You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do we have any Lounge Lizards among us?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 04:26 AM   #1
Bad Hare Day

Send a message via ICQ to Carlius Send a message via MSN to Carlius
Default Do we have any Lounge Lizards among us?

I consider myself a Lounge Lizard, I'm one of those who likes to chill in the leathersofa slowly taking sips of champagne when I'm out Nightclubbing. 8-)
I like to get well dressed, in a suit and listen to the music before making the dancemoves.
In contrast to just going out with some friends for dancing and to get drunk

I'd like to hear how people in this forum party!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlius
I consider myself a Lounge Lizard, I'm one of those who likes to chill in the leathersofa slowly taking sips of champagne when I'm out Nightclubbing. 8-)
I like to get well dressed, in a suit and listen to the music before making the dancemoves.
In contrast to just going out with some friends for dancing and to get drunk

I'd like to hear how people in this forum party!
I generally start the night in a coffeeshop, a thoroughly mod place (and Mod is its name). Then perhaps a gin tonic at Whiskey Blues (a night club/cafe/pub with a snazzy atmosphere). I too like to suit up - at least a coat and lacquered shoes - but I seldom do because it is so damn hot in these here parts - even the flimsy thinnish coat gets cumbersome...

Last edited by Kingzjester; 09-26-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:18 AM   #3
Doctor Watson

I look at falling leaves.

Usually I get so exited that I have to close my eyes for a while, and just lie down on the ground...

Then someone (usually a cow on one of the fields) spits on my head and I decide to go home.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:36 AM   #4
merely human

When I was in my early 20s I was fresh out of art school and working my first job in my chosen profession (fashion design) and suddenly had much disposable income. I used to dress myself unforgivingly deadly in designer clothers from head to toe - Jean-Paul Gaultier, Armani, Matsuda, Comme des Carçons, Yohji Yamamoto, agnés b., Romeo Gigli, and Dolci e Gabbana. Then I'd meet my friends at the bars and order silly drinks and dance to stupid circuit music (which I hated). It was really funny watching the designer queens ruthlessly studying me, and I knew they were trying to identify my outfits. Meanwhile I was too busy enjoying myself, and then someone would start 'cruising' me and I'd turn the other way and my friend would get upset because I wouldn't take advantage of it.

I'm old now and have outgrown the 'swanking up'. My idea of a wonderful evening is to simply go to my usual bar after work on payday Friday, find a seat at the bar, and have a wonderful martini all by myself. I don't dress up any more, I let my martini 'formalize' me aesthetically. I just sit there and reflect, give my favourite bartenders their customary chocolate truffles (which I always bring for them), look at other people and study them and wonder what kind of stories they have. I often get flashes of ideas or observations and have to write them down before I lose track, so it's convenient to use the thoughtfully laid out cards and pencils at the bar. And as usually is the case someone tries to get my attention but I pretend I didn't see them. It makes me feel awkward, because they're sometimes there again the next time I am and I have to deal with it once more.

But yeah, my idea of a good time is having a drink out alone. But that's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy company. I think people like emma, Kingz, Tamzilla, and Jamesie would make excellent bar friends. A stipulation: you must know how to drink a cocktail if you want to join me.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-26-2003, 06:40 AM   #5
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Well, I don't really go to clubs. Most of the time it's just a party at some guy's. That's a butt-load of fun, though. If I'm going to a school-ball or whatnot, I wear a tux.

And most of the time, it's all about drinking yourself silly and then just have fun. That's what my life is about, really. Just having fun. Tonight, for example, I'm thinking about going bowling. And being drunk while bowling, too. Loads of fun, hopefully.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:50 AM   #6
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Most of the time it's just a party at some guy's. That's a butt-load of fun, though.
[....dirty mi---

No, NO NO NO NO! I can't do it! I can't! It's too fecking easy! I.....Ha ha ha.......HOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-26-2003, 06:55 AM   #7
Liver of Life

I don't party. Even if I did, I don't think I'd enjoy it. Not my idea of fun.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:02 AM   #8
The Third Woman

I used to be a lounge lizard. I love leather sofas and elevator music and a glass of LaPhroaig.
Since I became a mother I don't go out as much as I did. My partying nowadays consists of lots of red wine at home toghether with my husband and sometimes other friends.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:05 AM   #9
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

My idea of a party is a get together with a few close friends -- talking, dinner out, videogames, or whatever miscellany comes up. If I go to a bar (should I ever turn 21 ), it should be with two or three people, and the music should be such that I can still speak at a normal volume.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-26-2003, 07:06 AM   #10
Bad Hare Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
When I was in my early 20s I was fresh out of art school and working my first job in my chosen profession (fashion design) and suddenly had much disposable income. I used to dress myself unforgivingly deadly in designer clothers from head to toe - Jean-Paul Gaultier, Armani, Matsuda, Comme des Carçons, Yohji Yamamoto, agnés b., Romeo Gigli, and Dolci e Gabbana. Then I'd meet my friends at the bars and order silly drinks and dance to stupid circuit music (which I hated). It was really funny watching the designer queens ruthlessly studying me, and I knew they were trying to identify my outfits. Meanwhile I was too busy enjoying myself, and then someone would start 'cruising' me and I'd turn the other way and my friend would get upset because I wouldn't take advantage of it.

