Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Game Trading Thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/22126-adventure-game-trading-thread.html)

tsa 03-24-2008 07:08 PM

Ok.

MystGirl 03-24-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit (Post 463574)
[sarcasm] So MacOS isn't allowed? [/sarcasm]

Hmm... I'm not sure what games I would be able to trade. I can only think of two right now that I don't play and don't want to, but I have to check with my brother about them.

Of course silly. List all the Mac OS games ya want. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 463584)
Looks interesting. Anything in my list that you'd like in return?

You have Schizm??? Me want. Journey To the Center Of The Earth for Schizm? (I haven't mailed your other stuff yet) Let me know! :)

MystGirl 03-24-2008 09:31 PM

Better hurry folks, my games are going fast. So far, folks have claimed my Keepsake, The Longest Journey, Barrow Hill, and Syberia II. (and someone is interested in Scratches)

Just wanted to update my "games claimed" list, so far. (some folks PM me privately for requests instead of requesting them in this thread. Thank you all who have been interested so far.)

tsa 03-24-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MystGirl (Post 463628)
You have Schizm??? Me want. Journey To the Center Of The Earth for Schizm? (I haven't mailed your other stuff yet) Let me know! :)

That's fine! I'll mail you your stuff tomorrow, so I make a package of 3 games.

MystGirl 03-25-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 463630)
That's fine! I'll mail you your stuff tomorrow, so I make a package of 3 games.

I sent you a private PM reply too, but if you change your mind on Keepsake, I could hold it for you, if you have something that comes up on your list eventually that I might want. (I'm in no hurry to get rid of it so I don't mind keeping it for you if you only want The Longest Journey, and Journey To The Center Of the Earth for Now)

(Schizm is an ok substitute for GKIII.)

Thanks! :)

Starflux 03-26-2008 12:04 PM

I've got the rare game The Fish Files for the Gameboy Color. I will gladly trade it in for the treasure man calls Sanitarium. It was released in budget a while back in the states, so I gather perhaps someone's willing and interested =)

ShadeJackrabbit 03-29-2008 03:53 PM

LAST EDITED: March 30th, 2008

Okay... after very little talking with my brother who jumped with joy at the idea, here's my list of games:

I have marked down what I have of each game. If it says "CD Case" but not "Original CD Case" that means I found an empty case which was blank and put it in.

-----

The Labyrinth of Time - CD Case
Macintosh (works on MacOS 8.5 for sure)
CD

Star Trek 25th Anniversary - Original Box and all the contents (I think.)
IBM/TANDY and 100% Compatibles (10 MHz)
640k Hard Disk
3.5" Disks
Dos 2.1 & higher

Jewels of the Oracle - Original CD case, Manual
8MB RAM
2xCD-ROM
Win 3.1/95 or Macintosh
Mouse

Return to Zork - Original CD case, Manual
Includes Adventurer's Guide (Unofficial walkthrough by Steve Scwartz)
4MB RAM
2xCD ROM
Sound Card
Mouse
(I believe it is for Dos, haven't played it in a while)

King's Quest V
- CD Case, Manual, Sierra Game Manual (What is this anyways?)
PC:
DOS 5.0+
2 MB VGA card
Supported sound card
8 MB free space

Macintosh:
8-bit (256 color)
Hard Disk, Superdrive
System 6.0.7 or later
2 MB RAM
Supports Roland MT-32 and CM-32L

Beyond Time - Original CD Case, Manual
IBM Compatible 486/66 or above (minimum)
8MB Installed RAM (16 MB strongly recommended)
Apple(tm) QuickTime(r) for Windows(tm) 2.1.2 (included)
640x480 Super VGA with 256 color resolution minimum (16-, 24- or 32- bit strongly recommended)
Windows compatible sound card
7MB available hard disk space (10MB if QuickTime is not already installed)
Windows 3.1 or later

Schizm - CD Case, Manual.
CD-ROM Version
Windows 95/98/Me/XP
Pentium II 333 MHz processor
32 MB RAM
12x CD-ROM drive
Direct X compatible video and sound cards

Dive: The Conquest of Silver Eye - CD Case, Original Box, A pamphlet that came with it for other software.
MS-DOS 6.0 or greater
486DX/66 MHz processor
8 MB RAM
256-color VGA, VLB or PCI bus
Double speed CD-ROM drive (4x recommended)
1 MB hard disk space

-----

Also, these are the games I would be interesting in obtaining (Dark=most, light grey=least, but still interested):
Syberia II
Bad Mojo
Zork Grand Inquisitor
The Fish Files
Scratches
Hand of Fate - In process of obtaining.
Starship Titanic

-----

Anyone interested?

MystGirl 03-29-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit (Post 463986)

-----

Also, these are the games I would be interesting in obtaining (Dark=most, light grey=least, but still interested):
Syberia II
Bad Mojo
Zork Grand Inquisitor
The Fish Files
Scratches
Hand of Fate
Starship Titanic

-----

Anyone interested?

If you had only posted these sooner... games go fast. I had Syberia II and Scratches a few days ago. Now, others have already claimed them.

