You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Super Made-Up Adventure Game Scenario Hour!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 AM   #41
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It's the day of an important clinical medicine test, and you're standing outside the hall with the three other candidates, five minutes before the test is due to start. This particular written test is extremely important for you, because your success in getting the job that you're applying for requires you to get over eighty per cent on the test, and to beat the other candidates. There's a problem, though... you don't know anything about clinical medicine.

The other candidates consist of:

- A bespectacled geek, who's busy reading a book on quantum mechanics ("Since I already know everything about medicine!").

- A slightly drippy-looking woman with braces, who is dressed in a pink princess outfit and playing with a toy pony despite clearly being in her early thirties ("Aren't you a key-oot little pony-wony?!").

- A proud, headstrong woman with a solid level of medical knowledge and good social skills, who just happens to be your sister ("Um... what are you doing here?").

Items you can take into the test room with you: A stethoscope, one of those hammers that doctors use to tap knees, a white coat, an engraved fountain pen (full of permanent ink).

Items that must be left outside the room: Your mobile phone, a copy of Medicine for Dummies, a dog-eared copy of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, no tea.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #42
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Okay, scrub most of that... way to convoluted. Find a way to get rid of one of them.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 AM   #43
Freeware Co-ordinator

Spray little pony toy with permanent ink. (Scratch number one as she goes nuts over key-oot little pony-wony)

Whilst drippy-looking woman has hysterics, distracting the other two candidates, swop the geek's quantum mechanics book with Hitchhiker's Guide. Say loudly. "I really struggled with the application of the Infinite Improbability Drive to clinical medicine. I can't believe they put that on the syllabus at the last minute" Enjoy sight of geek panicing and flipping through H2G2. (Scratch number two)

Open up picture section of mobile phone. Casually mention to sister you are seeing her boyfriend for a pint afterwards. Casually ask her if she has something else to do now as you show her incriminating picture she doesn't want bf to see (you know the one) (Scratch number three)

Go into test room. Still completely flunk at the test but get given 80% by examiner because they are too embarassed to have no passing candidates otherwise.

Get graduation picture taken in white coat.

Drink no tea to celebrate.

Get arrested for possession of objects likely to be used in a terrorist act (stethoscopes are used to check for guards before entering defence facilities. Hammers are used for knocking out the guards you didn't hear with the stethoscope)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #44
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Congratulations, Mr step!

Even if you do win by default, that's a good solution, so it's a well-deserved victory . Your turn, and I shall remember, if I ever get another shot at this, to produce a much, much simpler idea.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #45
Freeware Co-ordinator

I forgot to use one of the items. Medicine for Dummies is, of course, used to work out where to hit guards with the hammer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You've been suffering from a bad bout of the AGers disease, Uncontrollable Cutscenitis. This has resulted in you travelling to a remote island with a mysterious French woman who is convinced you are going to help her find her missing brother. Your Uncontrollable Cutscenitis allowed you to temporarily speak French, a skill that has now completely deserted you.

You are stood on the edge of a volcano crater with said woman who told you (when you could speak French) her brother is inside. Obviously you didn't tell anyone where you are going. You have, however, acquired a number of items on the way for no good reason you can think of.

Find a way to get home. Rescuing brother as well is optional but will earn extra credit.

You have : A 50 foot rope strong enough to carry one person only, 20 strangely-shaped stone coins, 3 bananas, A bucket of water (which inexplicably won't spill until you use it yourself), A cutting-edge mobile phone (receiving no signal at the moment), A gold monkey statue, A lump of cheddar.

You are wearing : Your pajamas (you were ill in bed when this started), A fedora, Two lais (garlands of flowers)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree