You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #1

Default Dream Bank...

I want to try and start a dream bank in case anyone’s interested. I think it would be very interesting to read about other peoples’ dreams, also it would be great to be able look back at this topic in the future and see some of the things I have dreamt of, that I would have forgotten otherwise.

I dream very vividly often and I also have very weird dreams often. Last night was particularly strange for me, not due to the dreams I had, but because I've only manage to sleep for three hours. I woke up after dreaming a couple of times and I couldn’t get back to sleep, I think this is due to the crap I eat last night however.

Well anyways, check these dreams out from last night. They followed on from each and other, I didn’t wake up at any point...

Dream number 1 - Okay I dreamt of having a conversation with my dad at the house I grew up in, the house he currently lives. It was basically me telling him that my CD player (In reality I don't own a CD player, I have a PS3 and a laptop) would not reach it's loudest or it may of been that it was too loud, something similar anyways. Now I was reading the instructional manual in front of him because of some reason that was relevant to my dilemma. This instructional manual though, wow, I don't know what country it was made in and how it was meant to have been published in England but on every page it had a picture of a pretty hot woman (though for some reason in the dream, I believed the image was from the 80s) and every proceeding page showed the woman taking the next step in slowly taking off the top section of her clothes. Now this got even weirder, the thoughts running through my head at the time was something like, "I would think more normally if my dad wasn't here. Why does my day have to be in front of me?! I will just look through these and pretend to be uninterested, yeah that sounds like a good plan!” I looked through the manual uninterestedly as the woman continued to get more and more naked, till she got fully nude from the midsection up, got in a couple of... poses, and then that dream ended.

Number 2 – Who watches The Big Bang Theory? If you don’t you won’t have a clue who any of the characters I am about to mention are, but my dream went a little something like this anyways... I dreamt of Sheldon with a teddy beside him, in his living room (I think he was even in his “spot”), he was getting ready to play on a games console when suddenly Leonard appeared. Leonard objected to Sheldon playing with it for some reasons, Sheldon replied in a pleading tone by reminding him that he had been looking forward to the game’s launch for ages, that it’s just come out and he has yet to play it. Sheldon told him that it is his teddy’s birthday today and asked him if he wanted his teddy to be sad, implying that would be an effect from not allowing him to play it. Leonard said “No”, to which Sheldon replied, “Well go right this essay on teddies then!” Leonard agreed to go away and do it, right away.

Now this part of dream number 2 seemed to have nothing to do with the events that I have just described, though it happened right after it. Inside Sheldon’s apartment a knock is heard at the door, Leonard goes to answer it and sees that it’s an old woman. She tells Leonard that she used to live across the hall and for some reason, Leonard says he thinks the woman is like an older version of Penny. The camera then turns right a bit more and we see Sheldon standing up looking at the pair but then also we see an old man sitting comfortable on an arm chair. He hears what Leonard and the woman had said and says “Ahhh, that girl, what memories!” My opinion of this while I was dreaming was that he was referring to the old woman who lived across the hall and frankly speaking, that he was on about sex.

I know! Don’t call Freud’s ghost, I don’t want more messed up stuff in my head than I already have! Lol

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-24-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: "who lived across the street" changed to "who lived across the hall"
Old 12-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #2

I so wish I never did this. I slept for a couple hours earlier because I never had much sleep but this meant I missed my appointment to get my hair cut (my hairs ridiculously untidy at the minute ), missed my opportunity to get a new razor blade (going to have to shave with an old one now, anybody want to play guess the number of nicks? ), missed a Christmas get together with a large selection of my mates and I am now worried about not being able to sleep at a decent time tonight, I mean, it's Christmas tomorrow . Looks like I will be on the alcohol tonight to make sure that doesn't happen.

Anyhow, I had more dreams while I was asleep, parts of these are really vivid, though some parts are not and I am sure I have forgotten quite a bit. Each numbered section describes event that seemed connected with each other, events that seemed to be from the same dream timeline. If I have left a gap in the text it means I am about to describe something that seemed to happen at a later point in the dream timeline. What I remember went something like this though.

1. I remember seeing a girl I used to know and she had a very rock band sort of a haircut, in reality though, this something that she would never have. She was physically fighting with this big male and she was doing well. End.

