You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Second Degree Black Belt

Default My Students

Hey everyone, I hope all is well with you all. I have been so busy the last few weeks.... oh me.... I've been busier then a one legged man in a butt kicking contest....teehee

Anyway as you all know we started our project of "Around the world". We decided to start in Cananda.... so this is the home of Trunko. So thank you Trunko and I will be sending out a thank you card from the kids by the end of the week.

By the way the books you sent where so great but their favorite was "Good Families don't" I have read that book so many times in the last two weeks I think I could read it from memory.

I hope you ALL enjoy thne pics of my kids and thier art work of the Cadadian flag. Today we moved across the ocean to London, England (Steps home).

So please enjoy the pics - click on the link....let me know if the link does not work

kisses to you all

http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/piglet30223/

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
tsa
Playing character

Some of those flags look really cool! Thanks for sharing Bullsie. I hope you will post pictures for every country!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 AM   #3
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Some of those flags look really cool! Thanks for sharing Bullsie. I hope you will post pictures for every country!
Oh thank you sweetie......and yes I plan to post our art from every country. We started on London, England yesterday and the kids did pretty good on the flag as well. Englands flag was a little harder for the kids but I told them to do their best and it will look great.

Step sent me some cook books and the kids and I looked through them and we picked a smoothie made from some of the fruit that it suggested.... the kids had two glasses of the yummy soothies

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hi bulldog!

Wow, you started with Canada? That's great! Those photos of the kids' flags are really nice! It's not easy for young kids (even Canadian ones! ) to draw that maple leaf!

Good Families Don't, a.k.a the "fart book" is one of my favourite Munsch stories.

And is that little Olivia in the first pic, btw? She looks adorable!

Oops, gotta get back to work now... except there's a fart sitting on my desk!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Lazy Bee

This is such a cool project Bulldog! I love the Canadian flags.

And I can't wait until you "come" to Sweden.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

The flags by the kids are so adorable. And having already drawn the Canadian and the UK flag, I can't shake the feeling the kids will feel terribly underchallenged with the German flag. (By the way, I just realised one thing you can say about the German flag. I am not sure if I mentioned it in my letter, so I'm going to say it here: The German flag is called "Black-Red-Gold", not "Black-Red-Yellow". The colours might be the latter, but the *NAME* is "Black-Red-Gold". Calling it "Black-Red-Yellow" is considered an offence since it was in the past often used to ridicule the flag [also during the Nazi times, when they reverted to the old Red White and Black colour scheme]. Just a bit of trivia you can tell the kids [though I guess you might want to leave out the Nazi bit. Not saying that they should never learn about that, but I think they might be a wee bit young for that yet.].).

I think I might actually have mentioned the correct name in the letter, actually...but just making sure here.

Can't wait to see them reach Germany. ^_^ Home of possibly the largest variety of bread types available (500-600 different types, though some say it's at least 1000)! ...Darn, I just realised I should have sent you a "Bernd das Brot" ["Bernd the Bread"] Plushie too. But now it's too late, right? (Why do I only get these great ideas after I've sent my stuff ages ago. )

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 01-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Hi bulldog!

Wow, you started with Canada? That's great! Those photos of the kids' flags are really nice! It's not easy for young kids (even Canadian ones! ) to draw that maple leaf!

Good Families Don't, a.k.a the "fart book" is one of my favourite Munsch stories.

And is that little Olivia in the first pic, btw? She looks adorable!

Oops, gotta get back to work now... except there's a fart sitting on my desk!

Hey Trunk...... We started with Canada for a couple of reasons. One b/c it is close to the United States and second b/c the kids heard that you sent candy and that is the box they wanted to start with (of course).

Oh yeah that is Olivia.... I have more pics of the girls that I will post for you all. Do you know that she will be a year old in a month.... wow.

By the way the fart monster book was my favorite too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
This is such a cool project Bulldog! I love the Canadian flags.

And I can't wait until you "come" to Sweden.
Thanks Jelena..... we will be "visiting" Sweden in about a week and a half. THis was a short week for us so we will stay with London for next week as well. So that the kids get to "see" everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
The flags by the kids are so adorable. And having already drawn the Canadian and the UK flag, I can't shake the feeling the kids will feel terribly underchallenged with the German flag. (By the way, I just realised one thing you can say about the German flag. I am not sure if I mentioned it in my letter, so I'm going to say it here: The German flag is called "Black-Red-Gold", not "Black-Red-Yellow". The colours might be the latter, but the *NAME* is "Black-Red-Gold". Calling it "Black-Red-Yellow" is considered an offence since it was in the past often used to ridicule the flag [also during the Nazi times, when they reverted to the old Red White and Black colour scheme]. Just a bit of trivia you can tell the kids [though I guess you might want to leave out the Nazi bit. Not saying that they should never learn about that, but I think they might be a wee bit young for that yet.].).