I'm old now and have outgrown the 'swanking up'. My idea of a wonderful evening is to simply go to my usual bar after work on payday Friday, find a seat at the bar, and have a wonderful martini all by myself. I don't dress up any more, I let my martini 'formalize' me aesthetically. I just sit there and reflect, give my favourite bartenders their customary chocolate truffles (which I always bring for them), look at other people and study them and wonder what kind of stories they have. I often get flashes of ideas or observations and have to write them down before I lose track, so it's convenient to use the thoughtfully laid out cards and pencils at the bar. And as usually is the case someone tries to get my attention but I pretend I didn't see them. It makes me feel awkward, because they're sometimes there again the next time I am and I have to deal with it once more.

But yeah, my idea of a good time is having a drink out alone. But that's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy company. I think people like emma, Kingz, Tamzilla, and Jamesie would make excellent bar friends. A stipulation: you must know how to drink a cocktail if you want to join me.
I must say that you sound like swell guy....
Old 09-26-2003, 07:11 AM   #11
Bad Hare Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagstrumpa
I used to be a lounge lizard. I love leather sofas and elevator music and a glass of LaPhroaig.
Since I became a mother I don't go out as much as I did. My partying nowadays consists of lots of red wine at home toghether with my husband and sometimes other friends.
Hehe! My hat goes off for such an admirable lady

What places did you go to(since I also live in Stockholm)?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:16 AM   #12
The Third Woman

Thank you Carlius
One of the favourites was actually the lounge at the HUGE hotel near the central station (can't remember the name right now) I hate the area but that lounge has a great atmosphere.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:35 AM   #13
merely human

Hotel lounges are AWESOME! Very swank. Unfortunately the drinks will cost you your firstborn (Ha! hagstrumpa, it might not be a good idea for you now).
Old 09-26-2003, 07:50 AM   #14
The TitleLess

I'm with twikfak. Some qt with some close friends is my idea of a good time, whether it's at home playing videogames, decked to the nines at a club, or casual at the local watering hole. I love going dancing, but feel like a fool on the floor, and don't care for the constant bam-bam beat of techno (that's not to say I don't like the various forms of "electronica" -- just not the drivel that's generally played in clubs), so reserve such outings for latin night or something.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:08 AM   #15
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

I try to avoid places that attract people who just want to get laid. Such places have sucky popular music and sticky floors and DJs who think the apex of their virtuouseness is truning off the music for intervals of two seconds, every two seconds so that the mass of sweaty dancers can yell out the words of the song.

80s techno and punk, Beatles and such, latin music also - much enjoyment can be had - quite dancable too. Not many of my friends are gaming geeks although I don't shun an occasional D&D game... Most of my friends enjoy talking about abstractions and inner worlds, as opposed to 'doing stuff'...
Old 09-26-2003, 08:30 AM   #16
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

somewhere towards the back, or to the side. sipping chilled water, in conversation or observation. witticism and anecdote abound. not averse to a good rockin' party however, if the mood and situation warrant it.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 09-26-2003, 08:32 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
you must know how to drink a cocktail if you want to join me.
presumably, you open your mouth and swallow ...

and yeah, I'll dirty mind myself, thank you very much

I'll answer properly tomorrow, I'm going out myself in 5 minutes Couldn't resist that one thou
Old 09-26-2003, 09:07 AM   #18
JLC

Send a message via ICQ to GreenJeanz Send a message via AIM to GreenJeanz Send a message via MSN to GreenJeanz Send a message via Yahoo to GreenJeanz

I've never been to a party.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:27 AM   #19
(Va-yoosh)

For the first couple of seconds one could mistake me with a lizard lounge but I'm just having fun being unsociable and introspective (for real)... comfortably numb almost.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #20
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
80s techno and punk, Beatles and such, latin music also - much enjoyment can be had - quite dancable too.
It was funny to see people stop dancing when they played Smack My Bitch Up at the prom. Quite a danceable song, I think, but apparently not repetitive enough.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"