Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert's ambitious new adventure game project: "Rock 'n Roll". (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/26580-tim-schafer-ron-gilberts-ambitious-new-adventure-game-project-rock-n-roll.html)

Hammerite 04-01-2010 07:37 AM

Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert's ambitious new adventure game project: "Rock 'n Roll".

I was surprised to hear this from some media sources I have access to (I won't say who) that Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert are finally to unveil the first details of their new adventure game project, "Rock 'n Roll".
The game features old-school 2D graphics, and even a text parser interface. When asked why, Schafer responded:

Quote:

Well, the idea was conceived a LONG time ago in the early 70s by our fathers, Mickey Schafer and Valedictilius Gilbert, as a vehicle for Elvis Presley. As a viral marketing campaign, Elvis' death was faked, and the game would be released the next month. Of course, our fathers both then realised that what would be needed to program and fully produce the game weren't actually invented yet. So our fathers passed the details of the game down to us and we vowed to have it finished.
Ron Gilbert continued, as Tim Schafer stopped to have a bit of sick in a bin.

Quote:

We got kind of side-tracked with, not only the other projects, but with the lifestyle of drugs and prostitutes that many now associate with LucasArts' adventure game teams. Only recently have we finished the programming, and we don't have much time to polish the graphics and things to a modern standard because we should probably let Elvis out of his underground sea home.
The game is expected to be released in exactly twenty-eight seconds in the US, and forty-two years in other parts of the world, except for Canada who have had the game since 1863, due to a rupture in the time / space continuum.

J.H 04-01-2010 07:58 AM

April 1st

Hamham Chan 04-01-2010 08:23 AM

Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert working together on a game would be awesome. Maybe one day it will happen for real.

DustyShinigami 04-01-2010 09:49 AM

Gotta give you credit for your imagination, Hammie. :D

Jelena 04-01-2010 01:12 PM

Thanks Ham. You made me laugh! :D

thejobloshow 04-01-2010 07:14 PM

I think after the build up and dismal failure of Brutal Legend there's a court order against Tim Schaffer making any more music related games...

Irons 04-02-2010 08:58 AM

For some reason Full Throttle is one of my old time favorite old games (havent played it in soon 10++ years or something and doubt I will, incase it ruins my memory) so when I first read your post I got excited, then I got sad, thank you! :(

[toj.cc]Phantom 04-02-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejobloshow (Post 544071)
I think after the build up and dismal failure of Brutal Legend there's a court order against Tim Schaffer making any more music related games...

Are you serious?

Hammerite 04-02-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irons (Post 544125)
For some reason Full Throttle is one of my old time favorite old games (havent played it in soon 10++ years or something and doubt I will, incase it ruins my memory) so when I first read your post I got excited, then I got sad, thank you! :(

Sorry. I start an April Fool's thread, every year.
This is the one I'm most proud of, though.

UPtimist 04-02-2010 10:03 AM

Cracked at the names of their fathers :D

:P

stepurhan 04-02-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 544134)
Sorry. I start an April Fool's thread, every year.
This is the one I'm most proud of, though.

Rightly so. Putting Gilbert and Schafer in the frame made the rest of the insanity disturbingly plausible. Not as true facts but as the sort of thing they'd say to attract attention to a project.

Hammerite 04-02-2010 01:54 PM

I hadn't thought of that; but, in consideration, I am a genius.

stepurhan 04-02-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 544175)
I hadn't thought of that; but, in consideration, I am a genius.

What I think you meant to say is that was your intention all along of course. :D

Squinky 04-02-2010 01:59 PM

You should've written something about Ron Gilbert and Squinky working on a project together. Oh, wait...

Hammerite 04-02-2010 03:19 PM

I hope he doesn't see it and tell me off about it!!

*hides in corner*

Lee in Limbo 04-02-2010 07:55 PM

Could happen.

Fantasysci5 04-03-2010 12:20 PM

I love how this got moved to "Chit Chat"...So that's where all of the April Fool threads go. ;)