I then dreamt of the male from earlier approaching me whilst I was somewhere and he wanted to fight. I thought to myself that I would win without any problems and started swinging, it seemed like I was going to win without any problems when all of a sudden this guy I used to know appeared and started fighting him instead, this guy I used to know had no problems in making him look like a rag doll but weirdly, while he was doing this he was screaming "Murder! Murder! Is that what you did?!" The way he did this was like he knew the guy and like he was disgusted and ashamed. The other guy then admitted he had killed, like he was ashamed. End.

2. I saw a youngish looking teenage boy and we said hello to each other. I knew him from somewhere (in the dream world) and we proceeded to walk together. We walked into a caged maze like area which was used by pedestrians to get to where they wanted to go. I suddenly however stabbed three fat males with a knife, one of them seemed like he was going to die, the other two were in much pain. This caused everyone to start screaming and run away and I told the two males to go to the hospital and to this they said thank you. I then wanted to run away myself, I started to run but I came across a big building and I wanted to destroy it for some reason. Now I think I remember a woman speaking to me through an ear piece telling me I could of destroyed it in a particular way, if I had done something. I then imagined the way it would have been destroyed, which involved doing something to cause the sides of the building to rock in till it collapsed. I could not do this however as I had not done this "something" and I decided I couldn’t destroy it. End.

I then saw myself in a different location, I was inside a friend’s bedroom whilst he was not in and I had broken in. I was looking for something when all of the sudden he came home. I stealthily made my way to an open window so I could exit the place, whilst doing this I could hear him on the phone, from the sound of it he was speaking to someone who was warning him that I wanted to break in. He was saying that I wouldn't do that however. I got to the window and climbed to the outside ledge, I then dreamt of my friend for a second or two, who told the person on the phone that he had just heard me. I manoeuvred myself down the building using any type of handhold/foothold that I could, this was very "Spiderman-y". I got to the ground when all of the sudden I was surrounded by the police, someone who knew me came up to me as well and told the police to go easy on me because I am not aware of what I had done. The police then told me that I should stop thinking about finishing that videogame/film or something, because I was going to be locked up for the rest of my life. End.

Yep, quite messed up indeed...

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-24-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: I explained a couple of points better.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Banned User

I don't know how much of it is true,maybe not at all. But yea ok cool. Just mixed thoughts in your brain nothing else.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #4

Well none of if it is "true", flipping heck I don't want to kill people or destroy big buildings.

There are many explanations as to why we dream, though I'm not quite sure what I think.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Banned User

I meant if you actually dreamt them.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #6

Oh. No, I definitely dreamed everything I described.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Citizen of Bizarro World

I had 2 dreams tonight.

1st, I was about to get it on with a girl I intensely dislike in RL, on the couch in the living room, which has a direct view of the apartment's supposedly locked door. Then we were interrupted by family members walking into the apartment. When they left, I realized that the locking mechanism doesn't work, but that there's a new thing on the door I had never seen before, with which it can be bolted. Then we moved to the bedroom, and then I guess it turned out that the whole scene was a preview for a TV show that was gonna be on later, and I had to watch other stuff before it would come on, but the dream ended before it did.

Secondly, I dreamt I was in a bar ordering a drink, and a check someone had written me for a 100 pounds (yes, pounds?!) fell out of my wallet. I noticed but didn't pick it up right away, instead I kept looking for cash. As I was rummaging, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone swipe the check. So I ran after him down several street blocks until he went into the metro, and I was intercepted by his mother, I guess, pleading with me to let him go, 'cause he's broke. I refused, and asked her for her son's name, so I could call the police on him. End.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #8
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
I had 2 dreams tonight.

1st, I was about to get it on with a girl I intensely dislike in RL, on the couch in the living room, which has a direct view of the apartment's supposedly locked door. Then we were interrupted by family members walking into the apartment. When they left, I realized that the locking mechanism doesn't work, but that there's a new thing on the door I had never seen before, with which it can be bolted. Then we moved to the bedroom, and then I guess it turned out that the whole scene was a preview for a TV show that was gonna be on later, and I had to watch other stuff before it would come on, but the dream ended before it did.
Subconsciously this means that you REALLY like that girl, but are guilty about people finding out, but secretly want to broadcast your feelings for all to see.