There's a good game trading site, that someone else on here, recommended to me. I'm trying a few things on there myself, in addition to my trading thread here. www.gametz.com. You might find Syberia II and Scratches there, since my copies here are already gone.

tsa 03-30-2008 12:24 AM

I have Hand of Fate AND Starship Titanic, and I might be interested in Crime Stories. PM me!

ShadeJackrabbit 03-30-2008 02:15 PM

List Updated

Okay, Crime Stories is being traded, so sorry if anybody else wanted it.

tsa 03-30-2008 09:38 PM

My updated lists of AGs. I'll split them in sections.

Section: the very old. Those games surely don't work on XP.
  1. Sorcerers get all the girls
  2. Spellcasting party pak. All three spellcasting games: Sorcerers get all the girls, The sorcerer's appliance, and Spring break, together on a CD, in a box with maps and a hint book.
  3. Dragon lore
  4. The lately deceased Arthur C. Clarke's Rama

Section: the old. Your mileage may vary.
  1. Dune (apparently very bad; I never played it)
  2. Starship Titanic (Dutch box but the game and manual are in English)
  3. Zork Grand Inquisitor
  4. Odyssee: the search for Ulysses
  5. Atlantis II (in a box without the wrapping)
  6. Secret of the Nautilus

Section: the (fairly) new. These should run on XP without problems.
  1. Post Mortem
  2. Syberia II
  3. Bad Mojo

That's it!

Jelena 03-31-2008 08:43 AM

I have a hard time parting with my games, but since I can't get Broken Sword The Angel of Death to work on my computer (wrong video card) I might as well trade it if anyone is interested.

System requirements:
Win XP
Pentium 4 1.4 GHz or better
256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
Hard Drive space: 2.6GB free
DVD-rom drive :2X speed or faster
Video card Nvidia GeForce 6200 or 128MB
Shader model 1.1 compatible video card (must be compatible with DirectX9.0)
Sound card:Windows compatible sound card DirectX9.0c (included)

ManuelCalavera 05-18-2008 07:27 PM

Game Trades

Im looking for anyone who wants to trade classic adventure games. I am specifically looking for Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis and the others in the series, Simon the Sorcerer.. and any others you might have. If you want to contact me through e-mail let me know.

Here is a list of the games I have saved to files

Sam-n-Max Hit the Road
Manian Mansion- Day of the Tentacle
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2 Lechucks Revenge
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Lesiure Suite Larry Goes Looking for Love in Several Wrong Places
Leisure Suit Larry 3 Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating PectoralsLeisure Suit Larry 5 Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover WorkLeisure Suit Larry 6 Shape Up or Slip Out!
Hugos House of Horrors
Hugo 2
Hugo 3 Jungle of Doom

I also got a bunch of NES games

Melanie68 05-18-2008 07:44 PM

Welcome to AG ManuelCalvera. :) I merged your post with an existing game trading thread. We usually have any game sale/trade threads in Chit Chat and that's why your post count went down to zero. Sorry. I hope you find what you're looking for.

tsa 05-18-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuelCalavera (Post 469113)
Here is a list of the games I have saved to files

Does that mean you don't have the original CD's/floppies?

AFGNCAAP 05-19-2008 12:36 AM

tsa, are you still getting rid of the Spellcasting pack?

tsa 05-19-2008 07:41 AM

Yes I am. What have you got in return?

ManuelCalavera 06-05-2008 05:37 PM

Labrynth Trade?

Im looking anyone willing to trade the Lucasarts game Labyrnth, or Loom enhanced version compatible with scummvm, also I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream scummvm compatible. To trade I have The Secret of Monkey Island Dos or CD version, Monkey Island 2 Lechucks Revenge, Maniac Mansion/Maniac Mansion enhanced, Maniac Mansion Day of the Tentacle (Talkie), Full Throttle, Sam n Max Hit the Road (Talkie), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Talkie), Simon the Sorcerer 1, and Loom. All games scummvm compatible ready to run. I also Have All Leisure Suit Larry Games 1-6 which run with just a few simple settings changes. I have every game listed saved to files.

Davies 06-10-2008 04:08 AM

I just went to Cash Converters yesterday and grabbed up an armload of games. Unfortunately, I didn't look hard enough at one of them, so I now need to offload:

Total Distortion FOR MACINTOSH
Dated 1995. Not only is it in the original box, but even in the original shrink-wrap to keep the freshness in!

Happy to sell or trade. Make me an offer! (I prefer games capable of running on Windows 98.)

Davies 09-05-2008 03:12 AM

Right, I'm tired of seeing this box sit here, so let's recap.

Total Distortion for MAC only

Apparently a rock video - business sim - adventure type game. It sounds really interesting, but I can't play it because I don't have an Apple Mac.

Dated 1995. On CD-ROM. I'll post the detailed specs if anyone wants them. Brand-new condition, in big box, still cellophaned.

I would be delighted to give this away to anyone willing to cover the postage costs, just to see it go to an appreciative home (and out from underfoot).