You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Your handle, title, avatar & sig...explain.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #21
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

mag - My initials that should not in any way be taken as being a girl's name. Where I go to school they give everybody accounts that are automatically named with your initials and some random number. Seemed like a good enough name, so I figured I'd keep that theme going whenever I register for something. In some places you might see me as mag120. Also, J. Michael Straczynski, one of the best writers alive, always uses "jms" whenever he posts anything. So this makes me a little bit more like him. Yes, it's pathetic hero worship. You got something against that?

Avatar - That's Vivi from Final Fantasy IX letting loose some black magic. For some reason I've always loved the black mage character from Final Fantasy. Might have something to do with all the evil.

"Senior Member" - Indicates that I spend way too much time posting on online message boards.

Signature - To let people know about my current black mage obsession. So far I've made it all the way to Pravoka. I also put a shameless link to my site at the bottom.

mag
Old 03-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #22
JLC

Send a message via ICQ to GreenJeanz Send a message via AIM to GreenJeanz Send a message via MSN to GreenJeanz Send a message via Yahoo to GreenJeanz

Nick/Handle: Stole it from my parrot. Yes, his real life nickname was GreenJeans. I stole it way back when I liked to spell things with Zs(I was 13, which explains it all.) and thus the Z.

Line Below Nick: My initials.

Sig: Line from a Toyah Wilcox song accompanying links to my assorted junk.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 AM   #23
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

James: After a grand uncle, affectionately known as "Jemser"

Aranolorion: Quenyan for the "King of Dreams" - owing to the foundation of ForeverDream Studios, certain lifelong foreswearings and a fascination for the stars.

Avatar: Myself, under starlight buried deep.

Signature: My favourite line, from quite possibly, my favourite book - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. It is a part of the poetry Same espouses on the mountains of Mordor when all hope seems lost. Nil desperandum.

Welcome, Marko! Enjoy your stay here, and I'll see you around.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #24

Firstly, my title, avatar et al are pretty volatile and are subject to change without prior intimation.

mycroft(note the lower case m) : There is a sensational story behind the name. Actually, that's a lie. I can't, for the life of me, remember why I chose that particular name. But it, probably, has something to do with a certain Mycroft Holmes(note the upper case m). It sounds pretty sophisticated though.

The avatar is of the one and only Scott McCloud
The guy is a genius. I recommend everyone view his comic My Obsession with Chess. A minor work of art if you ask me.

Can't stop thinking is the name of another one of his comics. Brilliant.

My sig normally contains lyrics from my favourite songs or some random quote. However, I try to stick to the themes of Insanity and Death. I had a fine Latin saying in my sig for a little while... Vulnerant Omnes Ultima Necat - 'Every hour wounds, the last one kills.'

Old 03-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #25
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJeanz
Sig: Line from a Toyah Wilcox song accompanying links to my assorted junk.
:O You never struck me as a Toyah Wilcox person. I'm suprised (mainly that you've even heard of her in america )
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #26
Your average crooner

Risingson: second song in the fantastic "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack. I prefer lots of Blue Lines songs, but their titles are longer

My avatar is from the box of "Out of this world" or "Another world", designed almost entirely by Eric Chahi (who draw the box, by the way). I don't have a signature so far.

EDIT: oh, and above adventure games, my favourite genre is another which has died: shoot'em ups. I was a real master in Air Busters or Aero Fighters.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:59 PM   #27
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Explanation superfluous.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 03-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #28
merely human

You suck at being mysterious, ragsie.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-16-2004, 02:17 PM   #29
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Sucking also superfluous.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 03-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #30
merely human

...um, no comment.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #31
JLC

Send a message via ICQ to GreenJeanz Send a message via AIM to GreenJeanz Send a message via MSN to GreenJeanz Send a message via Yahoo to GreenJeanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
:O You never struck me as a Toyah Wilcox person. I'm suprised (mainly that you've even heard of her in america )
Why would it be a suprise? XD
I don't even remember where I heard of her from, I think reading about 80s musicians..
Old 03-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #32
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
That's how we spell it where I'm from.
They spell it MarKo in Seattle?!?

Man... You live, you learn.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #33
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
The avatar is of the one and only Scott McCloud
The guy is a genius. I recommend everyone view his comic My Obsession with Chess. A minor work of art if you ask me.
No kidding! What a great guy. I read Morning Improv just to keep up with him! The only downside to your avatar is that now I keep thinking Mr. McCloud has developed a love for adventure games

As for me...

Handle: Back from when I MUD'ed as a kid in the pay-per-hour AOL days. I needed a secondary screenname, so I named it after my favorite fantasy profession: the troubadour/bard/minstrel. Unfortunately, AOL's screenname parser was not happy with this choice and forced me to follow it up with a number. Unfortunately again, a single "9" (my favorite number) was also not available, so I slammed in the zero. Somehow I've managed to stick with the darn thing for the last 10 years...

Ben, from Full Throttle. I love the writing and the cinematic quality of the game. The introduction was definately one of the high points in my childhood gaming days.

