Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Rate my avatar, nick & signature game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/24156-rate-my-avatar-nick-signature-game.html)

Rex Nebular 03-01-2009 08:40 AM

Rate my avatar, nick & signature game

That's it. The one who posts must "rate" on a scale of one to ten the one who posted before. like this:

A: x (why)
N: x (why)
S: x (why)
UT: x (why)

cya...

If you don't know what does the avatar, nick or signature means, you can answer "-" or "don't know" or "..."

EDIT ; Helpful guide

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lustration.jpg

A signature is a piece of text that automatically appears after every post by an individual. Not everyone has one but if they do it will be preceded by a short line (see below)

undeaf 03-01-2009 09:42 AM

You forgot the user title.

Squinky 03-01-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Nebular (Post 498268)
...the guy who posted before...

Is this one of those "no girls allowed" threads?

Lee in Limbo 03-01-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 498276)
Is this one of those "no girls allowed" threads?

I don't know, but if there are no girls allowed, I'm leaving.

Rex Nebular 03-01-2009 10:03 AM

both problems fixed

tsa 03-01-2009 01:13 PM

OK, I'll start:

Avvie: 5. It's a funny picture but I like to see something you made yourself.
Nick: 9. "Royal cloudiness in the urine." Hilarious! :)
Signature: Don't know. I haven't played any of the games you covered.
User Title: Don't know. What's Coktel vision?

Jazhara7 03-01-2009 01:42 PM

Avatar: 10. No one can beat a cute bunny like Annabel...but I'd like to see something you made yourself. (Actually, scratch that. Flesh golems are yucky. :crazy: )
Nick: It's a name...but what does it mean, tsa? :frown:
Signature: ...or lack thereof...
User Title: 8. With extra fluff-atrons. ^_^

(Coktel Vision is a french adventure game maker, which later became a subsidiary of Sierra On-line. They are the ones that made the Goblins series (That's Blount from Goblins 3 in Rex' avatar), as well as "Lost in Time", and "The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble [of Azymuth]".)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hammerite 03-01-2009 01:45 PM

tsa
Nick - 5. I don't quite know what it means: I'm assuming it's your initials.
Sig - N/A. Doesn't exist!
User title - 9. I picture your avatar brandishing a sword and shield, which makes me laugh.

jaz
Avatar - 7. It's nice, but I don't equate it with you yet like I did the previous ones.
Nick - 8. I'm not entirelt sure what it means, but it's a good name.
Signature - 10. Funny!
User title - 6. I'll get the ale soon, I promise!!

Giligan 03-01-2009 06:55 PM

Hammerite:

Avatar: 8. I don't know what it's from, but I can't help but laugh when I look at it.
Nick: What's a nick? :P
Signature: 5. You know, it's okay, but I've seen better.
User title: 9. I've only heard bad things about MC Hammer but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

tsa 03-01-2009 08:53 PM

I got the name tsa from our system administrator when I started work at the University in 1995. It's three letters from my family name.

stepurhan 03-02-2009 09:43 AM

For clarity (I've added this as a helpful guide to the original post as well)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lustration.jpg

A signature is a piece of text that automatically appears after every post by an individual. Not everyone has one but if they do it will be preceded by a short line (see below)

stepurhan 03-02-2009 09:51 AM

I had better do Giligan I suppose (separate post so the signature guide still works)

Nick : 4 - Spelling counts dear boy. :P
Avatar : 8 - At least the picture is right.
User Title : 6 - Risky. You get people evolving all over the place who knows what they will turn into.
Signature : N/A - Pithy Gilligan quote for future maybe?

undeaf 03-02-2009 10:48 AM

Stepurhan
Nick - 8.5 - well, it sounds like an actual name, though I can't decide if it sounds like a first name or last name. It's abbreviatable to "stephie"...
Avatar - 6.5 - it's a little static, it could be swapped with another one along the same lines that's not exactly the same
User Title - 9 - doubly informative, can't fault that
Signature - 6.5 - personally, I don't particularly like signatures or reading most poetry. I don't actually dislike them, they just don't catch my attention all that much... but I'm sure it would be much more interesting to hear an elocution of it. The signature might be more prominent with a different font.

Hammerite 03-02-2009 11:00 AM

Avatar - 10. Headphones bird!!! :D
Nick - 9. It's a good and memorable pun.
User title - N/A as it's the default.
Signature - N/A as it doesn't exist.

Squinky 03-02-2009 11:08 AM

Hammerite
Avatar: I didn't figure out what it actually was until I gave it a close look. I give it seven helmets.
Nick: Very cute and lends itself well to even more cutesy forms, such as Hammykins and Hamlet. I give it eight talking skulls.
Signature: Sounds like it could be from an adventure game, but it is, I'm not sure which. In either case, I give it nine dead cats.
User Title: Doesn't do much for me. Maybe it has something to do with the avatar? Five trombones.

undeaf 03-02-2009 11:13 AM

Hamlet has overlooked something. (and I don't mean my nickname being unabbreviatable and with a distant and unsocial tone)

Fantasysci5 03-02-2009 11:32 AM

Undeaf

Avatar: 7-Very original, although I would like to see some color with it. Did you draw it? :)

Nick: 9-Very original, too. Makes my mind wonder. ;)

User Title: N/A Default

Sig: N/A None

(And I know mine aren't that original...:frown:)

tsa 03-02-2009 12:08 PM

Squinky

Avatar: very cute and artsy. I give it 9 points.
Nick: there are quite a lot of Squikies to be found on the Interweb, even male ones. So, not very original, but it fits you. 7 points.
Signature: difficult. It seems like a variation of the "1 + 1 = 3" joke. But it is true. & points.
User Title: funny but are you really that feministic? 45555555555555555fg <- Annabel seems to go for 5 points but I'll give you 7. I wonder what Annabel meant with 'fg.' F*** good? Annabel certainly is hairy-legged, so she may have a better view on things than me in that department.

Fantasie

Avvie: it fits you nicely but I'd rather see something you made yourself. 7 points.

Nick: I don't know what to make of it. You like Fantasy and SciFi? 5 points.

Signature: What to make of it... Sorry Fantasie, I think it's quite unoriginal and I have to give you 4 points. :(

User Title: That's a good one. 8 points because it begs the question: are you supernatural and do you love games, or do you love supernatural games?

tsa 03-02-2009 12:10 PM

About signatures: in your user CP you can set them to not be displayed. But the signature is also in the public profile. So if you think there's no signature first check the public profile! Maybe you have the displaying of signatures switched off.

Jazhara7 03-02-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 498467)
About signatures: in your user CP you can set them to not be displayed. But the signature is also in the public profile. So if you think there's no signature first check the public profile! Maybe you have the displaying of signatures switched off.

Here I was hoping you only had the signature display switched off...

- :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: