Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/25615-adventure-gamers-forum-members-get-together-amsterdam.html)

Luna Sevithiainen 02-21-2010 01:40 PM

At least there will be a puzzle that is about finding and recognizing everyone :P

Hammerite 02-21-2010 01:59 PM

Well, if you have difficulty, always remember: Use Everything on Everything Else!

tsa 02-21-2010 09:35 PM

Yes, and take everything that isn't nailed down!

Where does that phrase come from anyway? I first saw it in the manual of The Pawn (1986 or so). But maybe some old geezer here can tell me if it is older than that?

UPtimist 02-22-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 539592)
Honestly, it's not mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 539597)
I haven't seen any Austin Powers movie, but no most likely not.

http://softduit.com/images/Blog_Fold...Pump_thumb.jpg

Also, I'd love to see video of all of you going around the town, talking to everyone about trivial things, selling these fine leather jackets, taking every item you can find...

Of course most importantly, using the items and saying "that doesn't work".

stepurhan 02-22-2010 05:42 AM

Newsflash!!!!

Adventure Gamers arrested in Amsterdam.

"They were taking everything they could lay their hands on and then poking people with them" said horrified witnesses."They kept muttering about how `That doesn't work"'

The group were apprehended trying to push a copy of Die Telegraaf under the door of Fortis Bank while wielding a variety of thin pointy sticks

UPtimist 02-26-2010 09:27 AM

Slightly earlier, a group of construction workers had called the police after the same group had interrupted them in the middle of lifting a crate by removing the pulley they were using and stuffing it in in a rubber chicken.

Jelena 02-26-2010 09:44 AM

The construction workers were also upset by the fact that the strange group of people were climbing the scaffolding they just had assembled. They also reported the men and women referred to themselves as Nico and George. Perhaps that could be a lead for the police to find the right asylum to bring these weirdos back to.

tsa 02-26-2010 12:59 PM

Stop it you three, I can't handle it anymore! My stomach hurts from laughing! :)

Hammerite 02-26-2010 01:08 PM

His stomach hurts?
If we USE this toucan on this frayed curtain, we can make the signed photograph of Chris Rea fall from the curtain rail above!
Then we can GIVE the photograph to the strange bearded man pissing up the building, in exchange for his prescription medicine.
Great work!
Now, all we need to do now is USE the prescription medicine on tsa and...
... oh, no.

Spoiler:
The lid is too tight, and we'll need to find some means of opening this mother!

stepurhan 02-28-2010 03:43 AM

Sorry, what was that tsa? :D

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../newspaper.jpg

I can guarantee there will be puzzles at the event by the way.

If you want to replicate the above try here.

Jelena 02-28-2010 04:08 AM

Those poor Dutch people won't know what hit them. ;):D

tsa 02-28-2010 12:09 PM

Oh come on. We've seen better stuff. Besides, the date was wrong. There is no Saturday, April 9, 2010 :) :) :D.

Jelena 02-28-2010 12:15 PM

We're obsessed with the Dutch. We even have a dog by the breed: Nova Scotia Dutch Tolling Retriever ;)

Sorry. My kids calls it teacher's sense of humour.

Jazhara7 03-05-2010 01:20 PM

I just booked my ticket and hotel - Jelena will already know it's the same as they and Stepurhan have booked. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you - I'll be arriving on Friday. I will most likely be the Goth Girl sitting in the lobby drawing or reading. ^^

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 03-05-2010 08:26 PM

I mailed the restaurant we chose to ask if they serve salt-poor food, because of my new diet. They didn't answer. I will call them later this week, but if they don't do salt-poor or salt-free then I have to choose another Indonesian restaurant that does. I hope you guys don't mind.

Jelena 03-06-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 541029)
I hope you guys don't mind.

Of course not! :)

UPtimist 03-06-2010 02:47 AM

I am appalled. I'm not even coming there but I am absolutely appalled. How dare you change the restaurant, due to mere health reasons?

tsa 03-06-2010 11:11 AM

I just wanted to annoy you :)

RLacey 03-06-2010 11:28 AM

Whereas I'm just appalled in general!

Hammerite 03-06-2010 11:29 AM

I vomited out of pure disgust.