Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Favorite drink? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/261-favorite-drink.html)

twifkak 09-26-2003 12:32 PM

Favorite drink?

I'm relatively depraved on all fronts, but right now I'm curious about drinks. Achoholic/non-alchoholic, I don't care. Speak. Share things.

Alchoholic:
Cognac
Tom Collins
Rum (2 bacardis mixed) & Coke

Non:
Dominion Ginger Ale (*gasp* actual ginger flavor!)

Intrepid Homoludens 09-26-2003 01:41 PM

Alcoholic:

default - The Eternal Dry Martini with vodka (Absolut) and bleu cheese olives
customary - Cosmopolitan with Absolut Mandarin vodka and twist of lemon;
Maker's Mark (bourbon) & soda with twist of lemon
seasonal - Tanqueray & tonic (but only during the summer); Cuba Libré (summer only - twif, you should try this one!); Bombay Sapphire Gin Gimlet (which I prefer to make at home, most young bartenders don't know how to make it properly; summer); White Russian (autumn/winter; David at Big Chick's makes the most superb one - he shakes it an a cocktail shaker!); Hot Buttered Rum (winter); Hot Chocolate made with Ibarra chocolate, 1 part whole milk, 1 part coconut cream, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and 1 once of dark rum (winter)
supremely evil (which is rarely) - Boodles Gin Martini with olive, chilled to within an inch of its life

Non-alc:

Canada Dry Ginger Ale (fake, yes, but readily available)
Canada Dry 50/50 (splendid grapefruit citrus flavour)

justG 09-26-2003 02:15 PM

Alcoholic: Butterscoth Sundae
Non: Arizona Mandarin Green Tea

GreenJeanz 09-26-2003 03:16 PM

Alcoholic:
Asti Spumante wine.

Non-Alcoholic:
COFFEE. :D Love hot coffee and cold coffee equally. I take my regular hot coffee extra strong with lots of creme(powdered usually).
Vanilla coke
Iced tea(Garnish: Lemon slices or mint.) with sugar
Herbal teas(specifically orange cinnamon ceylon or mint)
Chai(With creme and milk)
Regular hot tea(Garnish: Lemon juice or cinnamon powder) with sugar. No creme or milk.
Sierra Mist
Livewire Mountain Dew
Dr Pepper

Zygomaticus 09-26-2003 03:26 PM

Don't drink alcohol...

So, I guess it's just whimpy old orange juice for me *D

Coke and Pepsi, I've recently taken a disliking to, so they go down on the list. :shifty: But Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper, all up there.

Water, of course :D

DustCropper 09-26-2003 03:48 PM

I'm an iced tea kind of guy.

As for soft drinks, my favorite is Dr. Pepper.

I don't drink very much alcohol but my favorite is red wine. I'm not a very sophisticated person and I can't really tell the difference between the cheap stuff and the expensive kind. It's a good thing too because I don't have much money.

twifkak 09-26-2003 03:49 PM

Hrm... Come to think of it, I'm an idiot. All this is going to do is make me upset that I'm not yet 21.

Pluh.

Green tea. When it's good, yeah. I really need to take some time to get into the whole loose tea scene.

hagstrumpa 09-26-2003 03:50 PM

A properly made Bloody Mary is always welcome :P

RemiO 09-26-2003 04:03 PM

Alcoholic: Tanqueray & tonic

Non-alcoholic: Diet Rite.

Phil25 09-26-2003 05:02 PM

The strong stuff:
Whiskey {no brand}
Bailey's
Mike's Hard Lemonade

Non:

Sprite
Coke
Sprite/Barq's 80%-20% mix

GreenJeanz 09-26-2003 05:17 PM

Oh, I forgot to ask. Trep, how do you think the hot chocolate would be minus the rum? It sounds delicious but obviously rum is off my list, as I can't buy it myself and my mother never does.

tabacco 09-26-2003 05:49 PM

For anyone interested in a virgin mint julep:
Quote:

1 cup Sugar
3 tsp Lime Juice Concentrate
3 cups Soda Water
6 tbsp Creme DeMenthe
6 oz. thawed Lemonade Concentrate

Dissolve sugar into soda water. Add lime juice and lemonade and bring to
boil. Remove from heat and add Creme DeMenthe. Chill.
To serve, combine 3 parts syrup to 5 parts water.

