Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Post your PEEVES here. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/20464-post-your-peeves-here.html)

Not A Speck Of Cereal 07-18-2007 07:00 PM

Post your PEEVES here.

Rules:
  1. It's just a peeve. You cannot disagree with someones peeve. It's not your peeve, it's theirs.
  2. See the above.
Examples (also offered as peeves):

Peeve: realizing that instead of selecting "Mark forum read", you selected "Mark forums read"

Peeve: tailgaters

Peeve: comma splices

Peeve: that when cross traffic is turning left on a green arrow, you have a free right turn (after a brief stop), so pay attention and turn!

Anti-Peeve (to balance the world when you post a peeve): Tax refunds!

Anti-Peeve: Graduation!!

Squinky 07-18-2007 07:08 PM

Peeve: The word "peeve". It sounds too much like a bodily function to me.

Melanie68 07-18-2007 07:10 PM

Peeve: People who hold up traffic in a parking lot to get a really close space when there is a perfectly fine open space a little farther down.

Antipeeve: Getting Chinese (or Thai food) and having leftovers.
Anitpeeve: Getting my hair trimmed and styled (although there's a part peeve in there in that I have no place to go with my hair looking all chic).

Giligan 07-18-2007 07:26 PM

Peeve: Foreign armored vehicles. American armored vehicles really are the best. Most foreign AFVs look like roadkill with wheels.

lumi 07-18-2007 07:44 PM

Peeve: not remembering your peeves whenever you're asked about them.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 07-18-2007 07:48 PM

Peeve: people who still write checks at the grocery.

lumi 07-18-2007 07:59 PM

Peeve: people going to the library and parking in the spots that say "No Parking - book drop only".

Peeve: the word "lozenge".

Peeve: getting pumped to go eat out somewhere, only find out that it's closed.

Peeve: acronyms like IANAL.

Peeve: the phrase "To each their own."

Jatsie 07-19-2007 02:47 AM

I have so many peeves, but we'll start with a couple that have affected me recently.

Peeve: when companies change the packaging of a product I buy regularly, so when I pop into the shop to grab a replacement, I can't easily spot what I'm looking for on the shelf.

Peeve: when companies change the recipe of a food/beverage I enjoy, and I can no longer buy it as I dislike the new taste.

SnorkleCat 07-19-2007 02:59 AM

peeve: People who pronounce "Sartre" to rhyme with Jimmy Carter.

peeve: The terrible spelling one encounters online.

peeve: The ridiculously loud kissing noises and punching sfx one hears in the movies.

peeve: Gratuitous gymnastics during movie fight scenes...you know, villain politely waits for hero to flip himself upright and then do a cartwheel off a table before the fight resumes.

anti-peeve: Cuddling a cat

anti-peeve: Cocoa with marshmallows

anti-peeve: Starman :)

Jelena 07-19-2007 05:55 AM

Peeve:To be ignored.
Peeve:Those situps I force myself to do.

Anti-peeve:Long walks in the woods with my dog.
Anti-peeve:Having something fun to look forward to.

Trunkyo 07-19-2007 06:41 AM

Peeve: The public libraries in my city transforming into loud, chaotic day camps for kids during summer vacation :shifty:
Peeve: Loud, long, one-way cellphone conversations by other bus passengers :shifty:
Peeve:The fact that the incorrect term "chaise lounge" is becoming more popular. It should be chaise longue, French for 'long chair', but people reason that one lounges on it, therefore, chaise "lounge" :frusty:

Anti-peeve: Reading manga all day in a quiet, secluded location (i.e. not the public library during summer vacation)
Anti-peeve: Katsudon for lunch :9
Anti-peeve: Winning an item on eBay by virtue of being the only bidder

SoccerDude28 07-19-2007 01:53 PM

peeve- anyone who drives a hummer.
peeve- people in the passenger seat who put their feet on the dashboard of the car.
peeve- video game fan boys.

undeaf 07-19-2007 02:18 PM

Peeve: the huge number of wireless devices out now. How about coming up with some actual good designs instead?

Peeve: mp3 players without replaceable batteries.

Peeve: Dumb french loanwords like coup de gras and pate. Even if I understood the words, how the hell am I supposed to make sense of the various meanings of "blow of fat"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 426493)
Peeve: when companies change the recipe of a food/beverage I enjoy, and I can no longer buy it as I dislike the new taste.

That reminds me...
Peeve: when foods say they contain canola AND/OR soy oil, or sugar AND/OR corn syrup. I know most of those foods are junk anyway, but it's fucking annoying because they do it all the time.

Peeve: ferrero boasting about their chocolates being low in or free of chocolate. Damnit, chocolate is really good for you, it's the sugar that it comes with that's bad.

Okay, I just need to recall one more...

Peeve: The new slang term "sick". We need that word for it's original meaning!

Giligan 07-19-2007 02:30 PM

Peeve: People who are peeved by Hummers.

Squinky 07-19-2007 02:55 PM

Peeve: People who are peeved by people who are peeved by Hummers.

Melanie68 07-19-2007 02:59 PM

Peeve: People who don't balance the universe by adding antipeeves. If the world ends, it's your fault... *sobs*

Antipeeve: looking at my dog's pretty face (even if it does look funny now). :)

Jatsie 07-19-2007 03:06 PM

Peeve: these infernal phone-in quiz shows, that are slowing plaguing more and TV channels, and replacing actual programming late at night.

Peeve: the concept of an "anti-peeve."

Squinky 07-19-2007 03:09 PM

Anti-Peeve: The smirk of satisfaction on my face as I purposefully annoy people with my pessimism.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 07-19-2007 07:13 PM

Peeve: getting popped for blowing an intersection on my bike. There were no cars.

Peeve: the swagger that cop had, combined with the meekness I had to cop to keep from getting cited. "Yes, God, I was wrong. No, I don't think that I don't have to follow the rules that everyone else has to, even though there were no cars going through the intersection".

Giligan 07-20-2007 04:01 AM

Peeve: Smug people who are peeved by people who are peeved by people who are peeved by certain vehicles.

Anti-peeve: Sail magazine, everyone should be a subscriber.