You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #161
Life and times of...

That's just like a Finnish song from the 90's... Trepsie, Trepsie, where are you Trepsie? Under the apple tree, it can be no one else, there, there that Trepsie is...

(What an awful song... But then again, so is most Finnish music, so...)

Continue.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
That's just like a Finnish song from the 90's... Trepsie, Trepsie, where are you Trepsie? Under the apple tree, it can be no one else, there, there that Trepsie is...

(What an awful song... But then again, so is most Finnish music, so...)

Continue.
Nothing wrong with Finnish music (PMMP, Apulanta, Kotitelelueueues, never remeber the name, not a fin myself).

Anyways, figured I'd leave a note, I'we done something like a forum meetup before, it was great fun (we where 15-20 people from a warcraft off topic forum that met up in London).
It's allways fun to meet new people or well people you'we only talked to online!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #163
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Sooo, how are we going to do this now? Do we move the entire meeting forwards by a few hours? I'd be all for that, if nobody minds.

Also, maybe someone should contact step by PM - he might have set it that he gets an email notification on receiving one, after all.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #164
tsa
Playing character

It looks like Step is the only one who hasn't said he minds yet. So a great majority is for moving the entire thing. I will just call the restaurant and move the appointment there.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #165
tsa
Playing character

OK guys,

Because we can't let Jazzie chew on a dried-out sandwich in the train and miss out on all the fun in the restaurant we moved the whole meeting forwards for two hours. That means we meet at the meeting point at Amsterdam Central Station at 12:00, and have an early dinner at 16:30 at the Indonesian restaurant. The restaurant had no problems moving the appointment. I hope everyone is OK with this!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #166
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Trepsie Trepsie, where are you?

Spoiler:
Free after {insert the right adventurgame here}.
I meant Stepsie, of course!!

Stepsie, Stepsie, where are you?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #167
Lazy Bee

Quote:
OK guys,

Because we can't let Jazzie chew on a dried-out sandwich in the train and miss out on all the fun in the restaurant we moved the whole meeting forwards for two hours. That means we meet at the meeting point at Amsterdam Central Station at 12:00, and have an early dinner at 16:30 at the Indonesian restaurant. The restaurant had no problems moving the appointment. I hope everyone is OK with this!
Yep!
It's getting closer, I'm so excited!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #168
Pixiehunter

I'm okay with it too

Quote:
Maruca and I come from Bussum, but maybe we can make sure that we arrive at the station at the same time?
Trains from Enkhuizen arrive at Amsterdam Centraal at x.21 and x.51. How about the trains from Bussum?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #169
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Trains from Enkhuizen arrive at Amsterdam Centraal at x.21 and x.51. How about the trains from Bussum?
They arrive at .24 and .54 at 13b. Only 3 minutes difference .
Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #170

How far away is the Restaurant from Centraal Station? Like I said, my train leaves at 18:30, meaning I should be there a bit before that. If it's a bit away from the station, I'd like to ask if it might be possible to move the time of the dinner forward by another half hour or so if possible, or it might be a bit of a hassle to get there. I'm sorry that I only thought about that now.

-

Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #171
tsa
Playing character

It's not so far away. As you can see on the map, there's also a tram stop very close to the restaurant. The tram is faster than walking . I'm quite confident that two hours is ample time for us to finish our dinner and get to the station before 18:34.

That reminds me: shall I tell the restaurant to make us an Indonesian 'rijsttafel'? You get a lot of different things to try out then, most of it very yummie. And it saves us the time of looking in the menu and choosing what to eat.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #172

Quote:
It's not so far away. As you can see on the map, there's also a tram stop very close to the restaurant. The tram is faster than walking . I'm quite confident that two hours is ample time for us to finish our dinner and get to the station before 18:34.

That reminds me: shall I tell the restaurant to make us an Indonesian 'rijsttafel'? You get a lot of different things to try out then, most of it very yummie. And it saves us the time of looking in the menu and choosing what to eat.

Great! I also now checked the tram plan, and it seems it's really just 16 minutes by tram to get there. So if I leave at 18:00, I should have ample time to get to my train.

