You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #141
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Whereas I'm just appalled in general!
Wrong thread.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #142
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I vomited out of pure disgust.
You must be very happy you will not be there, am I right?

I'm glad you all take my health so seriously .
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #143
kamikaze hummingbirds

Only jorking (I assume you noticed that ); I'd personally love to be there, but it ain't gonna happen.
Maybe I'll porst a pic to coincide so EVERYONE can vomit in disgust!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #144
Stalker of Britain

HAMMY! One more self-depreciating word out of your mouth, and I'm on the next plane to England to put you in a chokehold of love. Seriously, putting yourself down all the time is probably making you see yourself differently than others see you. I'm sure if you posted a pic, we'd all say you look cute, and no, we wouldn't be lying.

On topic-apparently the next get together will be at my wedding.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #145
kamikaze hummingbirds

I smell like shat-on dog sick.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #146
tsa
Playing character

Then wash yourself!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #147
tsa
Playing character

I finally got an email back from the restaurant. They can do salt-free food. So luckily I won't have to find a new restaurant!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #148
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Only jorking (I assume you noticed that ); I'd personally love to be there, but it ain't gonna happen.
Maybe I'll porst a pic to coincide so EVERYONE can vomit in disgust!
I'd love to vomit at your picture Hammy!

And of course I knew you were joking. I still grinned days after you posted that
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #149
tsa
Playing character

Partygoers! It's time to make some decisions because April 10 is getting close fast. My idea is to gather in the Central Station at the Meeting Point they have there, around 14:00. We can then choose between several tourist boat companies that are all close to the station. A trip through the famous Canals of Amsterdam shows you a lot of the city from a unique viewpoint. A trip usually takes an hour and costs 13 euros. I haven't really thought about what to do between the end of the boat trip and the dinner at the Indonesian restaurant. Maybe you can come up with a good idea? What would you like to see or do? I myself would love to see the Royal Palace at the Dam, which has just been restored to its former glory. But I can go to Amsterdam every week if I want to, so your wishes have priority. Please tell me your ideas!

Edit: I just reserved the restaurant for 8 people on April 10 at 18:30.

Last edited by tsa; 03-22-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #150
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Partygoers! It's time to make some decisions because April 10 is getting close fast. My idea is to gather in the Central Station at the Meeting Point they have there, around 14:00. We can then choose between several tourist boat companies that are all close to the station. A trip through the famous Canals of Amsterdam shows you a lot of the city from a unique viewpoint. A trip usually takes an hour and costs 13 euros. I haven't really thought about what to do between the end of the boat trip and the dinner at the Indonesian restaurant. Maybe you can come up with a good idea? What would you like to see or do? I myself would love to see the Royal Palace at the Dam, which has just been restored to its former glory. But I can go to Amsterdam every week if I want to, so your wishes have priority. Please tell me your ideas!

Edit: I just reserved the restaurant for 8 people on April 10 at 18:30.

Ummm...18:30 is...*bad* for me. Since my train leaves at 18:34.

I guess my guess was incorrect, that we'd be done by then. I had understood, that we would eat lunch or something between lunch and dinner. Because if I leave any later than 18:34 I'll arrive at home at some hellish time in the morning. I do not want to be at the train station that early in the morning, it's creepy.

Sorry guys.

So, it seems I won't be able to attend the dinner, unless we change it to an earlier time. I am really sorry for these complications.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #151
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Partygoers! It's time to make some decisions because April 10 is getting close fast. My idea is to gather in the Central Station at the Meeting Point they have there, around 14:00. We can then choose between several tourist boat companies that are all close to the station. A trip through the famous Canals of Amsterdam shows you a lot of the city from a unique viewpoint. A trip usually takes an hour and costs 13 euros.
Sounds perfect!

Quote:
I haven't really thought about what to do between the end of the boat trip and the dinner at the Indonesian restaurant.
Maybe you can come up with a good idea? What would you like to see or do? I myself would love to see the Royal Palace at the Dam, which has just been restored to its former glory. But I can go to Amsterdam every week if I want to, so your wishes have priority. Please tell me your ideas!
I'm fine with pretty much anything. My daughter and I plan to see the Anne Frank house on Sunday. That's the only thing we've decided on.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #152
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
We're (and Step as well) arriving on Friday so it's quite OK to meet up earlier on Saturday, around noon. Or even earlier if possible.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #153
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post

I guess my guess was incorrect, that we'd be done by then. I had understood, that we would eat lunch or something between lunch and dinner. Because if I leave any later than 18:34 I'll arrive at home at some hellish time in the morning. I do not want to be at the train station that early in the morning, it's creepy.

Sorry guys.

So, it seems I won't be able to attend the dinner, unless we change it to an earlier time. I am really sorry for these complications.
Sorry that I was unclear Jaz . I think it's not too late to shift the time to, for instance, 16:30. Early dinner, I know, but if nobody has a problem with that I can call the restaurant again. Or maybe you can share a room in the hotel with one of the other adventurers? Or is that a very inappropriate suggestion?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #154

Quote:
Sorry that I was unclear Jaz . I think it's not too late to shift the time to, for instance, 16:30. Early dinner, I know, but if nobody has a problem with that I can call the restaurant again. Or maybe you can share a room in the hotel with one of the other adventurers? Or is that a very inappropriate suggestion?
I'm already arriving on Friday and staying in the same hotel. The problem is not the staying there, the problem is I already booked my ticket, and it's only valid in the specific trains. So I can't really leave any later, even if I didn't have a problem with arriving so early in the morning at home.

But I think 16:30 would be no problem. I'll be taking my trekking back pack with me as luggage anyway (or actually maybe just a regular, small backpack. It's a single night after all. I can travel light.) So I won't have to go back to the hotel to check out and get my lugagge before leaving. I'd be able to leave directly from the restaurant to Centraal Station.

-

Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #155
Pixiehunter

Yay, more planning
I can be there as early as 6.51, so I'm in for early (although I do have a wedding party the day before, but hey, I can handle some sleep deprevation, I'm a student, tis in our blood )

The funny thing is that, after living for 21 years at an hour distance from Amsterdam, and having studied there 4 and a half years, I never really did sightseeing there (except for the boat trips through the canals, which is great fun ), so I am (very annoyingly) in for everything.

Sooo, anyone else going by train and coming from the direction of Enkhuizen/Alkmaar?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #156

Sooo, if Luna can be there early, that only leaves Maruca to be asked, when she can be there, right? After all, Step, the Jelena family and I are all in the same hotel. So maybe we can move the entire thing forward a bit, if nobody minds, of course?

-

Old 03-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #157
tsa
Playing character

Maruca doesn't have much say in this, because we're staying at my parent's, MWUHAHA!! . Seriously, she won't mind at all, and I don't mind a bit either, and I don't think Step will mind either. I haven't seen him online for a few days though. I hope he replies soon.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #158
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Sooo, anyone else going by train and coming from the direction of Enkhuizen/Alkmaar?
Maruca and I come from Bussum, but maybe we can make sure that we arrive at the station at the same time?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #159
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Maruca doesn't have much say in this, because we're staying at my parent's, MWUHAHA!! .
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #160
tsa
Playing character

Trepsie Trepsie, where are you?

Spoiler:
Free after {insert the right adventurgame here}.