Caption:
I like to write, but tend to meander when I do it. Pretty obvious.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 PM   #34
Squeaky

Handle:
I used to mock my girlfriend (in the nicest possible way) about her jaundiced skin tone and we ended up deciding it had a "simpson yellow" hue. We've since adopted the name as our hypothetical band name. As we're never likely to actually form that band, I've stolen it for use as my handle.

Caption:
I'm an unapologetic worshipper of Aphex Twin's work. He is our generation's very own Beethoven (except more god-like).

Manuel from Fawlty Towers, an old UK sitcom about a small hotel. Manuel is the hotel dogsbody (waiter, busboy etc) who speaks no English and is frequently abused by his boss - I empathise with him

Sig: Que?
Old 03-17-2004, 01:29 PM   #35
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Username: I just wanted a name that had creatures from Japanese mythology, Tanuki + Kitsune sounds good....
Avatar: It's DJ TJ from Toe Jam and Earl, but I usually change my avatar once a month, so I will change it soon...
Title: Its the rank you have at the start of the game, I WAS going to change it even once in a while until I got to "Funklord", but I got lazy...
Sig: -The "I quest for adventure games" is true, I have practically gone through hell and back to get some adventure games...
(Hasn't someone made a parody of my sig and that Quest game?)
-The second line is well, I'm always worried about something, I'm a nervous guy...
-I recently changed my last sig due to the general chaos and paranoia in my country, its a nice line, though.... A bit gothy but cool non the less...
Old 03-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #36
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
They spell it MarKo in Seattle?!?

Man... You live, you learn.
I'm not FROM Seattle, that's where I live. I'm actually from the Former Yugoslavia. Ah, I miss that place.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 03-17-2004, 03:19 PM   #37
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
I'm not FROM Seattle, that's where I live. I'm actually from the Former Yugoslavia. Ah, I miss that place.
Hah! I was right. I'm always right - sometimes I play stupid on the outside, but I am right on the inside.

Again, it is curious that you would word it in that exact fashion. Which former Yugoslavia? The SFRJ or the newer incarnation that ceased to be Yugoslavia a very short while ago - or are you perhaps talking about the Kingdom of Yugoslavia? insane_cobra is from Zagreb, VoodooFX is from Slovenia and there's this one other guy from those parts...
Old 03-17-2004, 10:17 PM   #38
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Hah! I was right. I'm always right - sometimes I play stupid on the outside, but I am right on the inside.

Again, it is curious that you would word it in that exact fashion. Which former Yugoslavia? The SFRJ or the newer incarnation that ceased to be Yugoslavia a very short while ago - or are you perhaps talking about the Kingdom of Yugoslavia?
Well, I was born in Belgrade, in SFRJ. I left the country 5 years ago, when it was called SRJ (the most recent Yugoslavia). The name Serbia & Montenegro still doesn't sit with me too well... I guess I'm nostalgic. I do often say I'm from Serbia, (as in my user profile) but never think of that as excluding SFRJ as my place of origin. I also said "former Yugoslavia", because it was a multiethnic country (an ideal I miss), and I wanted to accent my multiethnic identity, in keeping with my "greco-roman" title, which is indicative of an aspect of my genetic makeup. I am half Serbian, though. If I ever wanted to decide on an actual ethnicity to call myself, I'd say I'm Serbian.
Quote:
insane_cobra is from Zagreb, VoodooFX is from Slovenia and there's this one other guy from those parts...
Really? That's cool--someone to talk ...Serbo-Croatian (?) with? When I used to frequent here under the name Marko, like 3 or 4 years ago ( I recently reactivated the name, but for some reason it didn't work...) there was a guy called Igor around, also from Slovenia, but I didn't get to talk to him much.

Also, funny story--there's a lot of Bosnian immigrants to Sweden, so there was a bunch of Swedes around here who knew a couple of S-C profanities... Let's just say Peder isn't as popular a name for Swedish boys anymore . I'll leave that one with you to figure out...
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 03-17-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:40 AM   #39
rock star

Send a message via ICQ to myhrik Send a message via MSN to myhrik

Nickname: Well, myhrik is a play on my real name Eirik Myhr. I use it on almost all forums. Go figure.

Title: Well, I AM a freakin' rock star goddammit.

Avatar: Oh, but it's Kyro - the fish from the front cover on my solo album, which never seems to get finished! Oh, but it will. In a few weeks, actually. This fish was present in an aquarium in the studio I recorded the album during the entire process, until he saw his last days in a toilet this Christmas. Thereby the album - called "Remembering Kyro" - is dedicated to him. I will add a small toilet flush sample at the very end of the album as a tribute to Kyro's legacy.

Sig: Well, I have to brag and spam a bit about ForeverDream, too, right? As for the quote - it's something Jussi said to me in an MSN conversation where he seemed to be typing in a real hurry!!

"You've just gottta live with ushing the deadlies." -deadworm222
Old 03-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #40

Quote:
When I used to frequent here under the name Marko, like 3 or 4 years ago
wasn't planning to reply to anything else here ... but ... MARKO!!! Polo, remember that? Scoot over to this thread and see if you want to resume contact after so long