You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Did You Ever Notice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
GirlBrushThreepwood

Send a message via ICQ to Fma42081 Send a message via AIM to Fma42081 Send a message via MSN to Fma42081 Send a message via Yahoo to Fma42081
Default Did You Ever Notice?

That Nobody on here ever replies to any of your posts? lol happens to me all the time...thinking about leaving soon
Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
GirlBrushThreepwood

Send a message via ICQ to Fma42081 Send a message via AIM to Fma42081 Send a message via MSN to Fma42081 Send a message via Yahoo to Fma42081

gee thanks...warm family of Message Board Posters
Old 01-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
GirlBrushThreepwood

btw thank you for proving my point
Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
merely human

Fma42081, ignore Squinky for now. She's not a very good one for initial social interaction.

Squinky

Anyway, you need to remember that these types of forums are not in real time. That is, don't expect to have each and every post you make replied to the instant you make them. Many of us here come and go through the course of the day or week - most likely because we have a life outside the internet to manage - and so discussions or inquiries tend to ebb and flow accordingly.

Welcome to the community.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
GirlBrushThreepwood

Thank you for your kind words and welcome... i have been here since aug 2004 but havnt posted that much but ones i do never seem to get replied to ..but thank you for the info and for your respect feel better now that i got atleast one kind word...anyhow thanks agian
Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Happens to me all the time. The trick is to be completely self-centered, and thus not care.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Happens to me all the time.
What? This?

Giligan
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
GirlBrushThreepwood

hehe thanks guys both of you good cheer up..hehe
Old 01-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
Super Moderator

This thread got replied to.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=21282

It all depends on if it's a subject someone feels like discussing or not. If they don't, they don't respond. Also, it it's a subject that has been discussed many times before, it may also be less likely to be responded to as well. As was mentioned in your favorite adventure game thread you started, that subject has been started quite a few times. I wouldn't take it personally.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fma42081 View Post
btw thank you for proving my point

Seriously, I get that impression too about my own contributions sometimes, or rather the impression that my posts always seems to be the last post in a thread that is then abandoned, giving me the feeling I kill threads (The Thread™ being an exception, obviously).

But then I realise, this is just me being too selfconscious, and I'm just making myself barmy with that kind of paranoia.

So don't let a few unreplied to threads bring you down. I've started a few of those in my time too. These days I shrug, and think, "Oh well". Of course it is nice if people reply, but how often have you read a thread, and were too lazy to reply to it, even if you thought it was a good thread or post you just read? Or thought you'd post a comment later, but then forgot? Everyone does that kind of thing sometimes, but they don't mean any insult.

We all get a little paranoid about people not responding to our contributions. A little paranoia is normal, and only healthy. Just remember that sometimes it plays tricks on each of us.

Like Mel says, no one intended any personal insult against you. It's just a combination of unlucky circumstances for some threads.

So please, try and reconsider before making your decision whether to leave or not.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Fma42081, ignore Squinky for now. She's not a very good one for initial social interaction.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm a bit of an acquired taste.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Nobody can kill The Thread.

But otherwise I'm a rather good thread killer if you search my history.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
tsa
Playing character

A forum is one of the least 'heavy' ways of social interaction possible. Posting in a forum is a bit like speaking for an audience: no one is required to answer you, but of course as the speaker, you would like people to answer. Everybody is ignored every once in a while. Don't let it get to you. If you want to be answered, try to post insightful or original statements, or, if you don't mind being scolded or even banned, try to be obnoxious
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
The Major Grubert.

Peeps, not every post needs a reply, and that shouldn't get you thinking that someone didn't get a chuckle or give a nod for it. This is a text medium--don't assume too much by a lack of replies.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
DAVE

No, I kill threads, not jazahpdishdshn7. Everytime I post in the music thread, it dies for a week. Are you appreciating my awesome musical taste or what? My gaming posts often go ignored too.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #16
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
No, I kill threads, not jazahpdishdshn7. Everytime I post in the music thread, it dies for a week. Are you appreciating my awesome musical taste or what? My gaming posts often go ignored too.

That's no thread killing. That's temporary thread paralyzing.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
JKR

Sometimes, yeah. But it's okay if they don't. You just move on and find some more threads to talk in. Eventually someone disagrees with you and you get into a huge argument which spawns constant bickering across every thread and finally turns into a blood feud where your families are at war for generations.

THEN you'll be sorry...

Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #18

I came to this thread and did what I quite often find myself doing: I read the first few posts, then scanned through the rest, and then posted a reply that did not reference any of the previous replies. So it's not as though I'm ignoring other people's thoughts; it's just that replying without reference to these thoughts makes a post look like it's disconnected and lonely.

I quite often agree with other people's posts; it's just that it feels a bit redundant to reply, when the only thing you can do is quote the post and say something like "Yeah, I agree with you!" Maybe we should do that more often.

I expect the same sorts of habits apply to other forum posters.

Also, the inability to see people's faces and read their minds as they communicate - i.e. the fact that we only have text and a limited range of emoticons - does make many writings seem more serious and formal than they were intended to be.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
That's no thread killing. That's temporary thread paralyzing.

-
Semantics.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #20
tsa
Playing character

I'm quite good at temporarily paralyzing the Choices- and Three Questions threads