You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat *cough* BacardiJim?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #1

Default *cough* BacardiJim?

Do you EVER check your private messages?
Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
Banned User

Sorry, mystmum. I've been kinda scarce. I'm sick of having my personality, my intelligence, my tastes and pretty much everything else about me viciously attacked by one of my "colleagues" every time I visit. But I got your message.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
I'm sick of having my personality, my intelligence, my tastes and pretty much everything else about me viciously attacked by one of my "colleagues" every time I visit.
That's probably because you often present your tastes and opinions as universal truth. Maybe you should lighten up?

Old 02-18-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
That's probably because you often present your tastes and opinions as universal truth. Maybe you should lighten up?
A) The "colleague" making all the personal attacks is guilty of the same thing.

B) Interestingly, I received a PM from a forumite a few days ago complaining that it is the other regulars here who are gulity of this and that this person is leaving the forum here as a result. I won't reveal the person's name, but here is a part of the PM:
Quote:
I just needed someone to talk to about how frustrating I find this forum.
Way back when you did that editorial, I came here to voice my opinion. Someone at GB said that one should hang out at a forum to get the feel of it first before jumping in on something controversial. That made sense, so I started looking in here as part of my daily routine.
I like the articles and the reviews, and for the most part found the discussions stimulating.
The frustrating thing for me is that I feel marginalized and archaic due to the constant innuendoes that the games I love to play are not valid nor relevant in todays evolving genre. It's not because of age or experience, it's more the attitude of superiority. I don't like many adventure games (due to interface, action, etc.) but I don't try to make the people that do like them "see the light"... For some reason here it becomes a mission to prove that these games are substandard to the rest of the Adventure Games.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:02 PM   #5
Friendly Server Admin

Let's keep the attacks, even nameless ones, in private, okay?
Old 02-19-2004, 11:22 AM   #6
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Uhm yeah. Let's.

I'm off to a party now, to have fun.