You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Gamers needed for online questionnaire!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #1

Default Gamers needed for online questionnaire!

Hi!

I know you probably get appeals like this all the time but I'm a PhD student at Goldsmiths, University of London, looking at the benefits of gaming and have an online questionnaire to plug...! It should take about 25-30 minutes and everyone who completes it gets entered into a prize draw for £100!

It's looking at personality, behaviour and game use and I need as many gamers as possible! I’m really keen to dispel the idea that gaming is unhealthy or detrimental and it would be great to get the gaming community involved in the research that proves this wrong.

All your answers will be kept confidential and although at the end it asks for an e-mail address, this is just so we can contact you about the prize draw and it won't be stored with your answers. It's also optional so if you don't feel happy leaving your e-mail address, you don't have to!

Just follow this link:
http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/The_Team_Tomas/128b/

Thanks to anyone who takes part! Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or suggestions..!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
tsa
Playing character

What strange questions. What do they have to do with gaming?

Last edited by tsa; 10-16-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling disaster.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Life and times of...

Very interesting. I have a feeling this is the kind of research we need more in gaming. You know, to clear the air about facts and fiction about the effects etc. of gaming.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
What strange questions. What do they have to do with gaming?
They're probably trying to see if how much you game affects how violent you are, etc.

Very interesting, and I took it.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #5

Yeah I know some of the questions seem a bit weird, sorry about that! Some aren't to do with gaming at all as I'm looking at personality and other behaviours that might be related to gaming.

I definitely agree with UPtimist, so much research on games has been focused on aggression and the supposed negative consequences...I can't tell you how annoyed it makes me reading it! Everyone always seems to ignore the positives, which is something I'm hoping to change...!

Thanks loads for taking a look! I really appreciate it
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
tsa
Playing character

I did the questionnaire. What a lot of questions!