You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Yeah you are very right…. I normally wouldn’t have done that, but I was being lazy, b/c I’ve been sick…..once I come home from the hospital on Tuesday, I will tell you all about it, but don’t worry. Anyway, you are so right about the address, I won’t do that again. Thank you for being concerned about me.
Poor Bullsie, what happened? Hospital sounds scary. And you have internet in your hospital? We don't have that here in NL, at least I have never seen it, and I see hospitals quite often from the inside.

By the way, you can still edit your post and delete the address.

Quote:
Thank you all so much for thinking of my students and helping us on this great big project. Once everything is finished I’m going to take some pics and post them you all.

*hugs for all*
You're welcome. But why don't you take pics during the project, for instance while you try out one of the recipes we sent you? That would be cool!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:41 AM   #22
Lazy Bee

Quote:
once I come home from the hospital on Tuesday, I will tell you all about it, but don’t worry. Anyway, you are so right about the address, I won’t do that again. Thank you for being concerned about me.
Oh dear, I hope you're OK. As OK one can be while in hospital.
I'll be thinking of you, sending positive energy your way Bullsie. *hugs*
Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Poor Bullsie, what happened? Hospital sounds scary. And you have internet in your hospital? We don't have that here in NL, at least I have never seen it, and I see hospitals quite often from the inside.

By the way, you can still edit your post and delete the address.

You're welcome. But why don't you take pics during the project, for instance while you try out one of the recipes we sent you? That would be cool!
tsa, someone took out the address for me.... who ever did thank you.

Yes i will be taking pics of the kids cooking and things like that. I love the expressions on their faces when they try something new.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #24
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Oh dear, I hope you're OK. As OK one can be while in hospital.
I'll be thinking of you, sending positive energy your way Bullsie. *hugs*
Right now I'm going for an ultra sound but I will know more on Tuesday. But not to worry everything is fine for now.

Big hugs and kisses

Thank you for the thoughts

Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
tsa
Playing character

We think of you Bullsie! Hang in there. (((bulldog)))
Old 10-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #26
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

As it happens, something *did* go wrong, and I didn't send the package off today. What went wrong is my dog eating one of those little condensed milk cups that people pour into their coffee. My mother called my sister who is a vet, who said we had to bring him to the Vet in our town to make him puke, as otherwise the milk cup might cause a closure of the intestine which would not be good.

So, basically, we spent the time at the vet. But don't worry, I will send off the package tomorrow.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #27
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
As it happens, something *did* go wrong, and I didn't send the package off today. What went wrong is my dog eating one of those little condensed milk cups that people pour into their coffee. My mother called my sister who is a vet, who said we had to bring him to the Vet in our town to make him puke, as otherwise the milk cup might cause a closure of the intestine which would not be good.

So, basically, we spent the time at the vet. But don't worry, I will send off the package tomorrow.

-
Oh Jaz that is to bad, is your dog ok? I never though that those little things of milk would hurt a dog. I know that they cant have chocolate and things like that. I hope that your dog is ok.

kisses to your dog

Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post

-
That sounds like something my dog would do. Bulldog, the worst the milk would do is maybe result in diarrhea (depending on how much was ingested). Like Jaz said, it's the cup that may be the problem. Although, I remember a dog when I was in practice, a Great Dane puppy 9 months of age, who rifled in his owner's laundry and ate a pair of his underwear. They decided to just let it pass through since the dog was so big. When he finally pooped out the underwear, we all laughed as they were a pair of paisley print briefs. The dog did perfectly fine after.

I also remember the dog that swallowed a bra, whole. We definitely made him vomit it up as it would surely have gotten stuck at some point.

Foreign body stories are always interesting (except when they turn out sadly for the dog or cat).
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Oh Jaz that is to bad, is your dog ok? I never though that those little things of milk would hurt a dog. I know that they cant have chocolate and things like that. I hope that your dog is ok.

kisses to your dog
Thank you bulldog, my dog is fine again. The milk thingie was empty as he had fished it out of the paper basket. And we were unable to extract it from his jaws - that's one thing he is very touchy about. Whenever he finds something it's his catch, and he'll even snap at us defensively (not actually biting, just snarling and snapping at the hand long enough for it to go away. He's not actively attacking), so we have to make a trade by giving him something real to eat instead. But this time we weren't fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
That sounds like something my dog would do. Bulldog, the worst the milk would do is maybe result in diarrhea (depending on how much was ingested). Like Jaz said, it's the cup that may be the problem. Although, I remember a dog when I was in practice, a Great Dane puppy 9 months of age, who rifled in his owner's laundry and ate a pair of his underwear. They decided to just let it pass through since the dog was so big. When he finally pooped out the underwear, we all laughed as they were a pair of paisley print briefs. The dog did perfectly fine after.

