Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   If adventure has a name, it must be... Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/20893-if-adventure-has-name-must-kingdom-crystal-skull.html)

Giligan 09-12-2007 04:15 PM

If adventure has a name, it must be... Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Indiana Jones 4 title officially revealed:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/818/818912p1.html

Excellent. True, it doesn't quite have the ring of "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and it takes a few more minutes to say, but it's all good. Can't wait to see it. :D

Jazhara7 09-12-2007 04:26 PM

Oooh, does this have anything to do with those crystal skulls that supposedly were made by the Aztecs, and which have a curse on them, but they found out that they were actually manufactured by a company in Switzerland back then?

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jatsie 09-12-2007 04:51 PM

Damien Hirst isn't impressed.

http://www.theartnewspaper.com/imgart/hirst-skull.jpg

Not A Speck Of Cereal 09-12-2007 09:04 PM

Like Indy I and III, this is based on a real legend, so I'm psyched on this. Please let them do justice!

jacog 09-12-2007 09:52 PM

But as far as i know it has already been proven a hoax. Makes it a lame subject for a film.

Lucien21 09-13-2007 12:32 AM

In American Dragon the Huntsman was trying to collect 13 crystal skulls to destroy all magical creatures.

(Sorry -spent too long watching Jetix while on holiday)

D.C. 09-13-2007 12:33 AM

I like the title. The guys on the mixnmojo comments don't seem to, though. I'm really impressed at this movies cast as well - especially Cate Blanchett.

Glenn Epic 09-13-2007 03:43 AM

I'll put it this way, I'll certainly opt for "One ticket to Indiana Jones 4" at the ticket counter.

RLacey 09-13-2007 04:33 AM

I don't like the title much at the moment, but these things always grow on me.

Dale Baldwin 09-13-2007 04:38 AM

It sounds like an alternate name for Flight of the Amazon Queen. That had a crystal skull as well.

Giligan 09-13-2007 07:15 AM

I'm just glad they cast the character of Marion Ravenwood again instead of some shrieky nightclub singer. Or evil enemy agent, for that matter.

Which makes one wonder how Shia Lebeuf fits into the picture, as Abner Ravenwood's son and thus Marion's brother. Or was it Marion's son? Can't remember. Not only is Abner rumored to be returning (John Hurt's character), but they're going to have to explain the mysterious mom of the youngest Ravenwood. Maybe that'll be Cate Blanchett's character. (And Shia's character's name is "Mutt" Ravenwood. A lot of rumors about Shia Lebeuf carrying on the adventure-in-fedora legacy after Harrison Ford went out with the revelation of that name.)

Jatsie 09-13-2007 07:31 AM

I want me some John Rhys-Davies!

ATMachine 09-13-2007 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan
I'm just glad they cast the character of Marion Ravenwood again instead of some shrieky nightclub singer. Or evil enemy agent, for that matter.

It'd be sort of hard to cast Alison Doody again, seeing as her character is dead (okay, there might be a 0.0000000001% chance Elsa survived the fall into that crevasse).

Kate Capshaw, on the other hand... I offer my thanks every morning before the God of Movies that someone convinced Spielberg not to cast his wife again.

Quote:

Which makes one wonder how Shia Lebeuf fits into the picture, as Abner Ravenwood's son and thus Marion's brother. Or was it Marion's son? Can't remember. Not only is Abner rumored to be returning (John Hurt's character), but they're going to have to explain the mysterious mom of the youngest Ravenwood. Maybe that'll be Cate Blanchett's character. (And Shia's character's name is "Mutt" Ravenwood. A lot of rumors about Shia Lebeuf carrying on the adventure-in-fedora legacy after Harrison Ford went out with the revelation of that name.)
I've heard that
Spoiler:
Shia is Indy and Marion's son, and Cate Blanchett plays a female Soviet general.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 439378)
I want me some John Rhys-Davies!

He's not in it, sadly.

Giligan 09-13-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATMachine (Post 439383)
I've heard that
Spoiler:
Shia is Indy and Marion's son, and Cate Blanchett plays a female Soviet general.

Doesn't Indy just happen to

Spoiler:
stumble across Mutt at Yale University, while being chased by Soviet agents? (Without really knowing who he is until finding out later) You're probably right, I don't know. Just thought I had heard that on IGN.

As for the latter

Spoiler:
Sounds pretty cheesy, a female Soviet General? And I suppose she'll be the officer in charge of the team of Soviets recovering the artifact, that Indy just happens to looking for himself. And she'll fall for Indy and let him escape from Soviet captivity out of the kindness of her heart. God, let it not be so!

Kolzig 09-13-2007 09:36 AM

Come on Indy!

This is a good title, it's got the trademark Indy feeling.
2008 could come already! I want to see Indy again at the theater!

Not A Speck Of Cereal 09-13-2007 07:05 PM

Abner is not really 'returning', as he was already reported dead in the 1st film. It would be easy to explain his currently living existence (given that we had so little to go on with Marion's initial claims), and his age difference with Indy is good given that Marion was very young when first hooked up with Indy.

If Lebeuf is a Ravenwood, he would likey be a brother rather than a son, given his age.

Henke 09-18-2007 07:04 PM

Please, please, please don't mess up this movie. *both fingers crossed*