lighthearted slapstick with not much room for text wasn't cutting it.

So so so anyhoo anyhoo anyhoo, Jazhara7--HALP, about that German phrase, it should be "Stiege zu den Menschenreichen", right? I want to say "Staircase to the Human Kingdoms" and make it seem kindof archaic, and would rather it was in actual rather than sloppy German. Thanks!

How's the old guard here doin' anyway?

Last edited by Kingzjester; 05-08-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: ... elaboration
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #86

Hey, Kingz. I'm still around, as are a few others. Doing pretty good. By day I'm working at Arkane Studios in Lyon (tho temporarily off-site helping out another company), by night working on finishing up my short film, meanwhile pondering some indie games projects...

Lyon's a great city: wonderful atmosphere with its architecture from Renaissance and Romans alike, delicious food and mostly pretty excellent weather. That said I should probably get out of town a little more often and use some vacation days to see the country.

Finally got some shelves into my new apartment and unpacked my books. Need to find some time to actually read them though. Last fiction I finished was the final Harry Potter. I'm working through a translation of the Iliad but man that stuff does not read smoothly, like a tortoise wading through molasses; with great effort he takes each step, pondering the next... thusly it reads.

I mean literally, it has sentences like that.

I like the Greek stories, but Homer's writing-style: not a fan... Before anyone accuses me of being an illiterate plebeian, my view is that high literature is no excuse for bad writing. There are many great books that read beautifully as there are ones that do not, yet the story is good enough that you keep reading anyway. With Homer I'm finding it hard to stay motivated through pages of metaphorical tangents and genealogy.

Last edited by Ninja Dodo; 05-09-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:57 AM   #87
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester View Post

So so so anyhoo anyhoo anyhoo, Jazhara7--HALP, about that German phrase, it should be "Stiege zu den Menschenreichen", right? I want to say "Staircase to the Human Kingdoms" and make it seem kindof archaic, and would rather it was in actual rather than sloppy German. Thanks!

How's the old guard here doin' anyway?

Yup, "Stiege zu den Menschenreichen" is correct. I got out our trusty "Dictionary of Word Origins", to see if there's some previous versions, but "Stiege" is the oldest they list. It's still used in Austria, and often describes a narrow, steep wooden staircase, but can be used in general, too.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #88
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Horj! And thanks again!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #89
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Eh, I like the AG Community Blog better.

Trep hasn't changed a bit, though.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #90
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Eh, I like the AG Community Blog better.

Trep hasn't changed a bit, though.
You haven't noticed the absense of his Nanay?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #91
Unreliable Narrator

Well, that's a change in his living situation, not a change in his personality. Therefore, it doesn't count.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #92
It's Hard To Be Humble

Trep's been through a few changes in his housemates, but he's still fundamentally the same guy, though perhaps calmer.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #93
merely human

It's not so much that I have or haven't changed, but that certain parts of my character are more at the forefront these days than other parts. I'm still the spouting, irascible curmudgeon I always was (and it's nothing to apologize for; do you see Andy Rooney or Gore Vidal apologizing?). I'm still pissed off by the collective mind numbing stagnancy of the adventure game genre, for example. Hmmph.

What I am interested in, however, is if Kingz is still the same ol' toothy fanged junkyard dog he was several years ago.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #94
It's Hard To Be Humble

Yeah, me too (to all of the above).
Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #95
Unreliable Narrator

Except you're cuter.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #96
merely human

Are you flirting with him? Girl, he's out of your league. LOL!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #97
It's Hard To Be Humble

Actually, I think it's more like she's way out of mine. I'm flattered.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #98
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'm still Hammykins.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #99
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Are you flirting with him? Girl, he's out of your league. LOL!
It's okay. We're friends. He understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Actually, I think it's more like she's way out of mine. I'm flattered.
Is that why you never IM me anymore?

If that's true, then I'm screwed, because that means I'm high on a mighty pedestal and therefore completely unapproachable. And that's bad for me because I'm shy to begin with, and I suspect that makes people think I'm a snob. I guess it's just easier to think I'm unattractive.

In either case, the flattery is mutual.

Last edited by Squinky; 05-15-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #100
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
If that's true, then I'm screwed, because that means I'm high on a mighty pedestal and therefore completely unapproachable. And that's bad for me because I'm shy to begin with, and I suspect that makes people think I'm a snob.
No you're not. You merely wish it, which is typical for someone who may not want to deal with the social outside of his or her room and away from the computer. I suggest actually getting out and talking to people in real life. For every Lee you socialize with online there are many actual people out there with whom you could truly improve your social skills, thus making you less shy and better able to be a good friend in real life.

Quote:
I guess it's just easier to think I'm unattractive.
It's also a lazy excuse to use to not work on getting to know people offline. You have extraordinary qualities, Squink. It would be a profound waste if all you did with them was lock them up in a room with a PC. Since you don't live that far from Lee, you should PHYSICALLY go and see him and hang out with him.