Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Second Adventure Gamers' get-together! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/27895-second-adventure-gamers-get-together.html)

tsa 10-05-2010 01:52 PM

Second Adventure Gamers' get-together!

Because the last get-together in Amsterdam was a smashing succes, Luna and I decided to organize another get-together this year. We are thinking about Gouda this time, and again we are aiming for a date around Easter, which is on 24 and 25 April, 2011. Gouda is a beautiful old Dutch city, famous for its candles and cheese. If you would like to join, please let us know by posting here!

Jazhara7 10-05-2010 07:55 PM

As long as it's not on or around Pentecost, I am going to try everything to attend. ^^ Because on and around Pentecost is the WGT.

And darn, that means we won't be able to visit the Amsterdam Dungeon this time. Oh well.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 10-05-2010 10:13 PM

What is the WGT?

Jazhara7 10-06-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 560995)
What is the WGT?

The Wave Gotik Treffen, or "Wave Gothik Meeting", of course. *THE* Gothic festival. It's takes place over nearly a week, always on Pentecost. It's in Leipzig, and there's locations all over town. I've been there twice, and it was awesome. :)

Video with Impressions

Official Website

DustyShinigami 10-06-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 561002)
The Wave Gotik Treffen, or "Wave Gothik Meeting", of course. *THE* Gothic festival. It's takes place over nearly a week, always on Pentecost. It's in Leipzig, and there's locations all over town. I've been there twice, and it was awesome. :)

Video with Impressions

Official Website

Ha, that's pretty cool. I love goth chicks. :)

Jelena 10-06-2010 07:13 AM

I'm not sure I can make it during Easter since we've more or less promised my parents to visit them. We won't be able to meet them for Christmas this year and my mum is really disappointed since we were abroad last Christmas and didn't go see them for Easter either due to the get together.

tsa 10-06-2010 07:34 AM

Ow, that's painful. We need you there for the gezelligheid! But this is why we started planning early. Everything is still open: date, location... About location, Luna and me were also thinking about Rotterdam. There is more to do there. I will look up some links for you all later. Or maybe Luna can do that? http://serve.mysmiley.net/rolleye/rolleye0013.gif

UPtimist 10-06-2010 08:57 AM

You and your Netherlands... There's other places in the world too, you know! :shifty:

Not serious, of course :P

Anyways, nooo idea if I could make it or not, probably not, but I'll scout around. In any case I think that money will be the final issue. Or the lack thereof (well, not really the lack but the spending one's last pennies on it but anyways).

I'll do my best though, and I like that it's really becoming something, instead of just that one time (plus, eh... that American girl's wedding-to-be... what's her name... oh yeah, Fantsy) and maybe an attempt a much longer time away.

Fantasysci5 10-06-2010 11:13 AM

*grumbles* I wish I could come, but not only would I have school then, but I still wouldn't have the money. lol And Up-you're invited to my wedding...even though you can't remember my name! ;)

Trunkyo 10-06-2010 06:44 PM

For the annual Mysterium gatherings held in North America, there is usually a volunteer who receives e-mailed photos of Myst fans from around the world who can't attend but would like to be there "in spirit". The volunteer prints all of the photos and makes a binder of the "2D attendees" and brings it to the upcoming gathering. :D

I just thought I'd offer that as a suggestion for all those who'd like to attend this get-together but can't for whatever reason. (I'd nominate tsa for the extra-special duty as "Guardian of the 2D Attendees", but I'm afraid he might have a little too much fun by drawing additional horns on my photo! :devil:)

tsa 10-06-2010 08:41 PM

That's a nice idea. I can do that. And then we make a group photo of the fleshy attendants together with the 2D attendants :).

Fantasysci5 10-07-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunkyo (Post 561058)
For the annual Mysterium gatherings held in North America, there is usually a volunteer who receives e-mailed photos of Myst fans from around the world who can't attend but would like to be there

That's a great idea! And man, I wish I could go to a Mysterium and see other fans. Because I'm seriously the only one I know in 'real life'. :P *wanders off to see when the next one is and wishes to be there*

Luna Sevithiainen 10-07-2010 10:17 AM

2D-attendants sounds like a good idea. I wonder how many more 2D- than 3D-attendants we end up with :P

I'll try to look up some things on Rotterdam later this evening, if I don't forget it :P

tsa 10-19-2010 02:50 PM

Hey Luna, are you going to post some info about Rotterdam still? That might increase the interest in our get-together a bit. Replies to our invitation have been luke-warm so far, to say the least.

stepurhan 10-21-2010 09:43 AM

I'd love to in principal, but I'm currently doing intermittent freelance work so cash could be an issue.

You could always come to the UK instead. :D

Fantasysci5 10-21-2010 09:47 AM

Yes, yes, YES!!!! :9~ Go to England!!! Heck, I would scounger up the money to go there! ;)

stepurhan 10-21-2010 10:00 AM

If you want to hear my lovely British accent, you just have to watch my video (preferably routed through a professional mixing desk so you can hear me properly)

Jelena 10-21-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 561911)
You could always come to the UK instead. :D

Mr J, I and our best friends are actually planning on visiting Cornwall: Polperro, Looe and surroundings next spring. I've been wanting to go there ever since I played The Lost Crown. And Mr J and friends weren't difficult to persuade since we all love coastal areas.
It's possible to go by train from London all the way down to Penzance and then we're hoping there are buses to take us where we want to go. Driving would be an issue because of the left-hand traffic.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, perhaps it would be wise to plan the next get-together in another country. England would be a good choice imo.

Fantasysci5 10-21-2010 11:47 AM

Jelena! I would so tag along to Polperro with you. :P

tsa 10-21-2010 12:34 PM

I'm OK with England if I'm healthy enough and have the time to spare. But then someone else has to organize it.