You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do we have any Lounge Lizards among us?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 12:04 PM   #21
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJeanz
I've never been to a party.
I've never stayed for more than 20 minutes. They're painful.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-27-2003, 01:22 AM   #22
comfortably numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Jean-Paul Gaultier, Armani, Matsuda, Comme des Carçons, Yohji Yamamoto, agnés b., Romeo Gigli, and Dolci e Gabbana.
Intrepid, I love you! <3

"Everybody’s there, everybody. Big names, you know: Chanel, Dior, Lagerfeld, Givenchy, Gaultier, darling. Names, names, names! Every rich bitch from New York is in there: Hochvanden, Ruchenstein, Vanderbilt, Rothschild, Hookenfookenbergen, Datsun, Rottweiler... Harper’s, Tattler, English Vogue, American Vogue, French Vogue, bloody-Aby-bloody-ssinian-bloody Vogue, darling..."

Old 09-27-2003, 02:48 AM   #23

I'm back, and incredibly tired, and here goes the real reply

I don't really have one style of partying, really, it depends on my mood. Lately, the past couple of months, my mood's been mainly relaxed and chill-out so I've been avoiding the usual clubs and stuff. My current favourite place is a bar called Juuls, it's a lesbian bar although there's lots of straight people too (ie I go with my bf and they don't mind), inside it's a regular bar, but outside there's an area with cushions on the floor where you can lie down and chill, low music, a glass of wine ... suffice to say I actually fell asleep there once After that there's Il-Forn, a café/bar/art gallery owned by friends of ours .. truly a unique place, full of Clem's paintings, plus lots of the chairs and tables are made by him and very intricately decorated. Great atmosphere. Also, Trabixu, which is where I went yesterday .. a wine bar, quite small and intimate, most of the noise is conversation rather than music .. we had cheese fondue and a glass of white wine and spent hours there

When I'm in the mood, though, I do enjoy regular clubbing - the go out, get drunk, dance and try to pick up anything that moves philosophy . I'm a devil on the dancefloor, though that does depend on me being in the mood for it. And apart from that there are do's at friends houses and stuff .. mostly impromptu stuff.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:17 AM   #24
The Robot Head of Love

Send a message via ICQ to zarathustrian Send a message via AIM to zarathustrian Send a message via MSN to zarathustrian Send a message via Yahoo to zarathustrian

Have I been to parties with friends? Sure--and I felt awkward just about the entire time. Clubs? Never. I couldn't possibly go alone, and I've never befriended someone who was into that sort of thing. Matthew, care to head out to a swanky night club tonight?
Old 09-27-2003, 03:20 AM   #25
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster
Intrepid, I love you! <3

"Everybody’s there, everybody. Big names, you know: Chanel, Dior, Lagerfeld, Givenchy, Gaultier, darling. Names, names, names! Every rich bitch from New York is in there: Hochvanden, Ruchenstein, Vanderbilt, Rothschild, Hookenfookenbergen, Datsun, Rottweiler... Harper’s, Tattler, English Vogue, American Vogue, French Vogue, bloody-Aby-bloody-ssinian-bloody Vogue, darling..."

!!!!!!!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-27-2003, 03:22 AM   #26

Send a message via ICQ to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via AIM to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via MSN to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via Yahoo to The Poisoned Pawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrian
Have I been to parties with friends? Sure--and I felt awkward just about the entire time. Clubs? Never. I couldn't possibly go alone, and I've never befriended someone who was into that sort of thing. Matthew, care to head out to a swanky night club tonight?
Uh... Club Tom?
Old 09-27-2003, 03:27 AM   #27
The Robot Head of Love

Send a message via ICQ to zarathustrian Send a message via AIM to zarathustrian Send a message via MSN to zarathustrian Send a message via Yahoo to zarathustrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poisoned Pawn
Uh... Club Tom?
...Oh, you.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:55 AM   #28
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

I often go out clubbing with a lot of friends. Have a couple of beers, just dancing the night away. I (well, we, really...) tend to avoid those places that Kingz mention, although they can be fun, if you're a whole bunch of fun people and ridiculously drunk.

Clubs that we do visit play great music, my favourite is probably a club called Elevation where they play awesome house-soul-disco-gospel. It's amazing. Other than that, any music from the 70's works.

Parties at people's houses have a lot of potential as well, depending on which people are attending. Though, they have been less and less later on, because of the diversion and accessability of clubs where I'm at right now.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:59 AM   #29
Kosmonaut

Send a message via AIM to Phil25 Send a message via MSN to Phil25

Rather go downtown with a bunch of friends and wander the neon streets then go to a place and be forced to have all my enjoyment there.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:05 AM   #30

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poisoned Pawn
Uh... Club Tom?
Club him? I hardly know him!*

*sorry

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-27-2003, 10:30 AM   #31

Send a message via ICQ to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via AIM to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via MSN to The Poisoned Pawn Send a message via Yahoo to The Poisoned Pawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twifkak
Club him? I hardly know him!*

*sorry
I don't think any amount of apology will ever make up for the pain I experienced when I hit my head against the desk in response to your joke.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:21 PM   #32
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

I really can't stand parties, pretty much of any kind. I also despise just about anything that could be construed as "dance music" today.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #33
Schoolgirl From Hell

Hmmm... I'm more of a "hard-to-please" kind of person, so it takes awhile before I'll actually party because it depends on my taste of the atmosphere, I guess. To be honest, I have no idea what's the difference with clubs, discos and the types of musics they play, but for the record, when I hear something I like, yeah, you'll definitely catch me rippin' it up on the dance floor.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 09-28-2003, 09:14 PM   #34
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Hanging at cofee shops and then walking home afterwards (with friends, of course) is the closest I get to dancing the night away..... Which I don't mind at all. (Alcohol tastes bad, remember).
Old 09-28-2003, 09:20 PM   #35
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Hanging at cofee shops and then walking home afterwards (with friends, of course) is the closest I get to dancing the night away..... Which I don't mind at all. (Alcohol tastes bad, remember).
You don't have to drink alcohol to dance the night away.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:15 AM   #36
AKA Morte

Well, no, but first you need to find some sober people to dance the night away WITH.

And I don't dance, anyway.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:46 AM   #37

Yeah, but you don't have to dance the night away to drink alchohol.

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 09-29-2003, 03:31 AM   #38
AKA Morte

Yeah, but how should I know, I don't drink alcohol, nor do I dance.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:16 AM   #39
Kosmonaut

Send a message via AIM to Phil25 Send a message via MSN to Phil25

You're the stiffest gangster I've ever met.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #40
AKA Morte

Play mafia, and you'll know why.

Heck, play Mafia ANYWAY. Preferably on a Saturday Night.