Yield: Approx. 2/3 gal.

GreenJeanz 09-26-2003 06:04 PM

Is there such a thing as Creme DeMenthe flavouring, without the actual alcohol? Jesus, I'm annoying. :D
I really have no dislike for alcohol, it's just not something I can drink actively, nor would I want to drink it a lot. And I can't buy just anything because my mom has to buy it and it's not like she'd let me drink it whenever I wanted to anyway, she only lets me have the asti ocassionally. :P These mixes sound sooo good, gah, that I must ask for the substitutes..

Or does boiling it remove the alcohol? I know that other forms of cooking such as baking, frying, etc cause alcohol to evaporate, but does boiling?

tabacco 09-26-2003 06:15 PM

Alcohol has a very low boiling point and a very low evaporation point. Try splashing some rubbing alcohol on a hot sidewalk and you'll see it vanish pretty darn quickly :)

Boiling definitely does the trick.

Even without that, creme de menthe is 30% alcohol by volume, and 6 Tablespoons is about 0.023 gallons. Diluted into 0.66 gallons, I think you're more likely to get drunk from a good tiramisu than this recipe ;)

James 09-26-2003 10:42 PM

it used to be an irish coffee. then it was a coffee [gave up drink] now its a green tea [gave up coffee]

Pappapisshu 09-27-2003 12:41 AM

Alcoholic:
Beer, beer, beer. Nothing's better than beer. Everything from European Lagar and Witbeers, to British Ale. :9~
Wine, red in particular. Although, I'm no connaisseur - I can't tell them apart, really - I enjoy it.
Other than that, White Russian always works.

Non:
Coffee
Green Tea
Coke/Vanilla Coke
Pepsi Twist

Henke 09-27-2003 12:53 AM

Alchoholic:
Carlsberg Hof
Salnecke Äppel-Glögg (Glögg is burnt and spiced brandy or mulled and spiced wine)

Non-alcoholic:
Earl grey
Iced tea peach
Pepsi Max

Tamara 09-27-2003 01:14 AM

Alcoholic:
most vodkas, but generally the ubiquitous vodka-orange
mescal, if I wanna wake up/get hyper (HATE the taste though)
Chateau Neuf de Pape, about the best red wine there is, for an occasion
White Zinfandel, my favourite Rosé wine
Also, I still have to try an (outrageous-sounding) drink a friend of mine recommended .. apparently it's great - vodka-lime-jack-coke. Don't ask me, haven't tried it yet :)

Non-Alcoholic:
Fanta Lemon, I adore it
Water, heh, which is what I drink most of
Tea, plain- milk but no sugar, ugh

btw how can you guys drink Vanilla Coke? It's .. weird

Also, muahahaha @ Twif - I find it soo funny that the drinking age there is 21 :) very unrealistic IMO. Here it's 16, which, let's face it, you're not going to find that many 16 year olds anywhere who've never had any alcohol

Synonym 09-27-2003 01:24 AM

White Russian 6cl Vodka, 3cl Kahlua and Milk (fatty milk).
Whisky (Laprhoaig 15 yrs., Glenfiddich, Aberlour). Straight up, with a glass of water on the side. No water (in any form) added to the whisky.
Jägermeister

Swordmaster 09-27-2003 01:46 AM

alcoholic:
champagne and sparkling wine
- of the latter especially Freixenet cava wines, which are afforable and tasty. my pre-party / party / afterparty drink of choice.
red and white wines
- mostly when dining, also a glass now and then with a good book / record / adventure game
Bloody Mary
GT Bombay
Stolichnaya
- Screwdriver, Vodka Tonic, Bolly-Stolly... you name it

non-alcoholic:
Pepsi Max
- the #1 drink in my household
tea
- Earl Grey an all-time favorite, but really anything goes ("...Good authors too who once knew better words...")
freshly-squeezed fruit juice