Quote:
Secondly, I dreamt I was in a bar ordering a drink, and a check someone had written me for a 100 pounds (yes, pounds?!) fell out of my wallet. I noticed but didn't pick it up right away, instead I kept looking for cash. As I was rummaging, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone swipe the check. So I ran after him down several street blocks until he went into the metro, and I was intercepted by his mother, I guess, pleading with me to let him go, 'cause he's broke. I refused, and asked her for her son's name, so I could call the police on him. End.
this one is probably your fear of not getting back something you loaned to a friend or family member.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
Citizen of Bizarro World

Good thoughts. I really am carrying a check around, maybe the second one is rather anxiety about needing to finally put it somewhere safe (bank). Of course, my dream self doesn't stop to consider things like "no-one else could use it".

Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Citizen of Bizarro World

Ok, obviously under the influence of a marathon viewing of nerdy "Spaced" - series 1, yesterday, I dreamed that Jack from Lost had been the captain of Voyager, that I served on it as well, and that he became some crappy street vendor back on Earth, and I was convincing him to come on a mission back in the Delta quadrant (which, coincidentally, was with new tech only 2 hours away). I also went to starfleet command to ask them to authorize it, complete with suggested uniform designs based on the shape of an attack vessel that had been instrumental in a previous slave-rescue mission, and I thought would come in handy again. With me, the entire time, was a dog who I also thought would prove instrumental. Once I had the go from everybody, the dream ended.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
Lazy Bee

I dreamed that my husband repained and decorated the exterior of my boss's (spelling?) house in the most peculiar way. And I managed to convince my boss it actually looked good.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #12
Freeware Co-ordinator

Define "most peculiar way". I'm intrigued.

I rarely remember dreams clearly but will see about posting if I do. If anyone would like traditional Victorian style dream interpretation, I do own a Dictionary of Dreams though (basic interpretation only. It covers what it means if you dream of particular things)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #13
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post

I rarely remember dreams clearly but will see about posting if I do. If anyone would like traditional Victorian style dream interpretation, I do own a Dictionary of Dreams though (basic interpretation only. It covers what it means if you dream of particular things)
What is a "Victorian style" dream interpretation ?

I mostly dream about dead people, or people that apper to be dead in my dreams and they ask for help. I had an old lady talk to me one time that wanted me to sit with her and look at a her photo album.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #14
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Well parts of the house was pained like a child's painting with trees and flowers and a sun up in the corner of one wall. And then there were panelling that looked like real trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I mostly dream about dead people, or people that apper to be dead in my dreams and they ask for help.
Ooh, that's spooky!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Yes, please go into more detail on what you mean by Victorian style dream interpretation, it sounds very interesting. I may very well take you up on your offer at some point.

If I want to look up my dreams in some sort of dream interpretation guide I ether use a book I have called The Giant Book of Dreams by Gustavus Hindman Miller (you can also find a website that uses the interpretations from it here http://www.paranormality.com/dream_dictionary.shtml), or I use the website http://www.dreammoods.com/.

Quote:
I mostly dream about dead people, or people that apper to be dead in my dreams and they ask for help. I had an old lady talk to me one time that wanted me to sit with her and look at a her photo album.
Yeah, that’s pretty disturbing but interesting. It’ll probably make me feel uneasy for half of the following day quite often though.

Now like I said Its very rare that I don’t dream, so I have had many more dreams since the last time I have posted, but like I also said, they are often very weird and I don’t want to share the weird ones too often (I don’t want anybody to start worrying about me lol). I was going to post one of the dreams I had last night however but I have waiting too long and I can no longer remember it in great detail. Yeah, I’ll keep this in mind in future.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #16
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
What is a "Victorian style" dream interpretation ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Dan_91_07 View Post
Yes, please go into more detail on what you mean by Victorian style dream interpretation, it sounds very interesting. I may very well take you up on your offer at some point.
It was more to do with the age of my reference work (which is actually 1909 so slightly post Victoria)

Quote:
If I want to look up my dreams in some sort of dream interpretation guide I ether use a book I have called The Giant Book of Dreams by Gustavus Hindman Miller
It would appear mine is a copy of this as it turns out (though mine bears the original title of "Dictionary of Dreams") Basiically it lists various elements you might have in your dreams and what they will mean. Many entries have sub-sections where an element appearing in different ways means different things (hair is quite an extensive entry)

Cold Topic

Old 12-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #17
Citizen of Bizarro World

Interesting. As a kid I dreamed my mom's hair got stuck in a car door as she was getting out, and then the car drove off, leaving her bald. Anything about that?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
Freeware Co-ordinator

For a woman to dream of losing her hair with baldness apparent means that she will have to earn her own livelihood as fortune has passed her by.

Cold Topic

Old 12-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Banned User

I don't really believe in this kind of interpretation of dreams