I think I might actually have mentioned the correct name in the letter, actually...but just making sure here.

Can't wait to see them reach Germany. ^_^ Home of possibly the largest variety of bread types available (500-600 different types, though some say it's at least 1000)! ...Darn, I just realised I should have sent you a "Bernd das Brot" ["Bernd the Bread"] Plushie too. But now it's too late, right? (Why do I only get these great ideas after I've sent my stuff ages ago. )

-
Hey Jaz.... it is never to late to send goodies for the kids, what ever you would like to send would be so great. The kids are so excitied that you all cared so much to send these cool things to them.

Thank you for the info on your flag, that is the last thing that I would want to do, is insult someones flag or their country.

****Also by the way .... to everyone***** Once we complete studing your country The kids and I will be sending you al thank you card for all of your hard work. Inside the kids will have written their name for you to see.

THanks again for helping us learn so much about your countries

Hugs and kisses to you all

Old 01-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #8
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Today we moved across the ocean to London, England (Steps home).
Well, you're right about the England part but I'm pretty sure I don't live in London.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Well, you're right about the England part but I'm pretty sure I don't live in London.
teehee.... I know but a large picture for the kids is easier for them to understand. I think that you will enjoy their drawings. I will be taking pics on Monday.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
Second Degree Black Belt

Hi all.... here are the pics of England. The kids drew the British flag. And they drew double decker buses.

We are also going to make a "passport" for the kids. Once we finish a country then the kids will color the county's flag and glue it in their passport.

I will take a picture of a completed one once we have visited everyone.

Alright Jelena.... we will in Sweden next week. We are going to talk about England this week (b/c last week was short for us) then we will be off to visit Jelena.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures.... I think the kids did great.

http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/piglet30223/

Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

The new photos are wonderful too! The kids are becoming real experts in drawing flags, aren't they???

I just hope I didn't confuse the children too much with the postcard of the double decker bus from my London vs. the ones from "real" London! ("Ms. Kim, how come there's a London in England too??!")
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
tsa
Playing character

An abstract concept like a flag seems to be much harder for the kids to understand than a double decker bus. Some of those flags look really interesting! I can't wait 'til the kids get to the Netherlands!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #13
Freeware Co-ordinator

Ah. Yummy Pasty.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #14

bullsie, could you PM me your adress again? Then I can send you one of the more weird cult plush toys of Germany (only the Dönertier plush toy is more weird.).

-

Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunky
The new photos are wonderful too! The kids are becoming real experts in drawing flags, aren't they???

I just hope I didn't confuse the children too much with the postcard of the double decker bus from my London vs. the ones from "real" London! ("Ms. Kim, how come there's a London in England too??!")
Ha,Ha.... tell you truth the kids never amde the connection about the buses. But for the most part as long as the kids see a picture the can "try" and copy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
An abstract concept like a flag seems to be much harder for the kids to understand than a double decker bus. Some of those flags look really interesting! I can't wait 'til the kids get to the Netherlands!
Yes the kids are very excitied about their journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Ah. Yummy Pasty.
The kids are very concerned about what all is put into the pastry. I told them just about anything can be put into the pastry for a yummy snack or a yummy dinner.We are going to try and make a yummy pastr, but I think we will put something sweet in ours

Old 01-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
The kids are very concerned about what all is put into the pastry. I told them just about anything can be put into the pastry for a yummy snack or a yummy dinner.We are going to try and make a yummy pastr, but I think we will put something sweet in ours

Literally.

-

Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
teehee.... I have a little boy in my class that his family (really does make Squirrel stew). But I guess if that is all you have *shrug* but still *yuck*

Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
Creepy Father Figure

Squirrel is great smothered or wrapped in bacon. I found some great recipes here
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I just quickly scrolled past that, and I thought it said "Squinky is great smothered or wrapped in bacon," and I was all "huh?"
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Squirrel is great smothered or wrapped in bacon. I found some great recipes here
That is just creepy....*shutters*

(secretly likes the site)