I also remember the dog that swallowed a bra, whole. We definitely made him vomit it up as it would surely have gotten stuck at some point.

Foreign body stories are always interesting (except when they turn out sadly for the dog or cat).

I read a thread about "Stupid things customers said" over at the WoW forums (I'm not playing that game, by the way, but I came across this thread anyway). There also were some Vets posting there, which started mentioning what kind of things they've found inside dogs already. There was one who also found panties in a dog before. Also, another thing he found really made me laugh: The dog had swallowed a bottle of Gorilla Glue, which expanded in the stomach and hardened - what they ended up getting out of the dog was a perfect cast of the stomach and esophagus!

-

Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #30

Okay, instead of yesterday, the package went out today. It should arrive with you in about 5 days. I included a little extra, which I'm sure the kids will love to look at.

Also, the reason why it didn't go out today was because apparently the post center has conspired against me and had a employee meeting yesterday, and was closed due to that. And of course the mail station at university only has open until 3 in the afternoon, so I didn't make it there on time. >_< So instead I made a trip to the post office this morning, and amazingly, everything went according to plan. Like I said, according to the mail guy, the parcel should arrive in 4 or 5 days. I hope that will be enough time.

-

Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #31
Second Degree Black Belt

I'm glad to hear that your dog is doing well Jaz. Thank you so much for going through all that trouble for the kids and me, we really appreciate it.

On another note, I wanted to tell everyone that I have been ill for a few weeks now and I wasn't really sure what it was. I went to the doctor and I thought that it was the stomach flu..... Well I was WRONG. A couple of years a ago I found out that I have a gall blatter stone.... and the doctor told me that I needed to stay away from fatty food and things like that and all will be right with the world. So I thought.... When I got sick and thinking it was the flu I tried to wait it out. Once I got over the bug or what I thought to be a bug I went back to work, and I got violently ill this time, so much that I thought I needed to go to the ER. So I went to the doctor the next day and told him what had happened and what had been going on. He told me that my gall blatter had a stone.... I laughed and I said no kidding, I know that, and by the way I have kidney stones in both kidneys as well. The doctor kind’ a laughed and said" Well Kim you are just full of rocks". I laughed and he said well in that case your gall blatter is infected and if you don't take these antibiotics your gall blatter will go septic. So needless to say I took the antibiotics for a week and all was right with the world, until I finished the regimen. I went back tot he doctor on Monday and he said well what you want to do now..... I said take it out. So I went Tuesday for an ultrasound and the tech was looking at the blood vessels and she said it looked ok, so I will get those test results next week. So needless to say its kind’ a little thing now but it could develop into something bad, if my gall blatter decides to go septic. But at any rate I am fine at this point, but If you all could keep my in your prayers that would be great.

Kisses to all

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #32
tsa
Playing character

Scary story, Rock Lady! I don't pray but I will send stone-breaking waves your way!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 AM   #33
Lazy Bee

Bulldog, you rock!

Actually my brother-in-law had to remove his gall bladder a couple of days ago after a horrible pain attack. (he also knew that he had rocks in there) As he came into the ER it turned out it was infected as well so he went on the emergency list to get it removed. Everything went well and he's now recovering accordingly fussed over by my sister-in-law.

Since I don't pray I'll be thinking of you sending positive energy your way Bulldog.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #34
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Scary story, Rock Lady! I don't pray but I will send stone-breaking waves your way!
Teehee..... rock lady.... my sister-n-law tells me that I'm crusty on the out side will now I'm rocky on the inside as well. Thank you for the thoughts.

Quote:
Bulldog, you rock!

