You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat New to Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 AM   #101
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Actually, this thread was just Marduk introducing himself. There is no formal "introduce yourself here" thread. But welcome to the boards, in any event.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #102

Thanks!

Well, I just saw an introduction thread, noticed it was six pages long, so I thought it was the place where everybody posted

Other forums I visit, you're sometimes "reprimanded" for starting new threads when there are already existing ones, so I was just playing it safe.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #103
Not like them!

Neah, no one's gonna reprimand you here. We're a friendly place.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #104
Stalker of Britain

Hi there, Little Writer! Welcome to the forums!

Yes, we don't actually have an introduction thread, but that is an idea.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #105
The Major Grubert.

Little Writer, no problem posting pretty much anything here (and welcome!), but you may get more 'new gaming' feed-back in the gaming areas. Just saying, the chit-chat forum is about "everything else", not that we would shun you for talking about AG'ing.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 AM   #106

I've been browsing the forum, posting here and there, trying to get a feel of its structure. I've got plenty of moderator and even administrator experience, so sometimes I behave like one when I'm only a regular member trying to fit in.

I must say I like this forum. It's so immersive, of course due to its fascinating subject matter. Is there a rule to reviving old threads? I've wanted to comment on some things but the last posts are pretty old.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 AM   #107
Not like them!

Sure, have fun.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #108
tsa
Playing character

Welcome, Little Writer!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #109
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Yes, we don't actually have an introduction thread, but that is an idea.
Sure we do. We have several with different flavours. A long sticky introduction thread would (here) either become hopelessly derailed unless it was moderated so hard that it might lose a bit of its fun. Not having the sticky suits this crowd, methinks.

Besides, I have a feeling most people don't read the long stickys on forums.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #110
Stalker of Britain

Little Writer-I seem to have the exact same problem. I was a regular member of these forums before I became a staff member, so I keep forgetting and falling back into "one of the guys" when I actually should be more professional.

And it really depends on how old the thread is. This topic actually just came up. If it's like a five-year-old thread, don't bother. Anything really more than a year should be left alone. But if you still want to talk about something, you can go ahead and start a new thread.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #111

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Hi, Little Writer, and welcome! I'd have replied sooner but I stopped checking this thread and I haven't really paid the 'chit-chat' section much attention (changing tonight).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
Well, I just saw an introduction thread, noticed it was six pages long, so I thought it was the place where everybody posted
I could have titled it better. And yeah, it kind of turned into a debate about the difference between being 'English' and 'British' and then about Aspergers Syndrome.
Quote:
Other forums I visit, you're sometimes "reprimanded" for starting new threads when there are already existing ones, so I was just playing it safe.
I was actually expecting somebody to refer me to an introduction thread but it never happened. I did look for one, honest!
Quote:
I've been browsing the forum, posting here and there, trying to get a feel of its structure. I've got plenty of moderator and even administrator experience, so sometimes I behave like one when I'm only a regular member trying to fit in.
ooohhh... Subtlety, thy name is not 'Little Writer' I
Quote:
must say I like this forum. It's so immersive, of course due to its fascinating subject matter.
I've been here for only a month and it's already the best forum I've been involved in But it's more than just the subject matter; because we're discussing a niche market genre the community surrounding it (and thus any and all forums dedicated to the genre) is smaller than those belonging to other types of game play. (I'm sure that a forum dedicated to a more popular genre, such as FPSs or RPGs, would have a far larger base of membership). This might not seem like a 'blessing' to many people, but when you live smaller community you know more of the names and faces of the people you pass. While the membership of AG.com is probably larger than the population of a village; particularly large forums have problems such as multiple threads on the same topic, threads scrolling off the first page too quickly, spammers, etc etc etc.

Quote:
Is there a rule to reviving old threads? I've wanted to comment on some things but the last posts are pretty old.
I've "necro bumped" almost everything I've replied to and had no complaints In fact several of them went on several pages longer than they lasted before I bumped them