You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Problem with Lord of the Rings soundtracks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
The Quiet One

Default Problem with Lord of the Rings soundtracks

I thought Help and Technical Support would've been the best place for this, but as this isn't for a game, I thought it would be better in Chit Chat.

Anyway, I'm having a really strange problem with all 3 of my Lord of the Rings soundtracks in either Windows Media Player 11 or Windows Media Centre. Whenever I play them, the actual music is just bearly audible, but every track seems to be affected by really bad static. Now, no other audio CD I've put into my computer has had this problem. The audio has been and is crystal clear. I've tried one of the soundtrack discs (The Fellowship of the Ring) on my brother's laptop, which also has Vista and Windows Media Player 11, and it's perfectly fine. I've even tried it in a CD player and again, it's perfectly fine. And finally, I've tried burning one of the tracks from the CD onto my hard drive and it's still affected by horrible static.

I'm really stumped. What could the issue be? I have considered reinstalling Media Player 11, but Media Centre plays the CDs just the same. And no other audio CD is a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
the midnight rambler

What's it like on other music players? Try something like VLC or Winamp, these are both free (VLC is worth it for all those alien file types that're hard to identify).
Old 12-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
The Quiet One

Hey, geggis. Thanks for the response. Aye, I've just tried VLC and Winamp and I get the exact same problem. 'Tis really strange. There must be something wrong with my machine somewhere.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Ah, Lord of the Rings. I love it so much. Sorry, I'm not sure what you should do to hear the soundtrack better, but I just had to comment how awesome LOTR is.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
the midnight rambler

Hmm that's very strange. It may be something to do with the cd/dvd drive and the way it is interpreting the disc. If you have another drive then try that! I know my last computer (which is very old now) had a cd drive and dvd drive and the dvd drive used to skip all the time with music cds. Hope that helps!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Hmm that's very strange. It may be something to do with the cd/dvd drive and the way it is interpreting the disc. If you have another drive then try that! I know my last computer (which is very old now) had a cd drive and dvd drive and the dvd drive used to skip all the time with music cds. Hope that helps!
Unfortunately I don't have another drive. It does seem a bit pointless getting another DVD drive just for 3 CDs. *sigh* I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks for your help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Ah, Lord of the Rings. I love it so much. Sorry, I'm not sure what you should do to hear the soundtrack better, but I just had to comment how awesome LOTR is.
Agreed. I love LOTR as well. I'm currently re-reading The Two Towers at the moment. I usually give the novels a read once-every-so-often to refresh my memory. And I love everything about the movies - including the soundtrack.