You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #301
tsa
Playing character

You see Step smiling on every picture. He had so much fun! Just like us all actually!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #302
Failed Birthday Elf

Wow, looks like you all had a great time, i'm definitely jealous!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #303
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
I will start saving money (and practicing harder my english ) for the next get-together, since it's very unlikely it will be settled in south america.
It's less unlikely if you host the event and send plane tickets to all of us. You can make this dream come true, we believe in you.

Seriously, great pictures. I envy you all.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #304
Pixiehunter

Okay, so here is my take on the Adventure in Amsterdam.

I will skip the first group picture. We know by now that we were all still in one piece back then

After that, we went on a boat tour through the canals in Amsterdam. Tsa may claim that Maruca, Jelena and I were not paying attention to the view outside, but I have proof that he wasn't (always) paying attention either

After the boat tour we had a drink and of course, with an adventure gamers forum meet there have to be puzzles, Step must have thought, so he gave us puzzles, which immediately kept Jaz and tsa busy

After that we went to the Palace on the Dam square. However, because I flashes weren't allowed in there (which Step really tried to listen to, but his camera was evil) and without flashes the shutter time becomes too large for my shaky hands to handle, most of my picturs from in there have moved so much that you will get seasick looking at them...

...Which is no good when dinner is coming up
We had an Indian ricetable, meaning that we got all sorts of things. Though beware El Pollo Diablo, here on the second plate from the right

After dinner some of us had mint tea, with a whole lotta mint in there.

It was an amazing day. I'm already looking forward to the next forummeet
Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #305
Stalker of Britain

Wow, those last two pictures are hilarious! Jelena Jr looks like she didn't like what she was trying, and that's a whole bunch of tea leaves! lol And I love the hard concentration on Jaz and tsa's faces with the puzzles.

Great pics, everyone!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #306
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
It's less unlikely if you host the event and send plane tickets to all of us. You can make this dream come true, we believe in you.
Hahaha! I wish I could afford that. I barely have money to spend with games... But don't worry, I'll certainly make it when I become a successful game designer.

I love these new pics! The food look tasty, despite the facial expression of Jelena Jr.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 04-13-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #307
Life and times of...

What do the non-forumites' tags read?

BTW, the gaamsaav I was referring to
Spoiler:
is from Outcast
thought I'd get that out of the way too.

So, when (and where) is the next meeting? Rome? Will there be an American spin-off? (Well, not so much a spin-off as a version, but that just sounded better)

(Edit): Also, damn moth, flying into my screen...
Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #308
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
What do the non-forumites' tags read?
They had their names. I suggested they'd be called Igor and Natacha since it would suit my forumname "Jelena" pretty well, but they weren't up for it.

Quote:
So, when (and where) is the next meeting? Rome? Will there be an American spin-off? (Well, not so much a spin-off as a version, but that just sounded better)
Well tsa was talking about a get together on a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic ocean..... Who knows?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #309
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
So, when (and where) is the next meeting?
*cough my wedding cough*

Unless there's going to be another one sooner than 2 years, then that would be awesome!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #310
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Here's the evil shirt in all its glory!
hahahahaha................. the evil shirt...............in all its glory...........teehee.......... but Step you wear it so well

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #311
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
After the boat tour we had a drink and of course, with an adventure gamers forum meet there have to be puzzles, Step must have thought, so he gave us puzzles, which immediately kept Jaz and tsa busy
I can bear witness to Jelena solving her wooden puzzle before going to bed on Saturday. How has everyone else got on with them?
Quote:
After that we went to the Palace on the Dam square. However, because I flashes weren't allowed in there (which Step really tried to listen to, but his camera was evil)
I think it's been taking lessons from the shirt.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #312
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
*cough my wedding cough*

Unless there's going to be another one sooner than 2 years, then that would be awesome!
If that's going to be in/on your continent, don't expect me to be coming there...

Well, for the better probably. I'm already worried about 1) y'all taking my picture and 2) y'all posting it all over the internet...

Y'all.

(Edit): Out of interest, how did y'all address each other? With your forum names?
Interestingly enough, right now I can only recall Jelena's real name... (which is of course all upside-down, since the name of the leather-wearing assassin from Russia should be the last one whose name one should know) So that might mean y'all would've actually had to learn each others' name.

Last edited by UPtimist; 04-13-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #313
Stalker of Britain

I wondered the same thing, Up.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #314
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I can bear witness to Jelena solving her wooden puzzle before going to bed on Saturday. How has everyone else got on with them?
Maruca gave me her puzzles, and I can say that most of them are pretty hard. I only solved my metal ball puzzle so far.

Quote:
(Edit): Out of interest, how did y'all address each other? With your forum names?
I think we mixed the names a bit. I used to call Jazz Jazz, but Step was usually called by his real name. Jelena listened to both her names, as did Maruca and Luna. I don't recall being called tsa once.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #315
Freeware Co-ordinator

We've forgotten something. Jelena's excellent forum titles quiz. She gave out forum titles (< those things that appear below the name) and we had to guess who they belonged to. Even more excellent since she had to reconstruct it from memory and did a darned good job.

tsa won.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #316
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Maruca gave me her puzzles, and I can say that most of them are pretty hard. I only solved my metal ball puzzle so far.

I think we mixed the names a bit. I used to call Jazz Jazz, but Step was usually called by his real name. Jelena listened to both her names, as did Maruca and Luna. I don't recall being called tsa once.
Being called Jaz or Jazz is not that bad, really, as my real name is Jessica of course. ^^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #317
Lovable rogue

I want some of those black/red lacy things Jaz is wearing on her arms, hehe.

I love the photos guys; I've learnt that Jelena is married to a viking, and has a pretty daughter, who I suspect she may have pillaged from a costal town during one of her longboat voyages

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Last edited by Jatsie; 04-15-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #318
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I'll need to see if I can find my Piggly Wiggly T-Shirt.

I think Sage must have worked there at some point
No, I just shop there... a lot. No day off is complete without at least two trips to "The Pig" for supplies (and/or lunch- they have a great deli!). Since Piggly Wiggly is a uniquely Southern USA thing, wearing a Piggly Wiggly T-shirt is a pretty effective way to let the world know that you're a sophisticated, tasteful person with at least one genuine Redneck in your circle of friends.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #319
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Jelena-what does your daughter think of you being on an adventure gaming website and meeting in person?
Ahem... I got a feeling you might have referred to me while being disappointed people didn't comment your posts.... I've meant to reply to this, but forgot, remembered and forgot again and so on.

Anyway, she thinks I'm a bit geeky being so into adventure gaming and these forums. I guess in some aspects I am an unusual mum.
But she loves to travel and also likes the opportunity to practise speaking English and thus had no problem with coming with me on the get together. (She and Mr J had their own activities during the day and accompanied us later for dinner.)
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #320
Stalker of Britain

On no, Jelena! I wasn't referring to your post! I was talking about my post in the "Thread Must Die", since no one replies to anyone's anyway.