You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Second Adventure Gamers' get-together!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Second Adventure Gamers' get-together!

Because the last get-together in Amsterdam was a smashing succes, Luna and I decided to organize another get-together this year. We are thinking about Gouda this time, and again we are aiming for a date around Easter, which is on 24 and 25 April, 2011. Gouda is a beautiful old Dutch city, famous for its candles and cheese. If you would like to join, please let us know by posting here!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

As long as it's not on or around Pentecost, I am going to try everything to attend. ^^ Because on and around Pentecost is the WGT.

And darn, that means we won't be able to visit the Amsterdam Dungeon this time. Oh well.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
tsa
Playing character

What is the WGT?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
What is the WGT?
The Wave Gotik Treffen, or "Wave Gothik Meeting", of course. *THE* Gothic festival. It's takes place over nearly a week, always on Pentecost. It's in Leipzig, and there's locations all over town. I've been there twice, and it was awesome.

Video with Impressions

Official Website

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
The Wave Gotik Treffen, or "Wave Gothik Meeting", of course. *THE* Gothic festival. It's takes place over nearly a week, always on Pentecost. It's in Leipzig, and there's locations all over town. I've been there twice, and it was awesome.

Video with Impressions

Official Website

-
Ha, that's pretty cool. I love goth chicks.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Lazy Bee

I'm not sure I can make it during Easter since we've more or less promised my parents to visit them. We won't be able to meet them for Christmas this year and my mum is really disappointed since we were abroad last Christmas and didn't go see them for Easter either due to the get together.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
tsa
Playing character

Ow, that's painful. We need you there for the gezelligheid! But this is why we started planning early. Everything is still open: date, location... About location, Luna and me were also thinking about Rotterdam. There is more to do there. I will look up some links for you all later. Or maybe Luna can do that?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
Life and times of...

You and your Netherlands... There's other places in the world too, you know!

Not serious, of course

Anyways, nooo idea if I could make it or not, probably not, but I'll scout around. In any case I think that money will be the final issue. Or the lack thereof (well, not really the lack but the spending one's last pennies on it but anyways).

I'll do my best though, and I like that it's really becoming something, instead of just that one time (plus, eh... that American girl's wedding-to-be... what's her name... oh yeah, Fantsy) and maybe an attempt a much longer time away.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
Stalker of Britain

*grumbles* I wish I could come, but not only would I have school then, but I still wouldn't have the money. lol And Up-you're invited to my wedding...even though you can't remember my name!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

For the annual Mysterium gatherings held in North America, there is usually a volunteer who receives e-mailed photos of Myst fans from around the world who can't attend but would like to be there "in spirit". The volunteer prints all of the photos and makes a binder of the "2D attendees" and brings it to the upcoming gathering.

I just thought I'd offer that as a suggestion for all those who'd like to attend this get-together but can't for whatever reason. (I'd nominate tsa for the extra-special duty as "Guardian of the 2D Attendees", but I'm afraid he might have a little too much fun by drawing additional horns on my photo! )
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
tsa
Playing character

That's a nice idea. I can do that. And then we make a group photo of the fleshy attendants together with the 2D attendants .
Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #12
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
For the annual Mysterium gatherings held in North America, there is usually a volunteer who receives e-mailed photos of Myst fans from around the world who can't attend but would like to be there
That's a great idea! And man, I wish I could go to a Mysterium and see other fans. Because I'm seriously the only one I know in 'real life'. *wanders off to see when the next one is and wishes to be there*
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
Pixiehunter

2D-attendants sounds like a good idea. I wonder how many more 2D- than 3D-attendants we end up with

I'll try to look up some things on Rotterdam later this evening, if I don't forget it
Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
tsa
Playing character

Hey Luna, are you going to post some info about Rotterdam still? That might increase the interest in our get-together a bit. Replies to our invitation have been luke-warm so far, to say the least.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #15
Freeware Co-ordinator

I'd love to in principal, but I'm currently doing intermittent freelance work so cash could be an issue.

You could always come to the UK instead.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
Stalker of Britain

Yes, yes, YES!!!! Go to England!!! Heck, I would scounger up the money to go there!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
Freeware Co-ordinator

If you want to hear my lovely British accent, you just have to watch my video (preferably routed through a professional mixing desk so you can hear me properly)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
You could always come to the UK instead.
Mr J, I and our best friends are actually planning on visiting Cornwall: Polperro, Looe and surroundings next spring. I've been wanting to go there ever since I played The Lost Crown. And Mr J and friends weren't difficult to persuade since we all love coastal areas.
It's possible to go by train from London all the way down to Penzance and then we're hoping there are buses to take us where we want to go. Driving would be an issue because of the left-hand traffic.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, perhaps it would be wise to plan the next get-together in another country. England would be a good choice imo.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #19
Stalker of Britain

Jelena! I would so tag along to Polperro with you.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
tsa
Playing character

I'm OK with England if I'm healthy enough and have the time to spare. But then someone else has to organize it.