You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat DVDs You've Just Bought

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #121
The Quiet One

Pre-ordered earlier on:

I'm glad this is getting a re-release; it needed one. I can't wait to rewatch it.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #122
The 'Mighty Dragon'

I bought Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space today.

Not bad, wish it was longer though.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #123
Lazy Bee

I soon own the entire series.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #124
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Blu-Rays of Milk, UP and The Princess and the Frog. Fun times.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #125
The Quiet One

Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #126
The Quiet One

More horror films, which are perfect for this time of year:

I have to say, the colour version was a bit of a mixed bag as the quality was a bit blurry.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #127
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #128
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Velly cleepy.

Charming.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #129
The 'Mighty Dragon'

@Trunkyo It's hardly complete if it doesn't have Curse of the Were Rabbit
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #130
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I chuckle at the marketing wizards who decided to call it a "complete collection", considering Nick Park is still planning on making more W&G shorts. They probably didn't include Curse of the Wererabbit (which I already own ) because it's considered a theatrical release instead of an animated short film.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #131
The 'Mighty Dragon'

That's a fair point. I wonder what they'll do in future because Peter Sallis isn't exactly the youngest actor any more.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #132
Beamin' Demon

Ben Whitehead is the official back-up voice actor for Wallace (he voiced Wallace in Telltale Games' Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures). I wonder if they got Ben specifically in preparation for that eventual sad day? Peter Sallis is still going strong at age 89 despite his diminished eyesight.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #133
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Ben Whitehead is the official back-up voice actor for Wallace (he voiced Wallace in Telltale Games' Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures). I wonder if they got Ben specifically in preparation for that eventual sad day?
Possibly, but I doubt Peter Sallis would do much travelling at his age, so it could be something that's easier all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Peter Sallis is still going strong at age 89 despite his diminished eyesight.
Indeed! You could tell in the final Last of the Summer Wine season that he's getting on a bit, but he was still moving around and stuff.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #134
The Quiet One

I only have the first three in a collection. I bought it a few years ago; must have been the first DVD release over here. However, we do have Curse of the Were-Rabbit and A Matter of Loaf and Death on seperate DVDs.

@Dwagginz

I remember seeing a couple of episodes of Metalocalypse once. I... didn't know what to make of it. Very trippy.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #135
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
@Dwagginz

I remember seeing a couple of episodes of Metalocalypse once. I... didn't know what to make of it. Very trippy.
Indeed it is. Some episodes are much trippier than others (Usually the ones involving Dr Rockso the Rock'n'Roll Clown (He does cocaine!)), but generally it's fairly well adjusted and just "brutal". If it's watched in order then it makes more sense and works better, but for the most part it works fine as standalone episodes (Robot Chicken is much better for standalone, mind you).
Old 11-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #136
The Quiet One

Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #137
The Quiet One

Bought shed loads the other day:

And pre-ordered:

Old 11-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #138
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #139
Filmfreak

*bump*

I haven't bought all that many DVDs lately, but I couldn't resist posting a pic of my collection, which holds about 1400 titles...

There's about 50 titles missing (most of the gaps you see everywhere). Some of those are lent out, but most are next to the DVD player...

Thanks to DustyShinigami for leading me to this thread.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #140
Lazy Bee

OMG Tim! That's an impressive collection. I bet your friends like to come by and borrow DVDs?

Since I've had quite a lot of time on my hands lately I've been watching Battlestar Galactica.
I've bought these:

I'm now looking for season 4 on my usual web stores, but it seems they don't keep it in stock for the moment.