You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The results are in...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #21
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
You'll be the second Adventure game playing Lawyer I know, then.

The other one died in 2004 at the age of 73.

I miss him.

-
A big *aaaww* from me, as well.

(((Jaz)))
Old 07-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Also, a big *awwww* to Jazzie. (But yay for a great way to get sympathy points, if you don't mind me saying (in a completely kindly manner) )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
A big *aaaww* from me, as well.

(((Jaz)))

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. The worst thing is actually not his death (though that he died is sad in itself), but rather that I didn't learn of his death until 1 and a 1/2 year later, and then only because I mentioned that I wondered what happened to him in the right place. The person I am talking about was known as "Hilander", and was one of the regulars over at the official TLJ forums back when I first registered there. Like I said, he was a laweyer, and he was from Texas. But he knew about quite a bit about Germany from his time spent here when he was young, so we had something to talk about. One day though, he suddenly stopped posting, without a sign what might have happened to him, or could have caused him to leave.

Then somehow I happened to mention that I wondered as to his fate, over at RaMa's Black house forums (RaMa I originally also knew from the official TLJ forums, and he knew Hilander from there too), and one of the members there did some research, and found the obituary for Hilander from his home town. I am very thankful for the help of those people in that forum, and though I guess I had suspected it for quite some time already, it was a relief to finally know for sure what happened to him. It gives a feeling of closure, even if it is sad to know he is dead.

But I still miss him at times, but that's normal, I think. I'd feel awful if one day I would find I no longer miss old friends and family. It makes you sad to remember those who have passed on, but at least you'll always have the memory, and that is worth the sadness.

But this story also made me painfully aware of how easy it is to lose track of people over the Internet. If something happens to us, people we only know over the Internet would have no way of getting notice of this. This is why I've thought of making a list of emails of my friends, so that my parents or sisters can notify them if anything happens to me so that at least they'd know. And those friends could then notify those people who knew me and considered friends, but didn't know the emails of. It wouldn't help anything to improve my condition probably, but at least I would know my friends wouldn't have that nagging worry in the back of their heads, because they couldn't be sure if I was alright. I know this sounds as if I think a lot of me and a bit selfish, but I know I would have been glad to get some notice of Hilanders death, earlier than 1 and a half year after it. And I think some people care enough for me here to feel such worry if I were to vanish, especially after I saw that some of you voiced their concern when I didn't post for several days while being on a Ski Trip earlier this year (since usually I am always logged in, and post at least once a day here, and if not check the forums at least once a day meaning I will then show up in the logged in list, I guess my absence would be noticed here pretty quickly.). I later realised I should really have put up a notice that I will be gone for a few days, but I realised that too late.

So yeah, I think I'll set up a list like that for emergencies.

And now I have distracted from the topic at hand enough, I think.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!