Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   unemployed and looking for a job? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/28492-unemployed-looking-job.html)

YesIAmNot 02-01-2011 04:45 PM

unemployed and looking for a job?

:pan:

welcome and introduce yourself. also talk a little bit about your work history and how you got your start, your work history or if you haven't worked for more than 6 months in your life.

tsa 02-02-2011 01:20 PM

And why should we do that on an adventure game forum?

YesIAmNot 02-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 571091)

You don't have to be precise. if you've worked at burger king for 6 months u can say 'i worked at mcdonalds for 5 months.', replace walmart for target, pizza hut for dominos. stuff like that. most people over 25 have careers / have finished college / grad / professional. i'm not interested in that. tell us, at your severest convenience, how you got at where you're at, how it all begain :D

kuze 02-02-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YesIAmNot (Post 571108)
You don't have to be precise. if you've worked at burger king for 6 months u can say 'i worked at mcdonalds for 5 months.', replace walmart for target, pizza hut for dominos. stuff like that. most people over 25 have careers / have finished college / grad / professional. i'm not interested in that. tell us, at your severest convenience, how you got at where you're at, how it all begain :D

You didn't exactly answer tsa's question.

Nafsika 02-03-2011 05:17 AM

censorship meh

UPtimist 02-03-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 571091)

Well, it is the chit chat section, so you can talk about anything. We are also trying to kill a thread in the adventure forum, as well as talking about cars, photography, general goings-on etc. Of course, one can ponder the motivations behind the thread, but if one is interested in discussing this then I don't see it as any more strange to talk about this than any other thing in the Chit Chat :)

tsa 02-03-2011 09:59 AM

I found the question so weirdly formulated that I thought we had to do with a spammer. And YesIamNot doesn't give a reason for his interest, which I also find a bit strange. Hence my question why we should answer him.

Squinky 02-03-2011 12:06 PM

I get paid to be awesome. Because... yeah.

tsa 02-03-2011 12:37 PM

For me it all started with being born. That was a terrible experience I will never remember.

UPtimist 02-04-2011 10:07 AM

I don't know, maybe with a little hypnotism, the right substances and a lot of suggestion :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 571143)
I found the question so weirdly formulated that I thought we had to do with a spammer. And YesIamNot doesn't give a reason for his interest, which I also find a bit strange. Hence my question why we should answer him.

Yes, this I can agree with :)

Sotha 03-04-2011 03:40 AM

Hey, I'm unemployed and looking for a job!

rlpw 03-04-2011 06:09 PM

Hey I am in a job and just unemployed someone and am in the process of unemploying someone else.

Marte 03-05-2011 06:25 AM

Hi, I haven't been working for 3 1/2 years. I suck.

stepurhan 03-07-2011 01:31 AM

Well here's a lovely job title for anyone in South-East England.

DustyShinigami 03-07-2011 05:50 AM

That'd be no use for me even if I was living in South-East England. :D "Enthusiastic"? Hmm... It depends what for. "Outgoing"? Nope. Eep!

But yes, unfortunately, I'm unemployed. I have been since last September. I have great difficulty in actually getting jobs. Nine times out of ten I never hear back from the employer or get to the interview stage. Then I always fail it because of some stupid little thing - tests mainly. :frown:

Huz 03-09-2011 12:42 PM

Hah! That ad for an Enthusiastic Person is brilliant! Love the description - "applicant will be required to provide cover on reception and in our decontamination area". What is this, Black Mesa? Sadly, the name of the prospective employer is provided, and does spoil the mystery a bit. :(

I've been away from work visiting a customer for the past couple of days. Yesterday, on the first day of the visit, I logged into my email to see an 'IMPORTANT' ten-minute meeting for the whole department scheduled by our divisional director, shortly followed by an email apologising for the redundancies they'd just dished out.

So I'm hoping I won't find myself unemployed and looking for a new job when I go back in tomorrow!

Fantasysci5 03-10-2011 10:43 AM

I have a job right now-a dream job, really. I get paid to sit at the dorm front desk and play around on the internet. the only downside sometimes is working horrible hours like 4-8am. :crazy:

But unfortunately, and some of you will call me crazy, I'm giving up my job so I can move off campus next year with my fiance. We can't keep the job if we live off campus, and I want to keep it, but it's time for me to move out on my 'own', etc.