By the way, do you think I should get an I amsterdam card for the two day stay, or are there cheaper two day tickets available for public transport in Amsterdam?

Oh, and I think the Rijsttafel sounds good.

-

Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #173
Freeware Co-ordinator

I'm coming over on the Friday so an earlier meet is fine. Was that the question?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 AM   #174
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I'm coming over on the Friday so an earlier meet is fine. Was that the question?
Yes! Thanks Step. We also moved the dinner to 16:30 so we won't miss Jazz during dinner. And I'll ask the restaurant to make Indonesian 'rijsttafel' (rice table) so we won't have to look at menus and choose.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #175
Freeware Co-ordinator

The rice table sounds like a good idea, as long as we don't also get rice chairs to sit on.

Also saves arguments over who had what afterwards (possibly)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #176
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
By the way, do you think I should get an I amsterdam card for the two day stay, or are there cheaper two day tickets available for public transport in Amsterdam?
I think 48 euros is pretty steep for the few tram rides you will do. I actually don't know what the status of the public transport tickets is in Amsterdam. We are slowly switching to a new system for paying for public transport, and every city does that at its own pace it looks like. Maybe Luna knows more about this? I mostly use the car nowadays, although not in big cities like Amsterdam.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #177

Quote:
I think 48 euros is pretty steep for the few tram rides you will do. I actually don't know what the status of the public transport tickets is in Amsterdam. We are slowly switching to a new system for paying for public transport, and every city does that at its own pace it looks like. Maybe Luna knows more about this? I mostly use the car nowadays, although not in big cities like Amsterdam.
Alright, so no Amsterdam ticket - but the people or maybe the machines are able to speak English, right? If yes, then I think I'll ask for the best solution at the info point.

-

Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #178
tsa
Playing character

Everybody in Amsterdam speaks English. They get so many tourists each year they have to.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #179
Pixiehunter

So about the public transport system:

48 euros is still cheaper than the expensified public transport now, so don't do it
As for the current system: I shall try to keep my rants about the public transport chip short. Let's just stick to that it is a system that is not working, yet costs way more than the old system.

Now, I got the chip card of doom, so I am bound to use it (byebye money and sanity), so I am not completely sure about the other options, but as far as I know, in the metro you can only travel with th the chip 'o doom (now with extra added gates of doom that slam shut in your face when the light is green and the message is Goodbye, because why would you keep in mind that it sometimes is busy at the metro stations? Surely people would not want to be at work at regular times?).

Luckily you are saved from this, because trams still also use the good old 'strippenkaart', as well as the chip o' doom. At no cost go for the chip system, it is way more expensive, (although they lied that it would be same price at most, on short distances it would even be cheaper. Funny enough 2.7 km is apparently a very long distance, because it got more expensive than it used to be) and you also risk encountering a check out thing that is broken, so you pay 4 euro for the trip (when you check in, 4 euro is taken from the money on the chip, and when you check out they return the money you payed too much. Of course some of the check out systems do not function properly so you loose the 4 euros anyway.). (And then there is the logic that you pay more in some trams than others, although you travel from the exact same location to the other exact same location, what's even more weird, when you take tram 5 from Amsterdam Centraal to the Leidseplein, you pay less than when you take that same tram 5 from Leidseplein to Amsterdam Centraal.)

But, to come back to your situation: you can still use the strippenkaart, but I am not sure what variant would be cheapest for you. I could always use the cheapest because I'm a student (that, or I'd travel for freeee ), so I'm not really sure about the others...Come to think of it...maybe they can only give out chip cards....

Conclusion: sorry, I don't really know. I guess I just had to rant about the system
Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #180
tsa
Playing character

A normal strippenkaart is something like 16 euros or so. What does a trip cost if you buy the required number of strips in the bus/tram? I wouldn't be surprised if buying the strips in the tram is the cheapest because we don't have to go that far.
O, and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
48 euros is still cheaper than the expensified public transport now, so don't do it
I guess you mean "more expensive" instead of "cheaper" here .