Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Red Dwarf discussion (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/24076-red-dwarf-discussion.html)

Fantasysci5 02-13-2009 12:02 PM

Red Dwarf discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychocandy (Post 496034)
The "Future Echoes" episode of Red Dwarf

OMG!!!!! Someone else knows of Red Dwarf besides myself?!?!?! :crazy: :D *shock gasp horror faints*

Psychocandy 02-14-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 496051)
OMG!!!!! Someone else knows of Red Dwarf besides myself?!?!?! :crazy: :D *shock gasp horror faints*

Naturally, it's one of my favourites - good to see another dwarfer around here! :D

Fantasysci5 02-14-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 496205)
I have had photos taken with Lister, the Cat and Kryten! [/smug boasting]

*drops* OMG, no way!!!! *bows and worships both Hammerite and Psycho* Oh, my! I thought I ws the only one, especially in the US!!! I freakin' LOVE Red Dwarf, it's my favorite tv show!!! Hammerite-you're my new best friend. Especially since your location says 'over there'...do you mean over the pond in Britain?! lol Oh, I'm serious; you're my new best friend. I lvoe you guys! OMG...Rimmer=love. lol Sorry, I was jsut way excited to see fellow smeghead Dwarfers!!! ;)

therabidfrog 02-16-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 496051)

Lol I used to watch that on PBS. At midnight it was Monty Pythons Flying Circus, and after that was Red Dwarf.

Fantasysci5 02-16-2009 08:28 AM

I watched it on PBS, too!! lol

Hmm...Did Melanie make this thread? Because I didn't. lol

Melanie68 02-16-2009 08:53 AM

I moved the posts from the General thread here.

therabidfrog 02-16-2009 08:57 AM

Yeah it used to drive me nuts when PBS wouldn't get the rights to certain series till later on. So you would get to a certain point in Red Dwarf on the edge to see what happens next, and then the next night you're back to episode one series one.

Giligan 02-16-2009 10:39 AM

I love Red Dwarf. Definitely one of my favorite book series. I've only seen the first series of the TV show, but it was good.

Hammerite 02-16-2009 10:53 AM

I like the first two series, but I think it really starts to get going with series 3.

Lucien21 02-16-2009 11:26 AM

I loved Red Dwarf. The earlier seasons were the best.

I'm looking forward to the new 2 part episode special coming soon.

Smeeeeeeg Heeeaaad.

Fantasysci5 02-16-2009 11:36 AM

Exactly!!!

Bidfrog-I know!!! I only saw the first 2 seasons, which I absoultely love, and that was it. But then I started to buy the seasons and caught up! ;) lol My mom taped all of it till the end of the 5th season, but then she didn't like the rest of it, so she didn't tape it. lol

Giligan-I definetely love the books!! They have the same ideas as the show, but tackle it so differently!! I'd let you borrow the series if you lived semi-near me. :P

Lady Kestrel 02-16-2009 03:13 PM

Oh, I love Red Dwarf, too! Their spoofs of other sci-fi shows are hysterical. I have the episodes on VHS and will sometimes do a RD marathon. The cast is terrific, but I especially love Danny John-Jules as Cat. "Oooowww! That's mine, that's mine, this is mine!"

Fantasysci5 02-17-2009 11:30 AM

Danny John-Jules was amazing, and such a dancer!! But come on, Chris Barrie!!! How can that man pull of Smeghead to a tee, but still come off as slightly lovable sometimes. ;) They all were pretty awesome. And they ahd some famous people now trying to work with the show. In the 5th series, they had a guest on who is now a main character in "Harry Potter" as Peter Petigrew, and Lister's friend Peterson is none other than Mr. Weasley!!!

And Alan Rickman (Snape) and Hugh Laurie (House) auditioned to be on the show. ;) How are all of the guests on "Red Dwarf" more famous now than the cast!!! lol :P

Fantasysci5 02-17-2009 02:08 PM

Hey people. Guess what? Read this link and marvel and weep like I did...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7851989.stm

I SO want to watch this!!! I would do anything, it's my dream to see the show ressurected. But I live in the US, and won't be able to see it. :( Is there anybody living in the UK who could possibly tape it for me, and I would even pay for the shipping and stuff maybe? :'(

Lucien21 02-18-2009 10:45 AM

*Cough* *Cough*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 496569)
I loved Red Dwarf. The earlier seasons were the best.

I'm looking forward to the new 2 part episode special coming soon.

Smeeeeeeg Heeeaaad.

Fantasysci5 02-18-2009 10:57 AM

hahaha My bad, Lucien. :o I SO wish I could see it in the US! Do you know a way I could see it? Streaming online, something?! lol

Lucien21 02-18-2009 01:07 PM

It probably will be online soon after it's broadcast.

Hammerite 02-18-2009 02:01 PM

It certainly won't be on BBC's iPlayer, because - for some completely stupid reason - they're showing it on 'Dave', which is a channel that usually exclusively shows re-runs of BBC comedy programmes.

Lucien21 02-18-2009 09:56 PM

I didn't mean legally :)

Hammerite 02-19-2009 12:59 AM

*gasp!!!*

Crime!?!