You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Can anyone recommend a TV show?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
Junior Mint

You watched ALL of The Sopranos, but True Blood is too vulgar for you? LOL!!!!!!!

Well... vampires are sexual creatures, according to pretty much every vampire story ever written, so there will be some sex... and HBO does have a tendency to take things to extremes... but it's FAR from all sex, all the time, and the dialogue is no more vulgar than that of any other HBO show. I'd say there is more violence than vulgarity.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #42
In an evening of July...

Oh yeah, there's far more violence than sex. Also, season 2 got really extreme in that regard, some scenes grossed me out, and I'm not grossed out easily (yeah, that cannibalism scene, jeez). But hey, props to HBO for having a set of balls. On any other network the series would've deteriorated into a sitcom comedy by now.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Wow, I'm missing so much great stuff on True Blood. If I'd known it would also get really violent, well, then I would've stuck with it.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #44
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
You watched ALL of The Sopranos, but True Blood is too vulgar for you? LOL!!!!!!!
I enjoyed watching The Sopranos because almost every character was such a despicable excuse for a human being that when they got themselves into miserable situations (and they always did) I could laugh at them. It was cathartic. (I would have enjoyed the show a lot more if a lot more characters died, though. That's what I kept hoping for.) So all the depravity that went on in the show just made me want to see the next episode more, so that there was another chance for them to suffer and for me to feel good about how they were being punished for what they'd done.

Most people probably watched The Sopranos for different reasons than I did.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #45
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
I enjoyed watching The Sopranos because almost every character was such a despicable excuse for a human being that when they got themselves into miserable situations (and they always did) I could laugh at them.
Ah, well, then may I suggest It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? You will probably not find a comedy about more despicable people than that.