Actually my brother-in-law had to remove his gall bladder a couple of days ago after a horrible pain attack. (he also knew that he had rocks in there) As he came into the ER it turned out it was infected as well so he went on the emergency list to get it removed. Everything went well and he's now recovering accordingly fussed over by my sister-in-law.

Since I don't pray I'll be thinking of you sending positive energy your way Bulldog.
Quote:
Bulldog, you rock!
Teehee

I'm glad to hear that your brother-n-law is doing great. I know the pain that he is going through, the docotrs have me on Vicodin 4 times daily for pain, until they get the results and know how to move forward. Right now I'm only using it once a day in the evenings for pain. And I'm very warn down physcially.

Thank you for the postive energy.

Kisses to all

Old 10-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #35
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

My thoughts are with you every day, bulldog. I hope the ultrasound results won't show anything too serious...

Coincidentally, my uncle also became violently ill a few weeks ago while at work and had to go to the emergency room. At first, the doctors thought there was something wrong with his gall bladder, but it turned out he was developing a milder form of diabetes. They advised him not to drive anymore, so now he takes the bus to work every day.

About my box o' Canuck stuff, I'm probably going to have to leave out or switch a few items (maps and brochures mostly), as they might make the box too heavy! Don't worry, I did include a few more hilarious Robert Munsch books to read aloud (please ask me about this! ) and you'll still get the big bag of Smarties!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #36
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
My thoughts are with you every day, bulldog. I hope the ultrasound results won't show anything too serious...

Coincidentally, my uncle also became violently ill a few weeks ago while at work and had to go to the emergency room. At first, the doctors thought there was something wrong with his gall bladder, but it turned out he was developing a milder form of diabetes. They advised him not to drive anymore, so now he takes the bus to work every day.
Thank you so much for your thoughts. I'm soory about your Uncle, is he able to take meds for his diabetes? I hope things work out for him.

Quote:
I did include a few more hilarious Robert Munsch books to read aloud (please ask me about this! )
So tell me about these book. I would like to hear more about them

Old 11-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Quote:
Thank you so much for your thoughts. I'm soory about your Uncle, is he able to take meds for his diabetes? I hope things work out for him.
He's doing fine now, I think for now he's just taking pills and watching his diet. Thanks for your concern.

Quote:
So tell me about these book. I would like to hear more about them
As I mentioned before, Robert Munsch is very well known and loved by Canadian kids (and if you recall, he was actually born in the U.S. but has lived in Canada for over 30 years). The titles I'm sending you, all classics, range from charming and sentimental to downright wacky! They're all meant to be good fun, but you might want to read them yourself first as some of them include words that might be considered "taboo" by your school board.
("Ms. Kim just read us stories about peeing and fart monsters!!!" )

Love You Forever - Parents' love for their children over the years and across generations, brings tears to some people's eyes, others think it's extremely corny, you decide.
I Have to Go! - Parents constantly checking to see if their young son needs to go to the bathroom... you can probably identify with this!
Good Families Don't - A girl encounters an "unwelcome visitor" on her bed.
Something Good - A family's grocery shopping trip turns silly.
Pigs - A farmgirl's irresponsible behaviour results in a chaotic pig rampage (if you look closely at the picture where the pigs are in the principal's office, you'll notice one of the pigs eating a copy of I Have to Go! )

And sorry to say, I probably won't be sending Dennis Lee's Alligator Pie or Garbage Delight... For Canadian classics, they're a bit hard to find right now (cheaply, that is), no idea why. A school in California however, posted a copy of the Alligator Pie poem online.

I hope you'll enjoy the books!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #38
Second Degree Black Belt

Thanks bunches Trunk

Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #39
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Love You Forever - Parents' love for their children over the years and across generations, brings tears to some people's eyes, others think it's extremely corny, you decide.
I Have to Go! - Parents constantly checking to see if their young son needs to go to the bathroom... you can probably identify with this!
Good Families Don't - A girl encounters an "unwelcome visitor" on her bed.
Something Good - A family's grocery shopping trip turns silly.
Pigs - A farmgirl's irresponsible behaviour results in a chaotic pig rampage (if you look closely at the picture where the pigs are in the principal's office, you'll notice one of the pigs eating a copy of I Have to Go! )
Squinky hearts Robert Munsch. Though she is also outraged that you neglected to include The Paper Bag Princess, which was her all-time favourite.