You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Support another Ben Jordan movie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

Default Support another Ben Jordan movie

After the successful creation of a no-budget movie based on Grundislav's popular games (starring himself with cameos from Chris Jones, Erin Robinson & Misja van Laatum) and the kind words from such sites as AG (see here) we have decided to write and film another sequel, this time in Italy and along the river Thames (UK).

If you're interested in seeing where the next story will go and what happens, please visit our funding page to help make it happen, only 20 days or so left at time of writing this. You can get a thanks in the credits, producer credit & USB edition of both films. I'm open to other wants/needs if it means this thing can be shot!

http://www.indiegogo.com/ben-jordan-2

This will feature many of the original cast and all new cast tackling a strange new monster. If it goes ahead we have the kind help of various people to make some decent effects and really push the boat out this time.

You can watch the original here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I51OTQVn0NE
or see the gag reel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdsPqZVAtA

The quality point and click adventure games can of course be played here: http://www.grundislavgames.com ...
and with the final installment just around the corner, it's a good time to get the best BJ possible.

But it can only happen if you make a small donation to the budget. Understandably a lot of people felt the quality of the original was low, or just have no interest in BJ games or the film. But if you might like to see how we progress the film trilogy, please pick a perk

I'm open to questions or suggestions if it might help you decide to donate or not. I know the cast and crew are waiting on me to make it happen, but I can't without your help really.

The goal is $250 minimum, though the site says $500. So if you've a few spare dollars, don't be shy. This is for the adventure game community, not just AGS or BJ fans

Many thanks

Mark L

director.

Last edited by m0ds; 07-12-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added links
Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

Well I can't deny liking the first one (what with you linking to an article where I say that ) so I shall almost certainly put some funding in. I'll have to have a bit of a think about what level to go for though.

Good luck and I hope you get all the funds you need.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Psychonaut

Everyone likes a good BJ movie.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #4

Ha, yes, apologies - this one may cost you more than your usual annual subscription

We gained our first online producer credit today so the movie is in probably happening mode at the moment. Secured some land to burn some real set on and have plenty of sequel moments planned for Italy and Ben.

Thanks about the article stephuran, it was great to find! I'm glad some sense of tie-in worked for you. The sequel will be a little more far-out but your article is definitely in there as a way of progressing the best bits. So thanks!

Francisco (creator of BJ) is keen to shoot the sequel as am I. You'll meet the AGS society like never before In this edition BJ has to deal with a sacrificial cult whilst his new aquaintances in England tackle some strange river dwelling creature that keeps eating fishermen. As I've told the crew I want to make something bigger and better until we get that BJ hollywood deal! Mobile phones and laptops play a more prominent role as technology fails due to ash clouds. And, spoiler, the chateau catches up with him ;o All in a days work for your favourite BJ.

Contribution or not, movie or not, I appreciate the article - thanks again. Quite a rare thing and nice

Here's a gift if you really enjoyed the original! Any contributions will be refunded (bar paypal/indiegogo fee) if it doesn't work out, but like I said - it's closer However, the clock is ticking.

Thanks again!

je suis fromage
Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #5

Just a brief reminder, just over one week to help fund this project which is still in a grey area right now. Don't worry, I'll stop pimping it next week

http://www.indiegogo.com/ben-jordan-2
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Failed Birthday Elf

Always happy to support Ben Jordan!

Go for it M0dsy!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #7

Awesome, thank you sir! I assume you are Mr Lynch? Much appreciated if so - you've just helped make it even more likely BJ for you!

I'm off to check the field we're allowed to destroy some set on now, thanks for the inspiration!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #8
Freeware Co-ordinator

Insanity has taken over. Spend the funds before I regain my senses and cancel the payment.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #9

Wow, thank you Mr Exec producer man!! That's extremely generous, and it has just put the movie into happening mode now, yay! And, as you're South UK, you'll be welcome to visit the set and watch us shoot some of the finalé in September (on the Thames nr Reading).

Really though - thank you, now there's no turning back and that's the feeling I've been needing for a while now. You've helped cast the doubt out of my mind. But obviously that and the insanity has transferred over to you

Thanks again! I'll report back soon! Wooooo
Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #10

Just to point you kind contributors to a special un-seen footage reel from Le Chateau Macabre, in low quality (16mb). With strong language! But just to say thanks again

Also don't forget to read the latest AGS News if you're up for a bit of a laugh.

And of course to say thanks again!

Just over a week til we begin the shoot!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #11

We filmed a lot in Italy! Just so you know - it's in progress
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #12

A rough, initial trailer for the sequel can be seen here:
http://www.screen7.co.uk/film/phat/d...d/bbjordan.wmv
(note the title is now Ben Jordan Must Die, and some of the credits at the end are wrong)

Still in production and everything is going well - it shouldn't be many more months now before it's released. A lot of extra effort has gone into post production on this one.

Movie page: http://www.screen7.co.uk/film/phat/film_benjordan2.htm

Thanks again for the support from this community

Last edited by m0ds; 11-18-2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: mistakes
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #13

Not sure if I can edit my original post now, but just to say, the official trailer is online now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POXim_spPtI

Entering the final month of production, if all goes well, it will be out by Halloween. Thanks again for your kind help!